Finally said to hell with my Cutlass and upgraded to a Freelancer!

Schmunkel

Space Marshal
Jul 2, 2014
RSI Handle
schmunkel
With the news of the Freelancer being finally flyable in the new patch, I decided to upgrade the Cutlass today! Just thought I would share. The real question is do I get a Max variant or not in the future?

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
I have 2 freelancers, a DUR and a MIS. I CCUed a Cutlass Blue to a Redeemer the other day because I just couldn't figure out the role it would play in my grand scheme to rule the universe(only for about an hour, then it's time for beer, football and a nap). Fun to fly, but I'm not a pirate and I couldn't dogfight the dang thing.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Serious Table

Admiral
Nov 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Serious_Table
I've pretty well decided that if I'm going to pirate, I need a CAPABLE craft to do it. 4x Size 4 cannons with a turret and missiles sounds pretty intimidating to me...

Nordberg

Grand Admiral
Apr 20, 2014
RSI Handle
nord_berg
i havent written off my cutlass blue yet -- but im damn close to swapping it for a freelancer. I still want to believe the cutlass dream

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I have a Freelancer that I intend to keep until launch. I was thinking of upgrading to either DUR or MAX, but there's no rush since they're permanently available and I'm not really interested in the MIS. I have no idea what I want to do in the PU, career wise, so I might just keep the base Freelancer and work for upgrades in game.

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
You're so wise Cosmic. This is what I'm talking about. Less vacillating and more knowing what you want. I'm so torn. Lol. I'm totally vacillating.
Don't trouble yourself my friend. You are a TESTie and can crew or borrow mine any time.
That's what friends are for.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Don't trouble yourself my friend. You are a TESTie and can crew or borrow mine any time.
That's what friends are for.
Well fine sir, you are gracious indeed. We shall be CityBoppin & BarHoppin in no time. I can't wait to see what your MAX looks like decked out for shenanigans.

I wonder if we'll be able to personalize our ships:
Names painted on hull, shaggy carpet on the roof inside, etc.

marctek

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Marctek
I'm sitting on a MIS upgrade for my Super Hornet. I also have the upgrade to change the MIS back to a Super Hornet if I don't like it as much.

Bigcracker

Space Marshal
Feb 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Bigcracker8789
Welcome to the Freelancer club. Imo the Freelancer MIS is going to be one of the better pirate ships. Those t4 guns, all of those missiles and a little bit of cargo space to take what you need and get out, has a little bit more cargo space than the Reliant.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I've been contemplating a Freelancer MIS to accompany my DURp. I think I'll wait to see how the Freelancer flies. It may be a real fun ship. Pew pew.

NapalmX

Space Marshal
May 16, 2014
RSI Handle
UpUrShaft
I've nothing but MISC in my hangar. My base Freelancer will be my personal transport/office, Hulls for trade and Reliants for close support. Starfarer will be earned in-game. Really impressed w ith the new-look cockpit. Looks like everything will be holographic a la Elite Dangerous

Beauseant

Commander
Jun 30, 2015
RSI Handle
Beauseant
See I've doing my best to stick to my guns. I'm holding on to a Cutlass Blue I just got until the Rework happens which will be a while but they look really nice so far in concept (found on the Cutlass Ship Shape Page). I really want to Bounty Hunt or work for the Advocacy in the PU and I'm hoping it will be a good ship for the job.

That being said I'm really thinking about unmelting my Connie for a Freelancer Max. It might be less capable but it might be a lot easier for a solo Pilot to handle. I'm really kinda torn but I'm going to try to think about it until the big Boxing Day sale where hopefully I can unmelt some ships then rework things where I can still have the LTI on two of my ships whatever they are that I end up with.

Forgot your password?