Finished watching Lost in Space

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I really enjoyed it!

Dr Smith is a really infuriating character, I really could not stand her, which is why I feel it was done so well.

I hate that I have to wait for season 2, but overall I feel Netflix did a really good job.

The characters were not overly deep, but the effects and pace of story telling where on track and kept me binge watching for as long as I could!

I really liked Molly Parker in House of Cards, her character here is not as deep or interesting, but she comes across as a strong, smart aeronautical engineer, which is very sexy because she can fix spaceships!

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Overall, I liked the show as well. Though I felt Dr. Smiths character was somewhat poorly written. I get that the playwrights handbook says there must be a villain, but I found the logic of "I want to survive, therefore everyone else might as well die" a bit lacking. Most of the times when she got people killed or harmed, she simply hindered her own survival imo.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I really enjoyed the first season, that being said I found it just merely ok I would not say it was amazing but it kept my attention enough to binge watch this in a weeks time. I have heard a few comments on Dr Smith, I thought it was well done it takes talent to make people love you and hate you at the same time lol.

Reactions: Ammorn

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
I really enjoyed the first season, that being said I found it just merely ok I would not say it was amazing but it kept my attention enough to binge watch this in a weeks time. I have heard a few comments on Dr Smith, I thought it was well done it takes talent to make people love you and hate you at the same time lol.
I have no complaints over her it's just so hard to gauge what her true goals are she does a little bit of good then she does a little bit of bad but it's like she did the good for another benefit of the bad it's just crazy... just when you think you have it all figured out she throws another bone in the chain.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
I really enjoyed it!

Dr Smith is a really infuriating character, I really could not stand her, which is why I feel it was done so well.

I hate that I have to wait for season 2, but overall I feel Netflix did a really good job.

The characters were not overly deep, but the effects and pace of story telling where on track and kept me binge watching for as long as I could!

I really liked Molly Parker in House of Cards, her character here is not as deep or interesting, but she comes across as a strong, smart aeronautical engineer, which is very sexy because she can fix spaceships!

Yeah I can't stand Dr Smith at all. What a horrible person.

In general it's an interesting take on the story. I'm enjoying it also.

Ninja911

Commander
Apr 23, 2018
RSI Handle
Captain Cricket
I watched it's second iteration with Liam Neason I think....not so good. I watched the campy 60-70's show on Satuday morning when I was a kid....CHRIS ROBERTSON DANGER...It was pretty bad.

Greengiant506

Admiral
Aug 14, 2017
RSI Handle
Greengiant506
I've watched the originals and I loved this new one. As with everyone else however, I found "Dr Smith" the most annoying frustrating person on the planet, not because shes a bad person though, but because I hate that the "villain" has to be played acting somewhat as a desperate crack addict. She makes a lot of smart moves to manipulate but also a lot of dumb ones that most people should have seen right through.

MaxRedacted

Commander
Feb 20, 2018
RSI Handle
MaxRedacted
I just watched ep1 last night so I'm not reading every comment in this thread and probably wont be reading more until I finish it, because spoilers. So far I am really happy with the new Lost in Space and I'm excited to watch more. Between this and the Expanse, I'm loving the sci-fi TV we have right now!

PS. Long Live Firefly! ;)

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
If you love the whole "people on a ship" space opera like Firefly, I can also recommend StarHunter, StarHunter 2300, and Dark Matter.

Looking forward to what they did with Irwin Allen's best. His Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea was good in its time, as was Land of the Giants.

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
Sorry, I just can’t suspend my disbelief on this one. They take along at least one navy seal (John Robinson), to another GALAXY, and he ends up defending his family with a KNIFE against a giant lizard monster? I can’t stop thinking about that

Forgot your password?