explain this to me..

glockjs

Space Marshal
Feb 26, 2015
RSI Handle
glockjs
as a person finally catching up on battlestar and almost done with the second season...why do the cylons have storm trooper aim with superior robot brain? WHY???

Reactions: Bishop

TinMan710

Lieutenant
Dec 17, 2015
RSI Handle
TinMan710
Honestly that was one of those things that always bothered me about Battlestar. I never understood how they could be that BAD at aiming.

Reactions: glockjs

Bishop

Space Marshal
Jul 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Macr0
Why do they bother and go for so much design when other models could have been much more efficient ? (like a sphere)

Why do their Robot Troopers have only two legs and only two hands ?

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
First designs were based on a humanoid design. Maybe that's just what feels natural to them?

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
The troopers were the first ones and were designed by humans to be servants and companions and to feel very human (and do the same tasks). Part of the reason they suck so much is 1: they are very old and run down, with minimal maintenance pretty much used by the new models like the humans used them lol 2: they have been nerfed by the new models to make them more pliable and non sentient to better serve. So they could destroy all humans but they are pretty hamstringed :)

EDIT: I have seen both all the shows movies and specials many many many times XD even caprica!

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
First designs were based on a humanoid design. Maybe that's just what feels natural to them?
Exactly! They want to be human :) they want to be like their parents and show them they are equal. I know they say they are better but they also at times let down that wall to say they just want to be seen as equal XD

glockjs

Space Marshal
Feb 26, 2015
RSI Handle
glockjs
The troopers were the first ones and were designed by humans to be servants and companions and to feel very human (and do the same tasks). Part of the reason they suck so much is 1: they are very old and run down, with minimal maintenance pretty much used by the new models like the humans used them lol 2: they have been nerfed by the new models to make them more pliable and non sentient to better serve. So they could destroy all humans but they are pretty hamstringed :)

EDIT: I have seen both all the shows movies and specials many many many times XD even caprica!
i don't accept the first. run down in a robot run world??? that's an oxy. their whole point is being optimal...

the second kinda make sense except they did such a phenomenal job on the first wave but some how went stupid on the second wave??

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
i don't accept the first. run down in a robot run world??? that's an oxy. their whole point is being optimal...

the second kinda make sense except they did such a phenomenal job on the first wave but some how went stupid on the second wave??
The skin jobs look at them as old antiquated junk and only keep them as menial labor. Its explain in one of the episodes when some of them are arguing about something and one turns an old ones full abilities back on

Forgot your password?