Friday, 15th of April: PAX East Sale (fighter sale i.e. Super Hornet) + free flight week until 25th

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
According to "Around the Verse 2.27" from today, upcoming Friday will start a new free flight session PLUS a sale wherein the Super Hornet will be available to buy (i.a.)

Source:

(and anyone, who clicked on the "Bennys April Fool Joke" buy button will receive a 5 Dollar UEC coupon via email as far as I understood).

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Interesting. I cannot watch the clip, as data usage/video is horrendous at my location on my phone. But this tickles my little brain. I rented a SH to test before I left. Trying to decide what combat ship I want. Never got time to play it though. Still trying to decide whether I want the SH, Sabre, or Warden. Sigh. Adulting is hard.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Its said at 5:12 within the vid report, some kind of "small sale" - as a German I do not fully understand if they are talking about a "tax sale", "pax sale", ...?
I never thought about buying a Super Hornet - but it could be an interesting alternative to between Avenger and Sabre, hm...

[edit] btw. its Friday the 15th - could any administrator correct the headline, please...?
[edit2]...or did they mean by "next Friday" not tomorrow but the Friday next week? Hm...we will see.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blind Owl

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
[edit] btw. its Friday the 15th - could any administrator correct the headline, please...?
[edit2]...or did they mean by "next Friday" not tomorrow but the Friday next week? Hm...we will see.
Look for a little box that says "thread Tools" and you can change it.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I clicked on it while logged in and don't have a coupon... I am guessing I will never actually see it.
I never got a coupon or the upgrade from LN to 300 series thing either. I find their methods of giving out freebies to be lacking. I think those people with ONLY LNs in their hangar got the upgrade. But if I've spent over $1k then they could throw me a bone too.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
IDGI - when was the Super Hornet not available?

or is this just a temporary price reduction?

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
Its said at 5:12 within the vid report, some kind of "small sale" - as a German I do not fully understand if they are talking about a "tax sale", "pax sale", ...?
I never thought about buying a Super Hornet - but it could be an interesting alternative to between Avenger and Sabre, hm...

To explain "tax sale" for those outside 'Murica, most get income taxes automatically taken out of their wages and you get a yearly refund of what you overpaid the Empire for protecting you from the horrors of the warp.

CrudeSasquatch

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch
To explain "tax sale" for those outside 'Murica, most get income taxes automatically taken out of their wages and you get a yearly refund of what you overpaid the Empire for protecting you from the horrors of the warp.
I thought Canada had the same tax as America...
Here it's like this.
So, you make money... 30-50% tax!
you buy something %15 tax!
you sell something %30-50 income tax!

you mean to say it's different somewhere?

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Here it's like this.

But in America they take out 20-30% tax, then Health Insurance is another 20-30%. But then we get sick and our Insurance won't cover because it's "out of network" and we must pay 354,829,521% of our income...

SPRNinja

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
SPRNinja
Yea NZ is PAYE... tax is taken out of your income in a tiered system based on your projected income for the year. It generally errs on the side of paying slightly too much. But thats ok! Cause at the end of the tax year you can get it all back!!!

WOOP WOOP!

next couple of weeks i should be getting almost 2 grand in the mail :D

Tax season in New Zealand is fucking awesome!

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Well, over here in Germany I can not confirm such "happy finance feelings" regarding the tax, the tax office and the "annual adjustment of income tax". The "adjustment" cost us in the last years several thousand Euros - additional payment. o_O I hate the tax office - but who doesn't?

@ topic: has anyone found out, if the mentioned "tax sale" will be started today or upcoming Friday?

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
Here it's like this.

I couldn't say the exact numbers. Feds tax you, then the state taxes you, then your ex-wife takes her share of the total before taxes, then you pay for insurance which may or may not pay out should you need it, then you pay your traffic tickets which is how the city taxes you, then you pay your rent and bills which increase every year, then you go to the grocery store and can only afford food that's mostly made of cornmeal, then your current wife sues for divorce because you never take her out anymore and her lawyer bills you, then around April you get a refund and then CIG has a sale and poof! Looking forward to next April!

That rant got a little dreary, didn't it? Not all bad news. You could totally just work under the table which I totally have never done or grow and distribute recreational herbal supplements which totally didn't put me though college.

Forgot your password?