Friendly reminder that warbond CCUs are a thing

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
The C2 warbond CCU we have right now is not "that" interesting compared to the C2 warbond available last December. It makes you save 10$ less than the one offered a few month ago. As I already have those C2 CCUs from the best in show IAE2021, this one is a pass for me.

CIG is getting greedier and is slowly reducing the saving you can do thanks to those warbond CCUs. Taurus was also less interesting.

Reactions: FZD and Vavrik

Safun

Captain
Dec 7, 2021
RSI Handle
Safun
(...)There was a spektrum post about all the Warbond CCU's going back up for sale on the finale day, and that's when I plan to put my CCU Chains together. I usually try to finish all my CCU Chains within one sale, which is why I wait until the last day to put them all together.
Do you mean this one?

Will there be Warbond CCUs available?
Yes! Check back each day throughout the event to see what's available. Each Warbond CCU will only be available for a 24-hour period.
Will there be quantity stock-limited ships?
Yes! Each stock-limited ship is limited to 1 per account and will be available in three waves to cover as many global time zones as possible. Please note that depending on your time zone, Wave 2 and 3 may occur the next calendar day.
  • Wave 1: 4 pm UTC (9 am Pacific)
  • Wave 2: 12 am UTC (5 pm Pacific)
  • Wave 3: 8am UTC (1am Pacific)

• ILW Day 3 - May 22: Aegis Idris-P, Aegis Javelin
  • ILW Day 5 - May 24: RSI Constellation Phoenix
  • ILW Day 9 - May 28: Drake Kraken, Drake Kraken Privateer

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Do you mean this one?

It was not in the FAQ but in a reply JakeAcappella-CIG made :

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Is it wrong to say that I wish this was a $20 savings CCU rather than a $30 savings one?

With the $30 savings offer we have, the cheapest options are $20 from difficult to get\CCU to ships (Phoenix or Glaive), or "concept" ships whose price may increase before CCU is applied, decreasing value of CCU (Hull C, Endeavour, Crucible), which leaves you with paying $30 (making a 50% saving) through CCUing from Starfarer Gemini if you want relatively stable\fixed value from it.

If it was a $20 saving instead, you could buy a $5 CCU from the Valkyrie, giving an 80% discount, and being able to stack with the Valkyrie CCU from the event as well.

Of course, if the next offer is the Starfarer Gemini, I may have to revise this opinion...
Well, I've noticed that CIG appears to prefer selecting such discounts that they just barely miss the $5 option and you'll have to grab like $10-30 CCU instead. And of course, it's never wrong to be disappointed that the CCU didn't fit your chain.

Anyhow... Speaking of Starfarer Gemini...

UPDATE: Starfarer Gemini

Reactions: Vavrik

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Well, I've noticed that CIG appears to prefer selecting such discounts that they just barely miss the $5 option and you'll have to grab like $10-30 CCU instead. And of course, it's never wrong to be disappointed that the CCU didn't fit your chain.

Anyhow... Speaking of Starfarer Gemini...

UPDATE: Starfarer Gemini
I had a feeling that would be the case...

Now I need to decide whether to pick up some C2 CCU's when they return at the end of Invictus. I had a few $10 gemini-Valkyrie that I picked up earlier in the event, and while the C2 CCU offers better value ($5) over the Valkyrie CCU, it has a higher initial outlay\outlay per chain and only assists in chains to ships above $400 (C2 price), so wouldn't help with ships priced from $380 - $400 (reclaimer, Gemesis Starliner).

This CCU game is certainly "interesting".

As a side note, is it possible for the entries on the initial post to show the CCU and normal price of the ships, to help people see which options fit together ("normal" price of one below the lower price on another), and which have prices that conflict ("normal" price on one equal to\above lower price on another - Terrapin-> Scorpius, for example) to assist in building\filling out their chains?

