first ti[m]e posting, a little shy

Corusca

Ensign
Mar 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Corusca
Where you from stranger?

Earth, at least I am pretty sure. My mother swears she delivered me even though she was having a lot of twilight sleep. I'm not completely convinced.

What drew you to Star Citizen?

I like to throw money away at vaporware (SHOTSFIRED) but seriously I like space so much I wish I could live there away from all you terrible people, and even though I am the worst pilot in the history of pilots, that doesn't seem to bother me.

What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)

Typically this is where I say PvP instantly, but I'm so bad at flying that I might end up playing this game more like a coward. Right now I'm leaning heavily towards an emphasis on Star Marine and outlaw gameplay, but that could change depending on how the PU looks when it launches.

What was the first game you remember playing?

Oh man, remember? I guess I'd have to say something like Super Mario Bros 2 for the game boy? The first game I have solid memories of is Mortal Kombat for the Sega Genesis, and the first online game I really remember playing was Rainbow Six, or maybe Diablo.

What other games do you play?

Too many. I got infected by the MMO disease after my days in early WoW, but I recognize that it'll probably be a while before a single game captures my imagine that much again, so right now I play a mix of a bunch. Eve Online, Elite: Dangerous, ESO now that there's no subscription, TSW a little bit, and of course the occasional game on Steam for a few weeks.

Picard or Kirk?

I think that purely in terms of overall positive impact to his field, I'd lean Kirk. Picard was a fantastic starship captain, and a world class diplomat, but when it comes to the hijinks Kirk got up to that were core to the central machinations of the quadrants, I think he has him beat. He may not have always made the best call, something you can't say as much about Picard, but he was a pioneer of early deep space exploration and laid the groundwork for crews like Picard's to do what they do on a more massive scale. Plus, Picard has got his dealings with the Borg and Wolf 359 going against him. The damage that did, not only in loss of starships and souls, but to the image of the Federation and their role throughout their sector of space, had ramifications throughout all the other Trek series. Not to mention that the whole thing was in part the product of Picard's stubbornness in his dealings with Q, who while always the instigator, usually only ended up being egged on by Jean-Luc's idealism and unwillingness to compromise his values even to protect his crew.

That being said, if given the choice I'd probably rather serve under Picard, if for no other reason than because I'd probably have a much better chance of coming back from my tour in one piece. Picard certainly had a much better track record with regards to the safety of his crew, although that could have just been a reflection of a much more peaceful galaxy than the wild west era of Jim Kirk. Unless we're fighting Romulans, Picard sucks at dealing with Romulans.

Is that sufficient?

Reactions: WarrenPeace

Zaraphandox

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Zaraphandox
Welcome to TEST! Horrible piloting is what we do!
Jokes aside, I'm sure if you play with us a bit you'll get a lot better!

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Wow. That was a really insightful, well-reasoned approach to the Kirk v. Picard question. Are you really sure you want join us? Too late, welcome to TEST!

Reactions: Zaraphandox

Zaraphandox

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Zaraphandox
Like Chairman Meow said, most of us were shy. Now everyones pretty open and slightly insane. Took me a few months before I even did my member introduction.

RipVanDan

Space Marshal
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
RipVanDan
Welcome to TEST! Best Kirk Picard answer I have seen. I accept your challenge for being worst pilot, the duel shall commence once my pc will actually run the game.

Forgot your password?