Far Cry 5 initial thoughts and Polygon critique (Video)

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
Montoya, same with movies... supposed to be an 'escape from reality'... some call this concept social engineering (one extreme) others call it brain washing (another extreme). If a person is hardwired or predisposed toward a political view (right, center, left)... should they be force fed propaganda from one side or the other? I suspect this is why the movie industry is not what is use to be. That said, I'll play the game. I am sure it is good... I like ubisoft products. Remember the arts (literature, art, movies, and video games) reflect our time, mood, hopes and fears and these "feelings" seem to make their way into our culture but generally through the prism of the creator.

Ganji

Admiral
May 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Ganjieh
I like it so far ( 8 hours played ). Time flies when you play the game, and it is quite fun for the most part.
Only things i did not like was, that corpses despawn when you take big objectives, and cut scene despawns all the loot.
Also enemies and friendlies despawn really fast some times.
But other then that, it's quite fun. Could not care less that micro transactions are in the game, I love to do game content.

Another thing, is flying planes and choppers is quite fun. Also driving cars in 1st person, really is immersive. Sure doing it 3rd person would be easier, but Far Cry kinda makes it more immersive by forcing 1st person view.

Last edited:

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
I like it so far ( 8 hours played ). Time flies when you play the game, and it is quite fun for the most part.
Only things i did not like was, that corpses despawn when you take big objectives, and cut scene despawns all the loot.
Also enemies and friendlies despawn really fast some times.
But other then that, it's quite fun. Could not care less that micro transactions are in the game, I love to do game content.

Another thing, is flying planes and choppers is quite fun. Also driving cars in 1st person, really is immersive. Sure doing it 3rd person would be easier, but Far Cry kinda makes it more immersive by forcing 1st person view.
Planes are bit ridiculous. In a fun way, but still. You need like 3 meters of runway to take off, and if you don't even have that, you can pull back on the stick while ramming into a tree, and that'll get you into the air. The cars are brilliant, though. The handling isn't great, but it manages to feel fine anyways.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Still hate the fact that upon killing the last cult member of a strong hold all the corpses disappear during the unskippable cut scene. Which means I end up having to buy more arrows.
It is funny that once on fire cult members like to give flaming hugs.

I have no clue if i'll ever get around to doing any of the main story lines, been having to much fun on my walkabout. Even if the AI just spawns in on top of you most of the time.

Frad in'Ryth

Vice Admiral
May 25, 2017
RSI Handle
FradinRyth
Still hate the fact that upon killing the last cult member of a strong hold all the corpses disappear during the unskippable cut scene. Which means I end up having to buy more arrows.
It is funny that once on fire cult members like to give flaming hugs.

I have no clue if i'll ever get around to doing any of the main story lines, been having to much fun on my walkabout. Even if the AI just spawns in on top of you most of the time.
That drives me nuts too! I just want my arrows back. I didn't spend all that time sniping with my bow just to lose the arrows!

Reactions: Blind Owl
Forgot your password?