Something like (whether sorted by date, ship name, or CCU price, although CCU price may be the most useful for people planning their event end buy-up):
DateShipCCU PriceNormal (non-WB) price
20thValkyrie350375
21stTerrapin210220
22ndVanguard Sentinel260275
23rdRetaliator Bomber260275
24thConstellation Taurus180190
24thScorpius (Release)220240
25th325a6570
26thC2 Hercules370400
27thStarfarer Gemini320340
28thMule (Release)(No warbond CCU, Standalone LTI WB $40)45
28thVulture130140
29thHerald8085

Last edited:
Reactions: Vavrik and FZD

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
I had a feeling that would be the case...

Now I need to decide whether to pick up some C2 CCU's when they return at the end of Invictus. I had a few $10 gemini-Valkyrie that I picked up earlier in the event, and while the C2 CCU offers better value ($5) over the Valkyrie CCU, it has a higher initial outlay\outlay per chain and only assists in chains to ships above $400 (C2 price), so wouldn't help with ships priced from $380 - $400 (reclaimer, Gemesis Starliner).

This CCU game is certainly "interesting".

As a side note, is it possible for the entries on the initial post to show the CCU and normal price of the ships, to help people see which options fit together ("normal" price of one below the lower price on another), and which have prices that conflict ("normal" price on one equal to\above lower price on another - Terrapin-> Scorpius, for example) to assist in building\filling out their chains?

Something like (whether sorted by date, ship name, or CCU price, although CCU price may be the most useful for people planning their event end buy-up):
DateShipCCU PriceNormal (non-WB) price
20thValkyrie350375
21stTerrapin210220
22ndVanguard Sentinel275
23rdRetaliator Bomber275
24thConstellation Taurus180190
24thScorpius (Release)220240
25th325a6570
26thC2 Hercules370400
27thStarfarer Gemini320340
28thMule (Release)
28thDrake
29thDrake
Oh, certainly. That's a great idea. I just didn't write down the prices though, so I can't remember what the Sentinel / Retaliator warbond price was for sure, though the discount should be around $20 at that price point.

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Oh, certainly. That's a great idea. I just didn't write down the prices though, so I can't remember what the Sentinel / Retaliator warbond price was for sure, though the discount should be around $20 at that price point.
No worries - I got a little bored and came up with this table which may be a better option for planning (concept options not included if the same price or higher than "limited" ships, concept and limited are not included if same price or higher than permanent ones) - "concept" comes with greater risk of reduced savings if you plan to hold CCU for some time, "concept" and "limited" ships are also only available at certain times each year, "release" ships CCU may continue past the end of the event, but that is not confirmed:
DateShipCCU PriceCheapest optionMinimum CostMaximum DiscountSavingFinal price
25th325a65$60 (Permanent) 125A, 300i, Avenger Stalker$550%$570
29thHerald80$75 (Permanent) Arrow, ROC-DS$550%$585
28thVulture (Concept)130$125 (Permanent) F7C-S Hornet Ghost$567%$10140
24thConstellation Taurus180$175 (Limited) Cutlass Blue, F7C Hornet Wildfire, Freelancer MIS
$155 (Permanent) Prospector
$5 Limited
$25 Permanent
67% Limited
29% Permanent
$10190
21stTerrapin210$200 (Concept) Vulcan
$195 (Limited) Hurricane
$190 (Permanent) Constellation Taurus
$10 Concept
$15 Limited
$20 Permanent
50% Concept
40% Limited
33% Permanent
$10220
24thScorpius (release)220$215 (Concept) Corsair
$195 (Limited) Hurricane
$5 Concept
$25 Limited
$30 Permanent
80% Concept
45% Limited
40% Permanent
$20240
22ndVanguard Sentinel260$250 (Limited) 400i, Ares Inferno, Area Ion
$240 (Permanent) Constellation Andromeda
$10 Limited
$20 Permanent
60% Limited
43% Permanent
$15275
23rdRetaliator Bomber260$250 (Limited) 400i, Ares Inferno, Area Ion
$240 (Permanent) Constellation Andromeda
$10 Limited
$20 Permanent
60% Limited
43% Permanent
$15275
27thStarfarer Gemini320$315 (Permanent) MOLE5$ Permanent80% Permanent$20340
20thValkyrie350$340 (Limited) Starfarer Gemini
$315 (Permanent) MOLE
$10 Limited
$35 Permanent
71% Limited
42% Permanent
$25375
26thC2 Hercules370$340 (Limited) Starfarer Gemini
$350 (Special) Glaive, Constellation Phoenix
$315 (Permanent) MOLE
$30 Limited
$20 Special
$55 Permanent
50% Limited
60% Special
35% Permanent
$30400
Feel free to correct any mistakes in my prices and\or calculations.

