First batch of Cyberpunk drama is out!

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
What the actual fuck....reusing the same texture 4 times in one scene. I'm going to go punch a wall. Let me finish watching the video first tho.

EDIT

ok, saw what the controversy was about. People are just looking for something to bitch about. It wasn't used in a malicious way but as a commentary on exploitation. The textures are a bigger deal lol jk
:wut:

Last edited:

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
Blame nvidia, if it wasn't for their ray tracing tech, we would have never noticed it, lol..But seriously, its a game, and adult oriented with teh violence alone. people need to grow up. if images like what is posted bug or trigger you, then don't play.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
So, if a game have dead girls on a table murdered for explanting theys implants or organs is fine (with all the woman murderded nowaday and the teen killed for traffic organs in the east) but if you put a transgender on an advertise this is offensive??? Are you kidding???
If you have a gang killing teenagers for organ you can (I hope for...) identify them as the bad guys so shooting them if fine... why you can't accept an advertise done by a transgender, is like Valentino (the stylist) that is actual a declared homosexsual has to hide himself... or Dolce&Gabbana or the brother Wachowski should never be allow to produe the Matrix trilogy...

I'm the first to say that that advertisemnt is unuusual, but judging by the reaction that pixel art have triggered I assume that the problem is not in the advertisment, but in the head of people.
We are always talking about gender parity and thhat "sexual orientationl"doesn't matter... but if this is enough to couse this shitting then people are very hypocritical and bigot on their ideas...

Phantomoftruth

Space Marshal
Feb 14, 2016
RSI Handle
PhantomofTruth
The babies up in arms over baby arms have never really given thought to the Transhumanism in the Cyberpunk genre. Once you hit the point where your body does not define 'you' and replacing limbs, or full bodies, with metal and plastic, what dangles, or not, means so much less to the person making those changes.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Once you hit the point where your body does not define 'you' and replacing limbs, or full bodies, with metal and plastic, what dangles, or not, means so much less to the person making those changes.
There is some unexpected wisdom in the late hours.

Its true, in a future where any part of your body can be modified or replaced, nobody cares about what you do with it.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
I'm perfectly fine with this. It's all about context. What's wrong with a penis or two (Cybernetics? Why not?) on some chick. The year is 2077 nothing is out of the question if you have the money. I would think nobody in this world gives a shit anymore. Whether it be LGBT/Gender/Race issues or whatever. Honestly, It would make more sense that in this setting; the friction between different groups would come from the haves and the have nots...the cybernetic modified, the over the top modified (ie the Maelstroms), and the 'We hate all cybernetics' (The Inquisitors). Friction and plain old hatred between those groups would make more sense.

I'm really tired of the 'Gamergate' losers and their manufactured outrage. On the flip side I'm also annoyed at Identity groups that whine of misrepresentation or under-representation. Basically people need to chill the fuck down and let the devs finish the games.

I'm pissed at the texture reusing though. The devs better sort that out or I'm not buying. Literally unplayable.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
let's see, "beautiful" and "sexy" people are used in advertisements for selling all sorts of products today. In fact, it's rare that you see an "ugly" person being featured on an advertising campaign. It makes sense that if a trans person would be considered beautiful or sexy...now or in the future...they would have an opportunity to become a model for advertisements if that's what they choose. It's not the gender that matters, only that they look good and well represent the product they are advertising.

If your target audience for a product are men or those who identify as men...say, a men's clothing line, you are probably going to use a handsome person dressed up in that clothing. If it's a business suit, it will probably be set in a professional environment, etc. If it's outdoor clothing, it will probably be set in a woodsy location, and it will probably feature a dog as well. Again, the model could be trans or cis, but so long as the target audience can identify with them, and think...dang, I would look good in that outfit too, then does it really matter?

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
[rant]

What I want to know, is how did we end up here? How did certain groups find a way to turn perceived offense into actionable transgression? I thought people wanted more awareness of transgender? Now simply using an image of transgender person in a fictional world is offensive? I can't keep up. In my world, I can be called every foul name known to man, spit on, kicked, punched, slapped, and generally degraded or insulted in every way possible. It won't be an actionable crime. In fact, chances are the initial thought will be that I did something to deserve that treatment.

Even worse, EVERY movement and EVERY social injustice uses those like me as the punchline and seeks to find fault in every possible thing I do. It's like there is someone always standing just around the corner waiting to jump out and say "HA! I caught you being insensitive!". It's like every conversation is littered with landmines. One single wrong word can literally cause a change in my career. Even the implication that I might have had a bad or intolerant thought is actionable and can change my life.

I suppose it doesn't matter how we got here. The point is that we are. I just hope that we are strong enough to stand our ground as humans and keep doing what is right and good. Because despite what some would say, when I open a door for someone, it is done out of kindness and not because I perceived that person as weak. When I respond with "Yes maam", it is said with respect and not out of some patriarchal need to force gender norms on people. When I got a raise at work it wasn't because I have a penis and conform to societies unreasonable expectations. It was because I worked harder, faster, and smarter than my co-workers.

The part that makes me a really bad person though, is that I have ZERO intention of changing. It's not going to happen. I will keep opening doors for people. I will keep being polite. I will keep being respectful of those around me and will not change that to make that 1/1000 person happy. I would much rather be a good person to 999/1000 than to change everything because that last person thinks they can find some way of squeezing something offensive out of my daily interactions. I'm not saying that person doesn't matter, or matters less. It's just that I'm not going to spend any portion of my life trying to keep from offending someone that is actively trying to find offenses in everything around them.

[/rant]

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
The babies up in arms over baby arms have never really given thought to the Transhumanism in the Cyberpunk genre. Once you hit the point where your body does not define 'you' and replacing limbs, or full bodies, with metal and plastic, what dangles, or not, means so much less to the person making those changes.
Hmm actually, considering the implant option on the original CP2020. that babyarm could actually be an implant...
Love the ols RPG when there was less "politically correct" and PEGI thing to ruin games...

Forgot your password?