Friday, 15th of April: PAX East Sale (fighter sale i.e. Super Hornet) + free flight week until 25th

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I reaaally thought about buying options. But after some reading I'll decided to stay with the Avenger. The Super Hornet is said to cost way of 200 $, therefore no-go for me. I was struggling with myself about buying the Gladiator a time before. But finally I decided that it is not my kind of ship.

Reactions: CrudeSasquatch

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I reaaally thought about buying options. But after some reading I'll decided to stay with the Avenger. The Super Hornet is said to cost way of 200 $, therefore no-go for me. I was struggling with myself about buying the Gladiator a time before. But finally I decided that it is not my kind of ship.
Super Hornet was $165 I think. Quite a bit more than a regular Avenger though.
I MAY get one and wait til they have a heavier fighter to switch to. I'm wanting a beast of a fighter and right now that's the SH, but it's only a Medium Fighter. Can't wait to see the Heavies.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Super Hornet was $165 I think. Quite a bit more than a regular Avenger though.
I MAY get one and wait til they have a heavier fighter to switch to. I'm wanting a beast of a fighter and right now that's the SH, but it's only a Medium Fighter. Can't wait to see the Heavies.
You have to keep in mind that the Avenger is a independant fighter with a bed, thus which is able to travel through the Verse. Which means: when you go offline and lateron get back into SC, you'll awake where you've left.
Not so the Hornet: she's a 100% pure fighter which is in need of a base like a carrier or else with no capability to combine fighting and exploring. Means: wherever you go off, you'll awake at your homebase (which you are in essential need of if you don't want to awake in your hangar constantly).

DragonHeart

Space Marshal
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
ATempest
You have to keep in mind that the Avenger is a independant fighter with a bed, thus which is able to travel through the Verse. Which means: when you go offline and lateron get back into SC, you'll awake where you've left.
Not so the Hornet: she's a 100% pure fighter which is in need of a base like a carrier or else with no capability to combine fighting and exploring. Means: wherever you go off, you'll awake at your homebase (which you are in essential need of if you don't want to awake in your hangar constantly).
Good point.
Logout and relog anywhere in space.
We also have to consider fuel though.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Super Hornet was $165 I think.
179 EUR; quite much in my opinion.

Sabre and S Hornet compared I would say that the Hornet is more like a tank, tough weapons and armour, but also slow, short ranged and sluggish like a wale. The Sabre has lighter armor and less weapons (no unmanned turret), but has (way off) higher top speed and is more agile.

@ topic: I'm disappointed. Barely interesting ships in the sale. No Warden, Freelancer MIS, even no F7A Military Hornet! No Vanguard Sentinel, no Sabre, no Talli and no Alien ship. Well, saved a lot o' money at least ;)

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Yeh I am really disappoint that there's only a couple of ships on the sale and on the test fly.

I will have to wait!

Xian-Luc Picard

Space Marshal
Jan 9, 2016
RSI Handle
Xian-Luc_Picard
I thought Canada had the same tax as America...
Here it's like this.
So, you make money... 30-50% tax!
you buy something %15 tax!
you sell something %30-50 income tax!

you mean to say it's different somewhere?
At least you get healthcare out of the deal without having to pay more out of pocket in Canada. I set aside $2000 of my normal pay into a tax free "Health Savings Account" this year to pay what my insurance doesn't cover and have already used 3/4 of it. Yeah, we pay 20-30% income tax in the USA but we don't get nearly as much as other countries get for a little more (and healthcare costs less overall for those other countries).

Like we say in the United States, Canadians are just (mostly) unarmed North Americans with healthcare. Hopefully the healthcare part will apply to Americans in the next few years because kids' medical needs are *expensive*.

Ah, nothing like the rants of frustrated American citizens. Land of the financial 1% and home of the suckers they take advantage of.

edit: We get a really big f-ing military for our money... and a small-ish space program by comparison. I wish it was the other way around.

I like ship sales.

Last edited:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
At least you get healthcare out of the deal without having to pay more out of pocket in Canada. I set aside $2000 of my normal pay into a tax free "Health Savings Account" this year to pay what my insurance doesn't cover and have already used 3/4 of it. Yeah, we pay 20-30% income tax in the USA but we don't get nearly as much as other countries get for a little more (and healthcare costs less overall for those other countries).

Like we say in the United States, Canadians are just (mostly) unarmed North Americans with healthcare. Hopefully the healthcare part will apply to Americans in the next few years because kids' medical needs are *expensive*.

Ah, nothing like the rants of frustrated American citizens. Land of the financial 1% and home of the suckers they take advantage of.

edit: We get a really big f-ing military for our money... and a small-ish space program by comparison. I wish it was the other way around.

I like ship sales.
Move to Canada. We have ship sales.

And healthcare.

Forgot your password?