First rollout of anti-cheat for Star Citizen

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Today (5 October, 2021) CIG has announced that in 3.15.1, the first version of anti-cheat software is being deployed, which may impact your ability to use a custom mod on SC.

The full announcement is here: Anti-Cheat announcement on Spectrum

Highlights:
Preventing the use of potentially harmful software (including cheats) in our game remains one of our critical objectives for creating a fun and fair multiplayer experience for everyone to enjoy. As a result, you may encounter an error message that will either kick you from the game, or prevent the game from launching due to the detection of unauthorized changes in your game files.

While you may encounter these mods not working with 3.15.1, we are already exploring what a "Mod Approval Program" might look like, which could allow mods to be whitelisted after an extensive compatibility and security check from our side.

Lastly, it's important to note that this is our first proper implementation of anti-cheat, which means there may be edge cases/issues, and the service will become more robust over time -

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Yes I am excited... the princess is now her prince's problem. The next one (also a girl) asked today if it was OK if she just eloped. I said, "Yes. Both me and my bank account think that's a fabulous idea"
Enjoy!

My wife and I got married for 3 grand. Our friends who had married several years before us and who had taken out a "Wedding loan" for 16 grand and then spent on top of that too, informed us they had finished paying off their wedding a few days before our big day.

Yes, ours wasn't extravagant and theirs was, to be frank, incredible - however we did later ask if they were to do it again how much would they put their budget at, and they said "Oooh, I don't know... about 3 grand" 😄

EDIT - Oh, and Anti-Cheat exclusion of 3rd party cheatware is a great addition to the game!

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
For the most part, I'm fine with anti-cheat software, but on some occassions in other games, that has prevented me from staying logged into the game for more than a few min even when I wasn't running anything other than the game, my OS & a standard anti-virus program in the background. I don't trust any game nor software that demands that you have to disable your antivirus in order to use it.

Forgot your password?