Last edited:

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
No worries - I got a little bored and came up with this table which may be a better option for planning (concept options not included if the same price or higher than "limited" ships, concept and limited are not included if same price or higher than permanent ones) - "concept" comes with greater risk of reduced savings if you plan to hold CCU for some time, "concept" and "limited" ships are also only available at certain times each year, "release" ships CCU may continue past the end of the event, but that is not confirmed:
DateShipCCU PriceCheapest optionMinimum CostMaximum DiscountSavingFinal price
25th325a65$60 (Permanent) 125A, 300i, Avenger Stalker$550%$570
28thVulture (Concept)130$125 (Permanent) F7C-S Hornet Ghost$567%$10140
24thConstellation Taurus180$175 (Limited) Cutlass Blue, F7C Hornet Wildfire, Freelancer MIS
$155 (Permanent) Prospector
$5 Limited
$25 Permanent
67% Limited
29% Permanent
$10190
21stTerrapin210$200 (Concept) Vulcan
$195 (Limited) Hurricane
$10 Concept
$15 Limited
$20 Permanent
50% Concept
40% Limited
33% Permanent
$10220
24thScorpius (release)220$215 (Concept) Corsair
$195 (Limited) Hurricane
$5 Concept
$25 Limited
$30 Permanent
80% Concept
45% Limited
40% permanent
$20240
22ndVanguard Sentinel275
23rdRetaliator Bomber275
27thStarfarer Gemini320$315 (Permanent) MOLE5$ Permanent80% permanent$20340
20thValkyrie350$340 (Limited) Starfarer Gemini
$315 (Permanent) MOLE
$10 Limited
$35 Permanent
71% Limited
42% permanent
$25375
26thC2 Hercules370$340 (Limited) Starfarer Gemini
$350 (Special) Glaive, Constellation Phoenix
$315 (Permanent) MOLE
$30 Limited
$20 Special
$55 Permanent
50% Limited
60% Special
35% permanent
$30400
Feel free to correct any mistakes in my prices and\or calculations - I'll try to update as CCU's are released for Drake.
This is good, but it's a bit cluttered. Hmm... I'll post it as a link in the OP. So people can get more in-depth as needed, but I'll keep the more streamlined version in the OP.

Reactions: Vavrik and Safun

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
UPDATE: Drake Vulture.

Tbh, I really like this one. First of all, it's in the sub-$150 range, which fits most CCU chains. Secondly, Drake Vulture is an unreleased ship, so I even had a regular priced CCU TO it, as I am fully expecting it to go up in value. And unlike most ships, this one will go up in value real soon, before IAE or during it, as it's getting flight ready in 3.18. So this means you're basically getting at least a $20 discount for $5 and a bit of patience. Not to mention it's just $5 from RAFT, a ship you already might have some warbond CCUs TO as it was on offer last time. Not to mention RAFT is an already released ship with basically full functionality in game, so that $125 price on it is among the most solid prices out there (though the chance of you getting killed by a cow is low, but never zero.)
What I'm saying is, this is just pure gold.

