Feeling blah about getting ships

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Ya'll need to get into Discord and have some fun with us. Often users will stream their gameplay so you can just watch for a while. You might even see other options for what you want to do with the ships you have, or participate in someone else's ship as crew. Want to feel like you're accomplishing something? Run missions. Don't like combat? Run delivery missions. Don't feel like directed game play today? Nobody says that's all there is to do. Got limited time? That's OK to. There are activities that can take as little as 20 minutes. You can be the boss of your own gameplay if you want.

Reactions: Bambooza

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
I agree that some people make life hard for them selves. Make a space port your home. There's almost no reason to go to a planet unless you want to.
A large part of the problem is that new players aren't made aware of this, so they'll take off from their selected "home" planet, do whatever activities they want to do, and unless they had landed at a space port\rest stop in their travels, get returned there when they "exit game", leading to their next session starting at their selected "home" and believing that is the only option open to them.

Then there are the people who want thier "home" to be somewhere unique\"special", which leaves them the choice of the 4 starting cities or Grim-Hex, given the space ports and rest stops all have a generic interior feel, with only small changes in the layout or "extras" (Cargo area, refinery, etc.) which have been bolted onto them: They really should at least do something about the space ports orbiting the planets, to bring their interiors to a point somewhere between the current generic station appearance and that of the city of the planet they orbit (if not to match the city's appearance), given these space ports are there to "represent" the planet to visitors whose ships may not be able to male planetfall (loaded Hull C, for example) and need to disembark there and catch a "shuttle" to the surface.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
A large part of the problem is that new players aren't made aware of this, so they'll take off from their selected "home" planet, do whatever activities they want to do, and unless they had landed at a space port\rest stop in their travels, get returned there when they "exit game", leading to their next session starting at their selected "home" and believing that is the only option open to them.

Then there are the people who want thier "home" to be somewhere unique\"special", which leaves them the choice of the 4 starting cities or Grim-Hex, given the space ports and rest stops all have a generic interior feel, with only small changes in the layout or "extras" (Cargo area, refinery, etc.) which have been bolted onto them: They really should at least do something about the space ports orbiting the planets, to bring their interiors to a point somewhere between the current generic station appearance and that of the city of the planet they orbit (if not to match the city's appearance), given these space ports are there to "represent" the planet to visitors whose ships may not be able to male planetfall (loaded Hull C, for example) and need to disembark there and catch a "shuttle" to the surface.
I totally mostly agree :) Especially about the design of the space stations.
It turns' out you can make any station like at any Lagrange point or planetary station your home. All you need to do is go to it's hospital and register., go to the room they assign, go to the kiosk and change your home location That's it. New home somewhere out in space. I do this all the time, and if I die, I end up at that hospital. The only drawback is you have limited(ish) inventory capacity there, and not all ships can spawn there. But nothing stops you from going back to where your ships are stored to do something. Also if you have a cargo ship, you can pack it with the things you might need, and park it at the station. You can do this as wany times as you went.

I do it for convenience. I don'tt want to waste fuel climbing out of a gravity well every time I want to do something. It also comes in handy if you go to say, MIC-L1 to handle an invasion. Risk is you might die and get sent home to like wherever that is. This way, you're right there. No planetary gravity well, save fuel.

That said,, there are things this game needs to make easier to understand - this is one of them. It's also why it's a good idea to get into Discord.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drowez

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
For the longest time, I felt excited about planning and executing additions to my ship collection. However, these past few months, I have felt ambivalent about getting a new ship, a new paint set or emended playing SC. It seems like the game is just more about work than it is being fun.
Anyone else feeling or felt that way? Anyone have a solution to it?

Thanks
Been done with spending money for a year.
If more people stopped spending money CIG might actually be forced to do something they appear to have no interest in doing, release a game.

• o7
Reactions: BUTUZ
Forgot your password?