Esperia Prowler Theorycrafting with Purchase Poll!

Will you be purchasing a Prowler during its upcoming Concept Sale?

• Yes

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • No

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Maybe. Depends on what info comes out during Sale / Q & A

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Why buy a Prowler when I can buy more beer?

Votes: 11 27.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I_MIKE_I

Space Marshal
May 7, 2016
RSI Handle
I_MIKE_I
I wouldn't mind buying it, but I kinda feel like this whole "rare tevarin leftover finished by esparia" thing is just to tell us it's another not-so-cheap ship, despite not being too overwhelming in terms of performance.

As far as abilities go, I seriously doubt that you'll be able to "stealth board" anything unless they really go for some unrealistic stuff like short range teleportation, which would in turn give them all sorts of flame because the FPS-Players could just board everything.

If we assume that a target has to be immobilized etc. to be boarded, then I don't see an awful lot of sense behind a "dedicated" boarding ship, since I could just as well drop people from a Freelancer/Constellation.

That said, I'd surely buy it if it could launch EVAs...

Pander

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
Pander22
I think a ship like this needs a gimmick for disabling ships if it does it will be mucho expensive, But if it's just super stealthy I just don't see it being an efficient bording craft compared to something like a cutlass that may not be as stealthy but can equip some kind of ion weapon.

(I still think the Connie could be one of the best boarding ships)

SO theory crafting the gimmick

I've had some ideas for some stuff in my prowler from the prowler comp,

Solar sails deploy that shield it from radar once it gets closer and keep it moving silently, (it would also be cool and different)

Some kind of pilot controlled ion weapon and turrets as I just don't see it being stealthy when it's right on top of you I still think it will plip on a radar when it gets really close,

Some kind of grapple device would be cool even if it was just a cable as we know they were not as adavced,

Really they have a lot of opportunities to make something unique and not human with a cool alien gimmick,

I just really hope its not just super stealthy as that's boring!

Reactions: JackAvalon
Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
I have issues with the eva boarding. these ships can take torps to their hull and not be breached what man carried item can breach a hulll that a torp couldn't. how is it that stealthy and still carry troops? If only 1 or 2 troops then what is the point since they are just going to be overwhelmed by the 5+ crew. people want it slow, low powered, small, weaponless, defenseless for just stealth? Nah too weak and unbalanced.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
How about a dual mode ship? while in active mode it has speed and moderate weapons and hardened shields. while in stealth mode it retracts (ie goes inside the ship for lower cross sig) weapons, shield stays up but does not regenerate. the generator is nearly turned off and engines power is reduced, all light are off and many utilities turned off such as power armor chargers and things like the connie table that moves is disabled. basically it becomes a slightly steerable rock that has 10-15 ANGRY MARINES AAAAAAHHHHH FOR. THE. EMPERAH!!! and they kill the ship crew to be utilized in the tests space hulk collection.

Reactions: JackAvalon
Forgot your password?