Jan 18, 2015
RSI Handle
darjanator

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Just being honest, if the first minute of your vid says "this is shit and we don't respect your time" then you should not expect anyone to get past that first minute. I made it 47 seconds before I started to write this testy note, complaining that you are sucking my time like a f8cking vampire. Then I thought, "no, give them another chance" and went back.

2 minutes 30 seconds in, you still haven't said a f8cking thing worth my time. I can't watch any further.

It's a shame if you had something useful to say. Consider better packaging that from the start, respects your audience. There are no forms of media that are successful, where you do not respect your audience.

Reactions: darjanator

darjanator

TEST Master Brewer
Jan 18, 2015
RSI Handle
darjanator
You know, we used to be all business, no pleasure, but that felt too much like a chore and not having fun with what we were doing, so we decided to change things up (as we do quite often), add more levity, be more personable.

If you want instant gratification, you can check out many other Star Citizen shows out there, but we're comfortable with the format we've landed on in the 5 years since starting the show and this is how we'll remain.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
You obviously have no training in journalism, so you get a pass this once. Learn to respect your audience, or you will have no audience. Time is precious. Stop clowning around like a pair of children with no adult responsibilities and deliver real value to your viewers, or you will have no viewers.

It's not about "instant gratification". If you have a 12 minute vid, and you want people to watch it rather than play SC for 12 minutes, then you have to provide real value for that time, otherwise your audience won't be back. Clowning for a few seconds is fine. Clowning for 150 seconds is disrespectful of your audience.

Last edited:

Myre

Pit Crew
Staff member
Feb 12, 2015
RSI Handle
Myre
You obviously have no training in journalism, so you get a pass this once. Learn to respect your audience, or you will have no audience. Time is precious. Stop clowning around like a pair of children with no adult responsibilities and deliver real value to your viewers, or you will have no viewers.

It's not about "instant gratification". If you have a 12 minute vid, and you want people to watch it rather than play SC for 12 minutes, then you have to provide real value for that time, otherwise your audience won't be back. Clowning for a few seconds is fine. Clowning for 150 seconds is disrespectful of your audience.
Yup, not our best work especially if you haven't seen any of our previous episodes so I'm sorry that this had to be the episode that introduced you to the show.

A little background on *why* it was so bad and as a result why we left it in:

We run these shows live on Twitch.tv and then edit them for Youtube; usually we simply start with a cold open after addressing our live viewers and then go straight into the podcast. What happened in this episode is that we tried to streamline the process of using intro stingers into the broadcasting software instead of just having Darjanator do it in post (to add a little *pizzaz* for the live audience). Sadly that didn't go according to plan (yay, new tech!) and the stinger kept getting triggered awkwardly, for example during the sync clap. Given the novelty of our "literal worst intro ever", we thought it would be funny to leave it in however upon watching it myself after your remarks, without the context of the previous introductions and the live chat's reaction, it really does look like two bumbling idiots wasting time and for that I apologize that you felt so strongly that way. Perhaps next time we'll add such things at the end as bloopers for people who manage to get through it all!.

Should you wish to give it another shot (and hey I wouldn't blame you if you didn't!), the main portion of the podcast begins at around the 7 minute mark (...you may have a point!) after our recap of the last episode which featured a particularly interesting guest. We discuss the latest ATV feature of the Idris and what it means to us as backers of the game (we are not journalists nor do we claim to be, this is simply a talk-show between friends).

Thank you for your constructive criticism!

Forgot your password?