Reactions: Vavrik and vahadar

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
UPDATE: Herald

Reactions: Vavrik

Starooqi

Commander
Mar 27, 2022
RSI Handle
Starooqi
@FZD picking up the mule to start a chain. I am planning to pick up some CCU for future upgrades. As I mentioned earlier. My current goals based on my limited knowledge is to get a Cutlass Black as a starter ship that is multi-role as I learn the game. Eventually, I will get one mining, one cargo, and one combat ship that can be used solo. After that I will look for large ships that are in $500+ range to build towards using the CCU chaining. Should I buy mule, melt my titan and apply additional funds to get a Cutless Black. Does that make sense? or should I not melt the titan because it is also a good starter ship but I am not sure it will be useful if I have a Cutlass Black. I think it would be redundant and I should melt it and apply it to the CB.

Additionally, should I get additional mules for future CCU chains to build towards the other ships I mentioned above or is not worth it to buy them now. Can you please advise me what CCUs I should purchase now to be utilized for future potential CCU chains? I have reasonable budget available. (I have spousal support. :))

Reactions: FZD and Vavrik

Starooqi

Commander
Mar 27, 2022
RSI Handle
Starooqi
I use "315p to CNOU Nomad Warbond Edition " CCU's. Have my fleet planned out, so when something comes up I can CCU from a 315P to a Nomad to the "new ship", and it has LTI. If people are going to buy CCU tokens, always pick a ship that will never be removed from the pledge store.
How do you which ship will never be removed from the Pledge Store?

Starooqi

Commander
Mar 27, 2022
RSI Handle
Starooqi
@FZD I think you can ignore my question above. :) I continued my research and discovered that are packs available. There is a warbond pack for Mule and Cutlass Black with LTI. I think I will pick that up. I may also pick up a second Mule for a new CCU chain for a miner or combat ship. There is another pack available that has CB, Mule and Caterpillar. I am thinking I will get the Caterpillar as an eventual Cargo hauler in the future through CCU changing rather than buy it now.

Additionally based on your suggestion I will pick up CCU upgrades for Endeavor and Crucible.

Reactions: FZD

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
@FZD picking up the mule to start a chain. I am planning to pick up some CCU for future upgrades. As I mentioned earlier. My current goals based on my limited knowledge is to get a Cutlass Black as a starter ship that is multi-role as I learn the game. Eventually, I will get one mining, one cargo, and one combat ship that can be used solo. After that I will look for large ships that are in $500+ range to build towards using the CCU chaining.

Should I buy mule, melt my titan and apply additional funds to get a Cutless Black. Does that make sense?
Didn't you say that the Titan is part of your game package, and that you already got that game package at a discount? If that's the case, you shouldn't melt the game package (as you need that to play Star Citizen) and I don't think there are any starter packages with the mule atm.

or should I not melt the titan because it is also a good starter ship but I am not sure it will be useful if I have a Cutlass Black. I think it would be redundant and I should melt it and apply it to the CB.
You could upgrade your game package to Cutlass Black, just make sure to hit the 325a warbond CCU and Herald warbond CCU along the way for $5 discount each (and to upgrade the insurance on your game package to 120-months, as in, ten whole years). Cutlass Black isn't that expensive of a ship, so even if you don't get an LTI on it, it's fine. 10 years is pretty close to an LTI anyhow.

Additionally, should I get additional mules for future CCU chains to build towards the other ships I mentioned above or is not worth it to buy them now. Can you please advise me what CCUs I should purchase now to be utilized for future potential CCU chains? I have reasonable budget available. (I have spousal support. :))
It is somewhat rare to have sub-$50 LTI token. It's worth buying them now.

When all the CCUs come back tomorrow, you should get warbond CCUs TO Herald, 325A, Vulture, Taurus, Terrapin, Sentinel or Retaliator, Starfarer Gemini, Valkyrie. Yeah, nearly every ship that was discounted during the event fits in a chain between Mule and $500+ ships. As for which ships you should use as CCUs FROM, well, there's a couple you should definitely NOT use: Hull-series, Expanse, SRV, Corsair, San'tok.yai, Railen, etc. Basically, check this list. If it's not Flight ready, avoid it unless you can currently also buy a CCU TO it. Though any CCU FROM in your chain that you don't also have a CCU TO is bit of a gamble, it's doubly so with CCUs FROM ships that are in production (/or in concept). But generally, try to get the cheapest possible warbond CCUs. I mean, if you can get a $5 warbond CCU FROM non-permanently available ship, that's probably still better than a $20 warbond CCU FROM permanently available ship, as that $15 difference would be a section in the chain where no new discounts can be gained in the subsequent events.

