FPS Group Up/Not so serious squad

Pander

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
Pander22
So I posted this a while ago (2 years actually) about a squad of not so serious type of guys who want to play some FPS games with a group that still want to win.
(feel free to move this if ive posted in the wrong place i dont know where anything is anymore)

Basically instead of learning how to sweep and clear we would have some basic call outs and a less serious environment while just shooting pretty much everything!

So basic call outs is something i would take a first draft at then we workshop it from there, I played a tonne of speedball (Paintball game google it its super fun!)
coached two teams and played for another team all with podium finished 1st to 3rd so have experience leading a group of mates (this is more the "who is this guy and why should I listen to him" folk)

I've been work shopping builds and ideas for squads and have a rough idea on how I would like to format it

If your interested leave a comment or a like i think if we got around 10 guys ill put stuff down onto paper for callouts and organise a group meet on either star marine or in verse think of it as competitive overwatch standards everyone knows when you say zarya no personnel

We just wanna blow stuff up in space

EDIT - This will be a non milsim environment this is all about having a bit of unity and fun nothing else

Last edited:
Reactions: sum1 and Sraika

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
Roadmap: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/1-Star-Citizen
If you look at the roadmap we will start to get the tools needed for base real FPS in 3.5. and it will take until 3.8 to get some of the true FPS stuff that is needed. Right now there is not enough to make a good, or lasting FPS gameplay loop. in 3.6 we are getting weapon attachments, 3.7 close combat, and 3.8 combat behaviors (AI) v2. along with a lot of other things, I would recommend waiting for a patch or two before starting otherwise there is not enough to hold a group together. I would say playing in other FPS groups would be a good way to get interested people to join. R6S, Destiny 2 are my FPS's of choice right now as I wait for SC FPS to come online.

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
i am tentatively interested, but im not a huge fan of star marine at the moment
now, as far as other games go, if you're ever playing insurgency/day of infamy/sandstorm, hit me up
i am terrible at R6S but willing to reinstall it if you guys feel like carrying me around :p

Reactions: Kiladyn

Pander

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
Pander22
Roadmap: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/1-Star-Citizen
If you look at the roadmap we will start to get the tools needed for base real FPS in 3.5. and it will take until 3.8 to get some of the true FPS stuff that is needed. Right now there is not enough to make a good, or lasting FPS gameplay loop. in 3.6 we are getting weapon attachments, 3.7 close combat, and 3.8 combat behaviors (AI) v2. along with a lot of other things, I would recommend waiting for a patch or two before starting otherwise there is not enough to hold a group together. I would say playing in other FPS groups would be a good way to get interested people to join. R6S, Destiny 2 are my FPS's of choice right now as I wait for SC FPS to come online.

Yeah right now its more just getting the group together and mucking about with things, star citizen janky as it is kinda gets us that 3D Movement that might happen that is hard to imitate with other games we don't need it to be a hardcore shooter anyway just something that kinda works and can have a bit of fun is all wee need, plus walking the field is something we do often in paintball that will apply to ships we might board etc

i am tentatively interested, but im not a huge fan of star marine at the moment
Same its so janky and will most likely be doing it in the verse, the last time i ran a fps meet up we did flybys of the security station where we all bailed out of a cutlass as the pilot slowed enough kinda like space paratroopers we then drifted onto the station landed, after that we tried again getting closer and closer to the station it was brilliant fun

People disconnected, people died by accident, people broke their legs then bled out and we killed each other but its some of the most fun i have had in a game and that is all we are really looking for.
I was going to continue that but my cpu died on my comp and took awhile to get up and running then overwatch came out haha

So yeah nothing to serious just having fun and doing stupid things where we can

Reactions: Sraika

Pander

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
Pander22
As someone who has played a stack of Milsim ARMA I echo Sum1’s point of view.

Just to clarify as I'm a bit confused what exactly do we need?
This is a less serious group of folk I'm trying to get going that is for the folk who don't want to milsim who just want to have fun and play some fps games

3.6 - weapon attachments
3.7 - close combat
3.8 - combat behaviors

Some fps games out there don't have any of these items and are still fun

What I'm looking for is a group of players who want to have fun play some fps games in a non milsim enviroment?

Haminator

Rear Admiral
Sep 15, 2018
RSI Handle
Haminator
Sign me up. I'll be the one running back and forth shooting straight up but I'll sure be distracting. I'm looking to play with more poeple

Reactions: Pander

Pander

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
Pander22
Sign me up. I'll be the one running back and forth shooting straight up but I'll sure be distracting. I'm looking to play with more poeple

In space enemies can come from any angle your four steps ahead of them already!

Forgot your password?