Finally! (I was able to put the Ursa Rover into the Constellation in 3.5)

Mastersan

Space Marshal
Aug 14, 2017
RSI Handle
Mastersan
So, it finally seems to have been fixed! Now I can put a Rover (with 4 SCU of Beer) into a Connie and go do some "exploration" 🍻

... on the other hand, if I don't put the Rover in, I can put 96 SCU of Beer into the Connie and go do "exploration" without even needing to leave the hangar... 🤣

ScreenShot2932.jpg

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
You don't need to limit yourself to the 96 SCU of cargo. If you pack it tight enough, beer can fill the whole volume of the Connie and there's no danger of it falling over because there'd be no space left to fall into.

Mastersan

Space Marshal
Aug 14, 2017
RSI Handle
Mastersan
ZOMG! Put an Ursa Rover into a Constellation Aquila, landed on Lyria. Got a warning message that it's a restricted zone, like when landing in Area18 or Lorville. Then alarm sounds, then the ship disappeared, as in the ship storage procedure. Exploration on Lyria TESTed! 🤣

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
And now the Connie with the Rover is shown as Stored on Lyria! 🤣

View attachment 12510
If you're lucky, taking it out will have the ursa in the cargo bay.
If you're not, the ursa will spawn below the connie, and trying to move it will result in "Warning, you're obstructing an active flight bay", the rover will despawn and you'll get crime stat. Happened for me a few times, fun times :D

Mastersan

Space Marshal
Aug 14, 2017
RSI Handle
Mastersan
If you're lucky, taking it out will have the ursa in the cargo bay.
If you're not, the ursa will spawn below the connie, and trying to move it will result in "Warning, you're obstructing an active flight bay", the rover will despawn and you'll get crime stat. Happened for me a few times, fun times :D
Well, I'm not sure if I'm lucky or not, but here is my further TESTing update, and I'll leave you to decide 🤣🍻

I was not able to spawn a Connie. The only available function was to claim it. So, I claimed it. In ArcCorp. There was no Rover inside. Since I wan't able to find any place in ArcCorp to spawn a land vehicle, I went to Lorville, landed outside of Gate 4 and ran into the Gate to get the Rover, which has been destroyed, according to the ship console, so I claimed it. Once I've spawned the Rover, the Connie disappeared, not sure if it went into ship storage or just got missing or destroyed. So, I've taken a short Rover excursion to a nearby mountain, but along the way I have realised that I've forgotten the beer. So, I've parked the Rover the TESTie way, and walked to Lorvile to get some beer. Haven't got a Crimestat though. Likely because Hurston Security hasn't seen any issues in the parking style (maybe I was on the edge, see the screenshot below), so hasn't issued me a parking ticket. 🍺

ScreenShot2986.jpg

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I was not able to spawn a Connie. The only available function was to claim it. So, I claimed it. In ArcCorp. There was no Rover inside. Since I wan't able to find any place in ArcCorp to spawn a land vehicle, I went to Lorville, landed outside of Gate 4 and ran into the Gate to get the Rover, which has been destroyed, according to the ship console, so I claimed it. Once I've spawned the Rover, the Connie disappeared, not sure if it went into ship storage or just got missing or destroyed. So, I've taken a short Rover excursion to a nearby mountain, but along the way I have realised that I've forgotten the beer. So, I've parked the Rover the TESTie way, and walked to Lorvile to get some beer. Haven't got a Crimestat though. Likely because Hurston Security hasn't seen any issues in the parking style (maybe I was on the edge, see the screenshot below), so hasn't issued me a parking ticket
No. You parked correctly. You're good there.
Just, you can't spawn a land vehicle and a ship at the same time, if you're alone. I think it works if you're in a party.

Mastersan

Space Marshal
Aug 14, 2017
RSI Handle
Mastersan
No. You parked correctly. You're good there.
Just, you can't spawn a land vehicle and a ship at the same time, if you're alone. I think it works if you're in a party.
Great, I was pretty sure my parking was good.

I was able to spawn both the ship and the land vehicle yesterday. I don't believe it's fair that I'm now not able to spawn these at the same time. Hopefully they will fix it.

Reactions: Bambooza and Vavrik

Mastersan

Space Marshal
Aug 14, 2017
RSI Handle
Mastersan
OK, now the bug with a player being able to spawn only one transport (ship/rover) seems fixed, so I was able to put my rover into my Connie again.

So, after spawning at ArcCorp, and finding out there is nothing to do there due to a massive flood, I TEST'ed some surfing, before heading off to Lorvile.

ScreenShot2989.jpg

Another bug/feature I've noticed is that if you "engage systems" on the rover, this will activate the turret, and when you park your rover in your Connie cargo bay and power if off, the turret will move into it's inactive position on the side of the rover and hit a wall of the cargo bay, which will make the rover turn to about 45 degree angle with wheels on the rim of the cargo bay. So it''s better to check whether your turret is activated or not, and drive the rover into the cargo bay with the turret being inactive. It's activated on the below screenshot.

ScreenShot2999.jpg

Also, if you park your rover backwards, it may be easier to get in while you are in the ship, as there is a little bit more space in the front of the cargo bay due to a small pad in front of the ladder.

ScreenShot3000.jpg

This time I went to Wala to test if the bug with the Ship disappearing is applicable to it, as well as I wanted to explore those areas of green. Wasn't sure what are they growing down there.

ScreenShot3003.jpg

As soon as I've landed, I've hard the alarm, and I've immediately opened the Connie's Cargo bay. Then I've ran to the elevator. When I've barely made it outside, the ship has disappeared, but the rover has already been on the ground. So, the bug seems to still be there.

ScreenShot3016.jpg

Well, apparently this green stuff was some sort of crystals, which were scattered across the surface of Wala, as well as these were visible on the rocks.

ScreenShot3023.jpg

There also was some green/cyan'ish dust. So, not sure if this green stuff is a crystal, an ore and a "dust" at the same time, or those are different. Maybe our TEST Mining Division can tell.

ScreenShot3037.jpg

Another interesting thing on Wala is the gravity, which is pretty low. You could jump high up and long distances. You could also jump on top of large stones and rocks this way. Also, due to the low gravity, Ursa rover could fly if you hit a bump, which feels like a gravlev rover (an idea to the developers).

ScreenShot3058.jpg

The only unfortunate thing, is that there is no bed in Ursa, so when I log in next time, I'll need to to the whole travel to Lorvile and back again.

🍻

Reactions: Bambooza and Vavrik

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
The last time we found a greenish substance on a barren moon, they turned out to be some kind of minty dessert. We never have found out what it was exactly, but there were some popular guesses in a reddit pole, such as Ice Cream, Slushy or Snowcone, Pudding, Milkshake, Hard Mint Chocolate, and Plain Lice.

This stuff on Wala is crystalline though, so we might be looking at a naturally forming rock candy. It isn't mineable.

Forgot your password?