Estimated Ship Prices in UEC (based on RSI estimates Nov 2016)

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
True. I suspect they'll either give you a starter ship to begin with or credits to buy one. Otherwise, if they make a new player (who hasn't bought any ships during development) slave around for weeks before being able to afford even the most basic of ships, that would suck harder than this
Honestly I have a solid picture in my head of how I would like to see this work out. When it comes to the release version, I would love to see a $10 game version. This version would be without a ship and you would have to buy transport or get a spot on a ship as a crew. Eventually, you would be able to afford your own ship.

A side version (and I am very, very cautious about this one) is to offer the game as free to play. The free to play version would not allow for a pilot's license. So you physically couldn't sit in a pilot seat. However, it would allow you to be a crew member, fps your ass off, and play star marine. When you want to fly and find your own way around the 'verse, you can sub up and pay the fee for a license. This comes with a big load of caution though since free to play just piles on the hacks and exploits.

Either way, I think a ship should take some effort to obtain. Granted, an Aurora shouldn't take too long to earn (no offense). However, it shouldn't be just given out.

eaglemmoomin

Space Marshal
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
eaglemmoomin
Well a suit of light marine armour is what 10k Uec or so right now and a semi decent ship borne weapon is 12K to 18K so that's the first stab at a pricing model so I can't help but think ships will start at more than the 4x multipler.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Either way, I think a ship should take some effort to obtain. Granted, an Aurora shouldn't take too long to earn (no offense). However, it shouldn't be just given out.
IIRC, they said somewhere that you might be given a starter ship (citation needed) at the end of Squardon 42, for finishing the campaign and leaving the military.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Arnt we getting a little too heavy into the details of theorycrafting here?
I won't just sit here and wait for development to happen. I refuse to not theorycraft and speculate wildly.
Don't try to silence us.
WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO TALK ABOUT STUFF WE KNOW LITTLE ABOUT!

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Hmm... 25 000 000, TEST has 10k members. 2500 UEC donation per member per Jevelin. We could be pumping them Jevelins out daily tbh :D
Blot out the sun with those. Blot out a few suns with those. Fill a black hole until it's just a black heap of Jevelins. We can do it!

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Hmm... 25 000 000, TEST has 10k members. 2500 UEC donation per member per Jevelin. We could be pumping them Jevelins out daily tbh :smile:
Blot out the sun with those. Blot out a few suns with those. Fill a black hole until it's just a black heap of Jevelins. We can do it!
I approve of this motion.

You have my Orion for gathering minerals.

Reactions: Blind Owl and FZD

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
I can also see the logic for some sort of reward element for players with basic packages to keep playing. (Upgrading weopons and all that first of course) Maybe after a week of play. Largely speaking though what matters more is not how long it takes but rather whether its fun. If you grind for three hours and its boring as f*ck but play for a week and enjoy it I know I would rather enjoy it. I am a little biased though as I do not plan to start with an Aurora or mustang but maybe I will be missing out (Maybe I can buy an extra package now they have gone up in price again).

Reactions: Blind Owl

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
I can also see the logic for some sort of reward element for players with basic packages to keep playing. (Upgrading weopons and all that first of course) Maybe after a week of play. Largely speaking though what matters more is not how long it takes but rather whether its fun. If you grind for three hours and its boring as f*ck but play for a week and enjoy it I know I would rather enjoy it. I am a little biased though as I do not plan to start with an Aurora or mustang but maybe I will be missing out (Maybe I can buy an extra package now they have gone up in price again).
I dont think CR aims to make another Elite: Dangerous.

Also, if you supported the game back in the early stages, you have been rewarded already, extra rewards are earned, and should not be expected. #millenialproblems

Forgot your password?