Forza Horizon 3

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
Forza on a PC?! YES!

Microsoft Games Studios announced many in-house games will be made "play anywhere" where if you buy for XBOX One, you can play on Windows 10 PCs.

Not having an XBOX One, I jumped at the chance to play a Forza game on PC.

Of course I also played the free Forza Apex on Win10, althought a very limited version of Forza 6, it's been a great experience.

I decided to pre-order the FH3 Ultimate edition, which opens its doors today. (27th for "regular" editions)

Anyone else plays?

I really can't wait to get home to play today.

my Gamer Tag is ZeeXS

feel free to add me! (on XBOX One or Win10, as apparently it's cross-play compatible!)

Reactions: Dalarast

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Horizons aint Forza :|

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
Yes it is, it's in the name!

Of course I mean it's not the hardcore Forza #, but it's still a very fun game to play

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Forza on a PC?! YES!

my Gamer Tag is ZeeXS

feel free to add me! (on XBOX One or Win10, as apparently it's cross-play compatible!)
Also picked up the ultimate edition on Amazon. Was always a console gamer for forza but have it on both the Xbox and now the PC is great. As I explained to house hold 6 (wife) I can start on the couch and move over to the pc if she wants to watch the voice.... It's win win.

Username is Dalarast1. If you see my avatar he's normally the guy drifting and crashing....

Horizons aint Forza :|
I couldn't agree more. This is the first Horizon game I have ever used real money on. I tried the crew and need for speed... And both were lacking any comparison to forza motorsports. But this horizon sold me on the demo with the sound quality, the PC anywhere, and the simple dumbness of the arcade action. I still have my Forza 6 disc ready for action too.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
image.jpeg

Even Test cars get thirsty for beer...

Then I got this sweet buggy for conquering the outback....
image.jpeg

And realized the American in me couldn't handle the outback without the blooming onion...

image.jpeg

(All pictures I take I label Test Squadron. I recommend everyone so the same to help spread the brand)

Last edited:

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
I can't seem to get a clear shot in the Photo Mode.

Am I missing something? Would it be because I'm running my graphics in Medium/High? (need a better GPU ... but short on cash atm)

like it's not focused well.

Even static photos are a bit blurry. Can't see the details:

(I just noticed the framerates get captured... WTF Forza?! Can't you filter that out?!)

It's such a clunky Photo Mode compared to all the others I've used (GT5, GT6, Driveclub, even Forza Apex was better)

edit:

update after surfing a bit.

Apparently it's a problem with the PC version of the game, and I'm not alone. The Photo Mode is just bad, and seems to be upscaled. A lot of the guys are taking HUD-less screen captures instead, and they look much better.

I'll try after I get home.

Last edited:

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
My photos were from the Xbox; but I heard the PC has a few issues and just installed it on Saturday but have yet to test it out.

I personally want to see how my HOTAS works as a controller in place of a steering wheel :)

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
ok... so... every time Photo Mode is engaged, it's blurry. No matter if I process using it or not. According to others, it's upscaling from 720p... wtf?! Why can't they just use the exact same system from Apex? That works really well!

The only way to get non-blurry photos is to use Drone mode and remove HUD and take a screenshot. Kinda like how DriveClub does it actually... it has the "remove UI" button instead of "capture" and there's a "processing" progress bar as it's rendering in real time so you know when it's ready. Then it'll just use the PS4's in-game capture option to take the photo. It turns out really great, and you get what you see.

GT5/6 took a while to process behind the scenes and sometimes you get an end result not expected from your framing (because of shutter speed, camera tracking options, etc)

The Drone... works... it's just there's no filters or any other adjustments, and your car HAS to be stationary. which kinda sucks.

I hope Turn10 fixes this ASAP. It's one of the features in any driving game that I use the most! (other than the driving of course)

Last edited:

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
I joined the /r/ForzaCruises club so I didn't bother with a test club, but I did make a TEST logo vinyl
upload_2016-9-29_19-10-45.png

Took me way too long.

I've shared it as TEST SQURDON.
You can probably find it easier by using my GT: ZeeXS

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
I noticed I mispelled it on the post...

TEST SQUARDON (forgot the A... typical)
the order of the letters is correct.

You can also search by my GT: ZeeXS ... probably.

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
YES!

They fixed the Photo Mode on PC!!!

At last! Clear photos!!!

(I need to remember to remove my FPS counter...)

Last edited:

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
TEST VOLVO BEST VOLVO

Water Testing

Crash Testing

Flip Testing

(Livery is shared if anyone would want something horrible like that)

well Gamertag is ZeeXS, I only got a few so it's probably easy to find it that way.

Last edited:

Doc Shaftoe

Space Marshal
Nov 29, 2014
RSI Handle
DocShaftoe
I play on occasion. Doc Shaftoe. Because I'm original. I'll add you guys though. Hit me up if I'm ever on. I'm always down to clown.

Forgot your password?