Excitement levels rising! 3.14 looking better and better!

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
There have been some patches in the past that are just bleh, but a new landing zone is always something exciting!

The biggest difference is that this landing zone has been so close to our initial spawn point of Port Oli for so long! Finally after all these years we get to see some damn clouds and the floating city that Chris insisted exist in this game!

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Gonna take the Millennial Fulcrum down to see where she was born...Maybe get a space whale plushee to hang out with my penguin. The Calling all Devs now has me salivating at that incoming medical gameplay...but it's for 3.15...maybe. Aaaannnnd MOVE those goalposts!

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Orison is a really beaty as far as they've show to us, can't whait for 3.14 to finally be released, and even more for 3.16 for having the "full" implementation of Orison.

But there are more thing to looking for in this patch!
The new HUD will very likely finally give us a compass while in ships, a much much needed feature for exploration and pin point location of interst. Plus from the video it seams that the new hud will finally adjust the brigtness according to the backgound, so hopefully no more un readable data while on froozen moon or having the sun front of you.

Missile operator mode will be and interesting feature to explore and learn and make me wonder: since the enfasis is to promote multy crew ships will be start to see proper 2-seat fighter? I don't mean fighter with a turret on them like the Hurrican or the Gladiator, I mean 2-seat fighter with the co-pilot dedicated to the supporth system, like missiles, capacitors handling redar analisys and so on...
That will provide intersting gameplay for a co-pilot other then pwe-pweing a turret.

And speaking of capacitor that will be a huge change in the fighter gameplay: the shield will be different, the weapons managing will be different, and I'll expect that ship will be dalacend to have a proper flavour according to this system, forcing player to choose the weapons loadout not only basing on damage, but also basing on the ship capacity to "fuel" them ("I'll mount a big weapons that drain my capacitor on 2 shots, or a couple of small one that can fire longer?")

Daak Gelrin

Grand Admiral
Donor
Feb 17, 2020
RSI Handle
Daak
Going to be a lot of things to look at on this one, for sure! Orison will be majestic, hud changes to adapt to, the capacitor game play will cause us all to re-think some things, and of course missile operator mode to explore.

Excitement level approaching critical.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
as a Freelancer MIS owner I have to ask -

what the hell is Missile Operator Mode?

I CBA to look on Spectrum

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
There have been some patches in the past that are just bleh, but a new landing zone is always something exciting!

The biggest difference is that this landing zone has been so close to our initial spawn point of Port Oli for so long! Finally after all these years we get to see some damn clouds and the floating city that Chris insisted exist in this game!
I am measuring time, by the amount of threads on Spectrum asking for wing changes to the Corsair.

Reactions: Gucci

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
as a Freelancer MIS owner I have to ask -

what the hell is Missile Operator Mode?

I CBA to look on Spectrum
To answare you question in a simple way: Missile Operator Mode (MOM... lol), will be the new way to control missile on combat ships.

Right now missile are controller within "normal" HUD display (compared to "scanning mode" and "mining mode"), that makes them "just another weapon". With MOM introduction the missile use will be moved on a separate HUD mode, like scanning and minning, so a pilot will have to shoose beteween controlloling the ship weapons and controlling the missiles, the good thing is that copilot could eventually enter MOM while pilot still using standard HUD and controlling ship weapons.

With the introduction of MOM GIC will also compleately change how missiles work.
First and foremost missiles will now use IFCS system so they'll behave like ship do, with speed, manuvering trusters capacity and in the futture probably control surface for in-atmo flight.
second the firing mechanincs will chage: now you'll lock n° missiles into a target and fire them, with MOM you'll lock into a target, then you have to whait for each missiles to arm, and only them you'll be able to fire.
The good thing is that you are not required to lock into a target, you can dumpfire missile! That will be usefull both for ground target AND for steath attack, since no, lock, means no warning on the receiving end of the missiles.
Oh and you can acttually pre-set how many misiles will be fired like, I espect, the contermesure.

There will be other limitation on the type and number of missile you can fire simultaneusly but I dont' really understand them and is a bit confusing right now.

Thats all we know right now on MOM, there will be a LOT to learn about it as soon as it will be released.

Reactions: maynard

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
As antticipated by several evo patch note leaks CIG is doping a heavy retune and rebalance pas on ALL the aspect related to combat, shield, weapons, HP pool, manuvrability etc.
Here a leak about what to expect in 3.14:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caCm1LYuxBs

Preatty interesting especially on the weapons and shield "archetipe" that are planned

Forgot your password?