tv34291

Space Marshal
Nov 26, 2013
RSI Handle
Fajita Special
Where you from stranger?
Texas

What drew you to Star Citizen?
Anything that Chris Roberts makes is solid gold in my book. Okay, maybe not the movie...but what can I say? After the letdown of X and Eve, I figured if someone could revive this genre, it was him, so I threw money at him back on 4Nov12. I'm still shocked at how big it has become.

What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)
Exploration. Charting the unknown; in style.

What was the first game you remember playing?
Asteroids in the smoky arcade. They had dozens of them. My dad had to drag a barstool up to them so I could reach the controls.

What other games do you play?
That's a silly question. Do you see my steam hours? I didn't even know until Avid pointed it out to me. I play alot of "indy" games. Quite a bit of GW2. About the only games I don't play are big budget FPS and anything with EA's name on it.

Picard or Kirk?
Not sure this is a fair question. If I must choose between only the two, then Picard. Action without thought is disaster. In truth, I'd really have to say John Crichton. Wrong place; wrong time and he still manages to keep it together.

Reactions: SeungRyul

Flipper

Grand Moff of TEST Squardon
Nov 1, 2013
Welcome to TEST! I'm curious, how did you feel EVE was a let down? Also god dammit now I'm hungry.

tv34291

Space Marshal
Nov 26, 2013
RSI Handle
Fajita Special
I had hoped when I started playing Eve (I don't even know how many years ago it was) that it was going to be more like WC or Star Raiders. After playing it for several months, it felt very robotic. I felt very disconnected from the space I was exploring. The economics were there in Eve, but it just wasn't enough to keep me engaged.

All my toons are named after food at this point. Makes them easy to remember. I usually either pick local Jalisco specials or curries.

Thrashdog

Captain
Nov 26, 2013
RSI Handle
Thrashdog
How do you feel about GW2? I was very into the original back in 2005(!?), but my college buddies dragged me into WoW and I lost track. I tried to get back into it with GW2, but it couldn't really hold my interest.

tv34291

Space Marshal
Nov 26, 2013
RSI Handle
Fajita Special
I started with an asuran engineer in GW2. After the nerf patch, I haven't played him at all. Seems with every patch, they get worse and worse from the notes.

I loved GW1, with the exception of stupid pathing issues with heroes. And GW2 was a refreshing change compared to the other MMOs. It has kept me interested, as I'm a fan of amassing wealth, exploring and collecting stuff. The community on eBay is what keeps me playing, I guess. Bunch of really fun people there.

WoW really upset me as a game. I had just come off of playing FFXI (insane difficulty as compared) and testing FM:O and my workmates convinced me that WoW was such a fun game. What I found was only what I can compare to oatmeal. Sure, it's breakfast and it fills the void, but it is be no means enjoyable. I felt that everything in WoW was very pre-chewed. 40-mans were difficult for a few weeks, until you got the hang of them...but then they were on "farm mode."

I played Tabula Rasa, and enjoyed it alot, but it was plagued by exploits and eventually died. I do have to say that PWI held my interest for a LONG time...gotta love a good grind. Venomancer is a very interesting class...never seen it's like in any other game.

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
Welcome :D

I definitely can associate with how EVE was a let down the first time I played it. I wished to actually fly the damn plane rather than using right click menus everywhere. I grew to love the game but I still feel its missing this extra dimension that SC brings to the table.

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel
Picard or Kirk?
Not sure this is a fair question. If I must choose between only the two, then Picard. Action without thought is disaster. In truth, I'd really have to say John Crichton. Wrong place; wrong time and he still manages to keep it together.
Similarly-minded bro-fist (check out my Introduction). And apologies for the bro-fist, I'm binge-watching How I Met Your Mother for the first time, and Barney Stinson grows on one not unlike a fungus.

What server are you on for GW2? I'm on Tarnished Coast, but taking a break from things to play Enemy Within and a little burnt out on constant Living Story updates. Been playing since Beta Weekend 1.

Anybody here play The Secret World? It's been almost a year since I logged in, but it was fun.

tv34291

Space Marshal
Nov 26, 2013
RSI Handle
Fajita Special
I'm on eBay. We played you guys a few times early on in WvW. We have settled as a nice average server in all regards.

I think the best part about Crichton as a "captain" is that he acted the most like an informal leader more than a give orders type. Plus, he didn't really put on airs. Other than John Crichton, Wizard of Oz.

I tried Secret World. Couldn't really get into it. Played the beta and recently when it went F2P. Interesting idea, but not engaging.

Forgot your password?