Fleet List

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel
You are not going to get a response from everybody in TEST, not everybody checks the forums while there is no game to play.

The org system on RSI has a Fleet section which will come online soon, we will have a ship count soon enough.
I also, on principle, refuse to respond to these polls if they're not run and controlled by an officer of the Organization. I don't like someone I don't know maintaining a spreadsheet with my name and ship count on it. If RSI publishes that information, it's another story.

That's nothing against the OP, I'm just not one to ever respond to an unofficial poll that's seeking official-level info.

Last edited:

sdair

Space Marshal
Apr 13, 2014
RSI Handle
sdair
@starkestrel I guess its fair enough, I don't mean any ill will, I just wanted to do something for the community which was of use and this is the first thing I thought of since nobody else seemed to have done anything about it. I mean I could hand it over to an official if you really want, and any of them are actually willing, but yeah as Montoya said, its probably just pointless to do this anyway.

@Azurith oops, sorry ill add them in a sec

Last edited:

sdair

Space Marshal
Apr 13, 2014
RSI Handle
sdair
0.08333 Dozen Auroras
0.99996 i think you must have lost youre seat or something :p

also what type of aurora?

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz
My current hangar:

-Aurora LN

I used to own a Connie, but I was poor at the time so I sold credits for quick cash

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel
@starkestrel I guess its fair enough, I don't mean any ill will, I just wanted to do something for the community which was of use and this is the first thing I thought of since nobody else seemed to have done anything about it. I mean I could hand it over to an official if you really want, and any of them are actually willing, but yeah as Montoya said, its probably just pointless to do this anyway.
I applaud you for wanting to contribute something to the Squadron and for taking the initiative to do something. Inside of that, I would caution you to not make assumptions about what's been done in the months previous to your arrival. Both Redd Faction and Test Squadron have run Fleet Surveys before. You not seeing one displayed prominently on the forums isn't because no one's thought to do one before, it's because a Fleet Survey is:

a) ultimately of limited utility, because as Montoya pointed out, one pilot with 5 ships is still just one active ship
b) any poll run is not going to be authoritative due to non-participation and inaccuracy of reporting
c) a definitive fleet list is intended to be provided by RSI, within the Organization system

That said, a Fleet Survey is fun and interesting, and leads to conversation and everyone getting to know each other. So, that's cool. No harm done.

~*~

I'm persisting in discussing this because we've a ton of new folks and many of them like you are excited to be here and want to make a contribution. That's awesome, and I have no interest in squelching it. I just hate seeing "wasted" energy because you might lack historical knowledge and are making assumptions about what would be of use to the broader community. The leadership here isn't one that needs to be in charge of everything, and democratic initiatives are quite welcome from what I've seen, but we're going to work better as a group if we harness our efforts in alignment with stated goals.

Montoya/Seung, we might need another person in Flipper-like shoes with our influx of new TESTies, so that all of this enthusiasm for the game gets channeled in ways that move the Squadron forward.

Then again, it's still early days, so maybe I'm just being an organizational hardass.

Reactions: Tyronne

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
Montoya/Seung, we might need another person in Flipper-like shoes with our influx of new TESTies, so that all of this enthusiasm for the game gets channeled in ways that move the Squadron forward.

Then again, it's still early days, so maybe I'm just being an organizational hardass.
Its both :P <3

Seriously, what we need is for Montoya and Seung to go hunt down Flipper and get him back full time :D

Reactions: Dank Commander

sdair

Space Marshal
Apr 13, 2014
RSI Handle
sdair
I applaud you for wanting to contribute something to the Squadron and for taking the initiative to do something. Inside of that, I would caution you to not make assumptions about what's been done in the months previous to your arrival. Both Redd Faction and Test Squadron have run Fleet Surveys before. You not seeing one displayed prominently on the forums isn't because no one's thought to do one before, it's because a Fleet Survey is:

a) ultimately of limited utility, because as Montoya pointed out, one pilot with 5 ships is still just one active ship
b) any poll run is not going to be authoritative due to non-participation and inaccuracy of reporting
c) a definitive fleet list is intended to be provided by RSI, within the Organization system

That said, a Fleet Survey is fun and interesting, and leads to conversation and everyone getting to know each other. So, that's cool. No harm done.

~*~

I'm persisting in discussing this because we've a ton of new folks and many of them like you are excited to be here and want to make a contribution. That's awesome, and I have no interest in squelching it. I just hate seeing "wasted" energy because you might lack historical knowledge and are making assumptions about what would be of use to the broader community. The leadership here isn't one that needs to be in charge of everything, and democratic initiatives are quite welcome from what I've seen, but we're going to work better as a group if we harness our efforts in alignment with stated goals.

Well that's one big quote :p

and ok I get why you are against it, and sorry i just didnt see any other stuff posted :s

and sure if youre in need of someone to help id be glad to help.

Forgot your password?