'Fleeting' Glance

Gucci

Space Marshal
Nov 17, 2015
RSI Handle
Ras-al-Ghul
With today's prowler discount, im now officially done spending any more money on this game (until a really nice medium explorer/salvager comes out maybe?)

The Nautilus ive wanted for a while, I realized a few months ago its basically a drone carrier from EVE...releasing 24 of those little 2x size 2 weapon drones out against fighters will be glorious. Its also a damn tank...

Capture.PNG

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
And then you can leverage your org-mates too! For example, my fleet has very little overlap with yours as I'm more combat/exploration focused, but together we REALLY have everything covered! I can help you mine in your Mole when I need a break from exploring, and you can help shoot torps from my Polaris when you need a break from hauling!View attachment 23823
Wen people make these images, are they of what is in your hanger only or what is also in your buy back?

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
Indeed, i'm trying to avoid buying anything that cannot operate without multicrew...that way I can do my own thing, but at the same time, stop what i'm doing if something's going down and we need extra monkeys to fling torps or jump on a turret somewhere.
Same. I can't wait until the call goes out for some major event and it's just even something as simple as being the monkey pushing the button operating a turret in some huge battle.

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
And then you can leverage your org-mates too! For example, my fleet has very little overlap with yours as I'm more combat/exploration focused, but together we REALLY have everything covered! I can help you mine in your Mole when I need a break from exploring, and you can help shoot torps from my Polaris when you need a break from hauling!View attachment 23823
OMG you own PORT OLISAR!..

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
Very nice fleet!
Just to poke you a bit for fun, do you think there's slight overlap in having both the c2 and Taurus? (I realize the Taurus is more daily driver friendly for sure, but you have that Corsair for that!).

Melting the Taurus would mean you can up the C2 to an Hull D, M2, maybe Orion if you dont care too much about one of the other small ships? The Orion will only appreciate lol.

Just my 2 cents! <3 <3 <3
There is reason for it, I can use the Taurus for some reasonable freight jobs, When I am actively mining, and picking up from the refinery, I can leave the Taurus there in the hanger and just keep loading it..when it's full, fly off and cash in....and it actually looks good with the orange skin.

I still have nine 315P--->NOMAD Warbond CCU's so I can save them for when needed and still get LTI (they cost me $5 ea two years back). The Orion is on my backlog of ships to pick up, but after this years IAE and fleet shake up, i'm doing my best to restrict myself to not having concept ships. As useful ships eventually get released, I can look at the ship, my fleet and see if I should upgrade, downgrade or move sideways with a potential purchase.

Reactions: Gucci and Garonman

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
Same. I can't wait until the call goes out for some major event and it's just even something as simple as being the monkey pushing the button operating a turret in some huge battle.
That's the spirit!

• Glorious
Reactions: Garonman

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
With today's prowler discount, im now officially done spending any more money on this game (until a really nice medium explorer/salvager comes out maybe?)

The Nautilus ive wanted for a while, I realized a few months ago its basically a drone carrier from EVE...releasing 24 of those little 2x size 2 weapon drones out against fighters will be glorious. Its also a damn tank...

View attachment 23832
I can't look at that picture and your profile pic..without hearing his voice...

"mmmm...some muscly armed ships right there..strong and handsome....I need some help in my basement.." hahahaha

• Love
Reactions: Gucci and Garonman

Leofev

Commander
Nov 29, 2022
RSI Handle
LemmingOfEvil
I still have some concept ships in my fleet, but I'm refusing to put any more fresh money into the game until we get some delivery on ship backlogs, gameplay loops, and functional modularity.

As it is, I've been using store credit and shuffling some ships through melting/unmelting to build a somewhat large but robust fleet that covers most gameplay loops, so much so that I think I don't even need to buy anything more.

Indigo Bat

Captain
Aug 29, 2021
RSI Handle
IndigoBat
I'm still trying to find out what playstyle I like the best, right now the only thing I'm sure of is that I want to add a Prospector to my hanger. I have a good spread of smaller and medium ships, and two honking big bois already (and I'm sorely tempted by the Galaxy) but my early and mid game lacks somewhat. I recently turned my Taurus into a Corsair since they have the same cargo capacity but the Corsair has way more guns on it, and I turned my 'Deemer into the BIS pack so I finally have a Carrack.

Also I have way too many Pisces.

fleetview (1).jpg

Reactions: Gucci and Leofev

Leofev

Commander
Nov 29, 2022
RSI Handle
LemmingOfEvil
I'm starting to feel left out with all the fleet pics. I'm too lazy to resize. Sorry. Here's how I stand for the most part after this IAE.

myfleet.jpg

Unfortunately, the only Pisces I have is the one that comes stock with the Carrack.

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
Ah I did it. Old dog can learn new tricks.

Many more in buy backs, some of them the bigger boys, I will be digging out but as they are years away they aren't in my hangar for now.
fleetpic.png

Reactions: StdDev

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
Here's how I stand for the most part after this IAE.
I notice you've got a Warden in there, so let me pick your brain. I keep telling myself it makes more sense to have a Warden in the hangar and sit on a Sentinel CCU for it, but somehow I keep ending up with a Sentinel in my hanger instead because I SWEAR it just flies better! Any opinions you can share that might entice me to try and go back to my original plan?

Reactions: Leofev

Leofev

Commander
Nov 29, 2022
RSI Handle
LemmingOfEvil
I notice you've got a Warden in there, so let me pick your brain. I keep telling myself it makes more sense to have a Warden in the hangar and sit on a Sentinel CCU for it, but somehow I keep ending up with a Sentinel in my hanger instead because I SWEAR it just flies better! Any opinions you can share that might entice me to try and go back to my original plan?
What isn't pictured there in my fleet are my Sentinel / Harbinger BUK's. Soooo..... basically I got all 3 in one. Damn you Hoplite and your miniscule frame changes that supposedly don't fit the other Vanguards.

• o7
Reactions: Dirtbag_Leader
Forgot your password?