Excess Store Credit Problem

Freak0

Grand Admiral
Donor
Aug 31, 2019
RSI Handle
Freako_0
I started a thread on Spectrum I think many may find interesting. I hope it does not get locked....

I posted this on the Concierge forum ... so not everybody may have access.

Reactions: Ayeteeone

RoosterRage

Captain
Donor
Jul 16, 2022
RSI Handle
RoosterRage
All I can say is do not have store credit when it goes live, years back CR talked about how expensive ships will be in game for UEC and how the larger ships are extremely discounted right now.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Its an interesting problem to have.

As the years have gone on, I too find myself just using the same 3-4 ships over and over.

Im guessing you will just roll it over into some new ship concept eventually rather than just leave it in there.

CRISS9000

Space Marshal
Jul 13, 2016
RSI Handle
criss9000
if you *really* want to get rid of store credits, even tho I would recommend otherwise, you can always waste them on game credits (the non-alpha UEC) - the same credits that won't be in use for many years yet, but maybe, just maybe, eventually, they [might] be put to use, if you're still hopeful that SC will, some day, come out of pre-alpha.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I wouldn't spend them on game credits - they adjust the value of game credits over time to make them less and less valuable so you'll effectively be wasting more and more real money as time goes on.

You could buy ships with it and then sell them in game - that is likely to best value as ships are always going to be worth something and be fairly balanced in game.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
if you *really* want to get rid of store credits, even tho I would recommend otherwise, you can always waste them on game credits (the non-alpha UEC) - the same credits that won't be in use for many years yet, but maybe, just maybe, eventually, they [might] be put to use, if you're still hopeful that SC will, some day, come out of pre-alpha.
They are given as additional aUEC currently each time there is a wipe.

RoosterRage

Captain
Donor
Jul 16, 2022
RSI Handle
RoosterRage
I highly recommend that nobody buy UEC with the horrible exchange rate of $1 dollar equals 1000 UEC, so for instance take the Reclaimer in game cost of 15,126,400 UEC it would cost you $15,126.00 real money if you bought it with UEC you paid cash for or you could buy it for $400 straight out.

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
If I remember correctly (absolutely NO warrantee on that) the original idea was that the hangar contents needed to be settled by Beta. I would highly doubt that to be the case anymore; while the current business model is not infinitely sustainable, it's doing quite well for the company at the moment. Some variant of it could carry on into live without bothering me at all. By the time the game gets to the 'no more wipes' point, there will be so many people with better than a starter package that it simply won't matter if they continue selling ships for cash. Unless you got friends, an org, and knowledge of how to use the ship, it doesn't matter what you buy it'll end up feeding a Reclaimer.

As Glorious Leader pointed out, there are maybe 3 or 4 ships that get used regularly, and for me two of those are are the 315p and Titan. Not exactly deep pockets required... the two are phenomenally useful in game, especially in Evo/PTU patches that get wiped every day. The C8R may take on some of those duties tho; sweet little ship in a 'high bug' environment.

The other two are the Sentinel and the 400i, for what they are good at, and occasionally the Carrack comes out for testing something.

To your original point @Freak0 I've never considered anything beyond having it all spent, so don't have an opinion on your idea. The credit I have has decidedly migrated into larger/fewer, and will otherwise remain as credit until forced/convinced to use it on something.

Last edited:

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I highly recommend that nobody buy UEC with the horrible exchange rate of $1 dollar equals 1000 UEC, so for instance take the Reclaimer in game cost of 15,126,400 UEC it would cost you $15,126.00 real money if you bought it with UEC you paid cash for or you could buy it for $400 straight out.
The idea is to start with more gear than the standard starting UEC gets you. Would I recommend dropping lots? No.
If there is a particular firearm, armor, loadout, etc. you want to start with without having to grind without to start, that is the reason. 2K to 20K isn't likely enough. 30K, you get a proper start.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
If I remember correctly (absolutely NO warrantee on that) the original idea was that the hangar contents needed to be settled by Beta.
Unless I am mistaken (I probs am) one of the conditions of Kickstarter is that one a project is complete you can't continue to crowdfund in the way you were in your Crowdfunded endeavour, so once SC is on the shelves they will have to close the "Pledge" store.

If it becomes a "Ship" store I don't know but I very much doubt anyone will want to actually buy ships at this price without the justification of it funding development and if the ships fall in price there gonna be hella salt from the "investment" crowd as a result.

RoosterRage

Captain
Donor
Jul 16, 2022
RSI Handle
RoosterRage
Unless I am mistaken (I probs am) one of the conditions of Kickstarter is that one a project is complete you can't continue to crowdfund in the way you were in your Crowdfunded endeavour, so once SC is on the shelves they will have to close the "Pledge" store.

If it becomes a "Ship" store I don't know but I very much doubt anyone will want to actually buy ships at this price without the justification of it funding development and if the ships fall in price there gonna be hella salt from the "investment" crowd as a result.
They left the KickStarter program at around 4 million in 2012 and the money is now controlled solely by CIG and not a 3rd party so they can continue any way they want. CR stated that the game would continue to be funded after launch by the sale of UEC (limited amount per month), concept ships, game packages both starter and advanced, ship skins, and the sale of flair, I can almost guarantee that the in game ship sale events like IAE we see currently will continue after the launch of the game as they bring in a fair amount of money.

Reactions: KuruptU4Fun
Forgot your password?