Evocati adopts tighter information security protocols

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
It wouldn't surprise me if CIG is already 90% certain who 90% of the leakers currently are, though the majority of leaks so far have been things (as Montoya pointed out) CIG should be putting out there before the leakers can anyways.
Which makes me wonder if the reason for them doing things the way they have been is so they can figure out who they can reasonably trust to test the decision making options/consequences in SQ42, since that is the kind of stuff I imagine they really want to keep contained until release.

Reactions: Lorddarthvik

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
If it were me... yeah, after trying this if it fails and the leaks keep coming, I'd chuck it in and I'd hire an independent test studio which has history of a) testing multiple and varied games over and over and over, and b) not leaking stuff - just for use on s42.

There is keeping things crowd sourced and there is keeping things leek-free and if it has been demonstrated repeatedly not to be a secure source of toil, Evo can't be used for the purpose of getting a commercial product to market. Patches and testing the devs tech builds in the PTU in Alpha yeah but... even with the PU going into Beta? Going on to full production? It's got a bit iffy hasn't it...?

Sorry to say it that way but if this Evo fire-testing fails and the leeks keep coming, don't use the Evo and go with a tried-and-tested independent QC studio who's daily bread and butter is testing games back to front and keeping junk secret. Testing is not fun, testing is not playing the game, testing is a laborious slog of crawling every single inch of the map/level doing everything you can in every combination of load-out to a predefined script of tasks and on timescale which is not your own and is fairly tough to keep to.

Don't get me wrong I appreciate every single second the Evo has been able to devote to help make every single patch that comes out as good as it can be, but there comes a point, like when we are talking about S42, when you are putting the game out to market when you have to step back and say "Nope, for security and being able to actually hit a deadline, now is the time to take it to the professionals." I'm not saying the Evo is not professional or can't meet deadlines either - however it is obviously a point of unacceptable leaks which will severely marr the launch of a new game. Look at The Last Of Us 2 what a freakin' fail of a leak that was.

Loose Lips Melt Pledge Ships. 400i leaks, Titan Suit leaks, what if they are not being implemented until patch 3.16? Until patch 4.2? What if they are being tested for viability and are never being released because it's found to be too OP for the game balance? That's a lot of hype built up for something which may never be intended to be delivered.

Even worse than melted pledges are the ones that never happen because a feature leaked from Evo doesn't happen and a backer decides that has put them off the project. Loose Lips, Loose Lips...

Last edited:
Forgot your password?