Reactions: Starooqi

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
@FZD I think you can ignore my question above. :) I continued my research and discovered that are packs available. There is a warbond pack for Mule and Cutlass Black with LTI. I think I will pick that up. I may also pick up a second Mule for a new CCU chain for a miner or combat ship. There is another pack available that has CB, Mule and Caterpillar. I am thinking I will get the Caterpillar as an eventual Cargo hauler in the future through CCU changing rather than buy it now.

If you're talking about that pack, note that it doesn't contain the game. So don't go melting your game package for that :)

Additionally based on your suggestion I will pick up CCU upgrades for Endeavor and Crucible.
Yeah, Endeavor and Crucible would be good, though you might need to wait till IAE for them to become available. EDIT: Oh, Crucible is actually available atm. Cool, grab that.

Reactions: Safun and Starooqi

Starooqi

Commander
Mar 27, 2022
RSI Handle
Starooqi

If you're talking about that pack, note that it doesn't contain the game. So don't go melting your game package for that :)

Yeah, Endeavor and Crucible would be good, though you might need to wait till IAE for them to become available. EDIT: Oh, Crucible is actually available atm. Cool, grab that.
I didn't realize that melting a ship that came as a package melts everything. I will not melt my Titan.

I am digesting your comments above. Tomorrow I will see what is available and plan out some future paths. If questions I will post them here. Maybe my journey will be useful to someone else.

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
How do you which ship will never be removed from the Pledge Store?
Any of the starter ships or base models of things that have been released years ago, like:

Aurora's
300 Series (except the 350)
100 Series
The Nomad

Nomad is a good example as they marketed it as a starter ship with everything, so it's something they'll never remove from the pledge store. So much work went into the 300 series, such as brochures and TV ad style videos etc. When buying a 300 series you go to a separate area to fine tune the package and details you want in the ship, such as leather seats and paints etc. The 100 series was pushed as a starter series ships, so they want to keep things affordable to new players.

Safun

Captain
Dec 7, 2021
RSI Handle
Safun
Is there any chance to upgrade the game package to LTI? Are there any upgrades WITH LTI or sth like that?

Didn't you say that the Titan is part of your game package, and that you already got that game package at a discount? If that's the case, you shouldn't melt the game package (as you need that to play Star Citizen) and I don't think there are any starter packages with the mule atm.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Is there any chance to upgrade the game package to LTI? Are there any upgrades WITH LTI or sth like that?
Yes and no. There was a Nomad warbond CCU that came with an LTI upgrade (as opposed to the 120-month insurance upgrade you can get now) when Nomad first came out. There's probably heaps of these CCUs still in the gray market, but it doesn't seem like CIG are planning on making another CCU opportunity like that, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

That being said, 120-month insurance is fairly close to an LTI anyhow. I mean, it's unlikely that insurance costs would be all that big of a money sink to begin with, and even then you got coverage for 10 years post launch, which is like... a long time. And who knows, maybe somewhere 5 years after the launch, they'll cave in and offer like $10 insurance upgrade packs or something.

So, I'd suggest getting a few Mule LTI tokens for your big ships, and getting an 120-month upgrade for your game package ship (and then keeping that at a more modest value, like under $200).
Or if you really want LTI on your game package for novelty reasons (I know I got one of them warbond Nomad CCUs when they came out just for that purpose), you can search the gray market. You'll probably have to pay quite a premium though, so it might be more logical to go with the 120-month upgrade.

Reactions: Safun and Starooqi
Forgot your password?