Eve Online

Xynomorphine

Lieutenant
May 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Xynomorphine
Who still plays Eve, I myself have played from 2005 and still play it, any one think it will survive when Star Citizen launches for real.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
2005 and still going?

I suspect when SC PU launches, you activity in Eve will plummet.

Then one day you will realize an entire week has gone by and you have not checked on your skills.

Then a short time later you will realize that 2 months have passed... then 6 months, and it will become apparent that you have left the game!

Fenrig

Rear Admiral
May 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fenrig
That's what happened to me. I even tried to start playing again, but I just couldn't be fucked to care anymore.

Xynomorphine

Lieutenant
May 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Xynomorphine
I'm getting that way myself with Eve, their is more to attract me to SC can't wait till the FPS Marine part launches, CCP got it wrong when they released Dust514 for Play Station but I didn't want to go out and buy one so I could play that, SC will do well I trust.

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
I don't think EVE is going to be terribly affected by SC in the long run. They're both about as different as can be when it comes to space games. EVE is more like a turn based strategy game while SC is clearly an RTS. If you like/love EvE then it's unlikely that you'll be able to scratch the same itch with SC and the same goes for the reverse.

I played EvE for years on multiple accounts and was highly successful in it, but whenever I felt like playing a proper space sim, EvE never even crossed my mind.

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
Wish I could sill play. But EVE requires a huge commitment of time to do anything in it besides log in to check your skills. With 2 kids and a wife I don't have the time for that anymore. Im lucky to have an hour or two to play each day. Unless I get up early. Witch I do... Otherwise Id never get to play lol.

Derkerter

Space Marshal
Feb 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Derkerter
I run L3 missions in Amarr space currently. 20 days out from tech 1.5 Tengu, 75 days from full skilled HAMgu. got 20 days to make 950mil, I think I can do it :cool:

Xynomorphine

Lieutenant
May 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Xynomorphine
Yea I understand that all the games are different, and should survive ok, but the concept of Star Citizen I like, multi crewed ships and in the future being able to have a good punch up on the ground, or give support to those on the ground in the same game.

Xynomorphine

Lieutenant
May 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Xynomorphine
I run L3 missions in Amarr space currently. 20 days out from tech 1.5 Tengu, 75 days from full skilled HAMgu. got 20 days to make 950mil, I think I can do it :cool:
Ahh grinding Lvl3 huh I do it in Gallente Space, used to mine a lot but CODE are a problem in the area I stay, loads of kill mails from them in Cats taking out Macks, and Retrivers, 950k that's a tall order best of luck with that, if your in game say hello call sign is the same as this Xynomorphine

Derkerter

Space Marshal
Feb 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Derkerter
Ahh grinding Lvl3 huh I do it in Gallente Space, used to mine a lot but CODE are a problem in the area I stay, loads of kill mails from them in Cats taking out Macks, and Retrivers, 950k that's a tall order best of luck with that, if your in game say hello call sign is the same as this Xynomorphine
Code is a butt, though having an over-tanked retriever can lead to shenanigans. Very very low presence where I am though, which is nice since I make my own ammo. Sent a mail, Derk Erter in EVE. Probably going to be in and out often today though, getting new windows IRL

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
Ya when I played I was block level FC for CFC, ive lead alliances, corps, coalitions. I was part of the group that started the invasion of IT alliance space in Fountain several years back. Ive done WH space, high sec, low sec, null sec, FW, mining, industry, small gang, large gang, even multiboxed fighting small gangs with just me controlling 5 ships. lol

You name it ive done it with very few exceptions. They would be fly my own Super Carrier/titan, place an EGG in space (tho I have lead the fleet that defended one as it was being transported and then placed) and maybe a few other things I cant think of at the moment. I haven't been recording and posting all of my eve exploits but a select few are on my youtube channel. www.youtube.com/zanzalin

Reactions: chrizz

Sol Invictus

Commander
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Sol Invictus
I played from 2008 and have 4 characters all at 70mil plus SP but havent played for about a year now. I have de-activated my accounts now also so they are just sitting there gathering dust!

If only we were allowed to sell accounts, theres a couple of thousand sat there in characters :(

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
I played the EVE free trial and kinda had fun. Does that count?

Reactions: o-BHG-o

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I played EVE. As part of the Goonfleet. Back in... Dang, 2006? *feels old all of a sudden*

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I used to play EVE a ton. Mostly did wormholing, had a really nice setup in a static hisec WH. 3 Carriers, one of them mine, for POS repping and support. 2 Dreads for enemy POS knocking.

I flew T2 cruisers mainly. All of them, but I was very partial to the Falcon (yeah, I'm one of THOSE guys), Curse, Zealot and Huginn.

Also flew a Bhaalghorn, but that was way too pricey to bring out for everyday fights.

Carrier alt was barebones carrier.

Had some fun times, but it lost appeal after a few years.

Derkerter

Space Marshal
Feb 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Derkerter
Today, I lost my dominix to a HAMgu. And now I want a HAMgu even more. R.I.P. Dominix, at least the guy didn't pod me.

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
nop. not anymore.

though i was a carebear for 2 years, shame on me. saw the most beautiful ship in this game and worked towards it fully fitted.

after i got it, it never even went into combat, i just looked at it and i stopped playing eve eventually.

now seung has my macha and takes care of it :)

Reactions: SeungRyul

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
now seung has my macha and takes care of it :)
Oh gods...how do I explain...shit shit shit. *runs to Jita*
:P

No its in the hangar not gathering dust as I have slaves polish it to a shine every morning.

Forgot your password?