From "Esperia Vanduul Blade Q&A Part 1"

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
How does the attributes like maneuverability, emissions and armor of the Blade compare to other ships in similar role?
The maneuverability is intended to be beyond anything else out there which makes up for its lacking armor. Emission wise, it’s about the same, no real effort has been made to disguise or optimize it.

Is that what they said about the Cutlass and the Khartu-al and the Sabre?

I know I said I wasn't keeping mine, but for those that do I'm a little worried when they say a ship's greatest strength is its maneuverability and speed.

Maybe I just suck as a pilot...

I know the Scout isn't finished and the Cutlass was impromptu redesigned, I just hope it's a viable ship for the $250 it costs. It really comparable to a $150 ship such as the Scout, Sabre, and Shornet since Vanduul adds $100, so I hope it turns out nicely.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
It was the effective in packs comment that made me laugh what sort of combat ship would not be effective with more of them!

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
How does the attributes like maneuverability, emissions and armor of the Blade compare to other ships in similar role?
The maneuverability is intended to be beyond anything else out there which makes up for its lacking armor. Emission wise, it’s about the same, no real effort has been made to disguise or optimize it.

Is that what they said about the Cutlass and the Khartu-al and the Sabre?

I know I said I wasn't keeping mine, but for those that do I'm a little worried when they say a ship's greatest strength is its maneuverability and speed.

Maybe I just suck as a pilot...

I know the Scout isn't finished and the Cutlass was impromptu redesigned, I just hope it's a viable ship for the $250 it costs. It really comparable to a $150 ship such as the Scout, Sabre, and Shornet since Vanduul adds $100, so I hope it turns out nicely.
The cutlass was supposed to be very manueverable but grew large and fat, thus changing everything about the cutlass. The saber was never said to be the most manueverable but extremly manueverable for its class (medium fighter). Khartu was supposed to be the most manueverable xian ship and more manueverable then the last generation UEE ships ex. gladius.

The blade has always been known to be very fast and manueverable, and why yes it is its greatest strength, the blade also appears to have 5 weapons on it despite the specs saying 3. It might just be the esperia model only has 3 (as plasma weapons are rare for uee).

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
The cutlass was supposed to be very manueverable but grew large and fat, thus changing everything about the cutlass. The saber was never said to be the most manueverable but extremly manueverable for its class (medium fighter). Khartu was supposed to be the most manueverable xian ship and more manueverable then the last generation UEE ships ex. gladius.

The blade has always been known to be very fast and manueverable, and why yes it is its greatest strength, the blade also appears to have 5 weapons on it despite the specs saying 3. It might just be the esperia model only has 3 (as plasma weapons are rare for uee).
I understand what happened to the others. And I'm not trying to sound all doom&gloom, I'm just hoping they stick to their descriptions when building the ships and making them flight ready.

I didn't realize the Sabre was a Medium, it just says Fighter so I assumed Light since it is supposed to be a little stealthy. It also says Space Superiority, which is odd cause I don't remember that description. They may have changed it, I'm not sure. But for a Medium SS, it does handle quite well.

As far as the Khartu-al, it's still in PTU so I can't fault the reports of it being sluggish, the Sabre was the same way.

But the Blade I hope is as fast as it sounds, for the sake of people who are keeping it.

It was the effective in packs comment that made me laugh what sort of combat ship would not be effective with more of them!
I laughed at this too. Hopefully it's viable solo.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I have one sitting in my melt pile, on the off chance that it does end up being the fighter I am looking for.*waves hand*

That being said, I don't have my hopes up. I was set on the Sabre big "the ship", but I haven't managed to fall in love yet. Guess I'll have to play some more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grimbli

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I have one sitting in my melt pile, on the off chencie that it does end up being the fighter I am looking for.*waves hand*

That being said, I don't have my hopes up. I was set on the Sabre big "the ship", but I haven't managed to fall in love yet. Guess I'll have to play some more.
This.

I was so happy when I first found out about the game and I got a Hornet Ghost. I thought it was awesome there was a fighter that was supposed to be stealthy even if it wasn't implemented yet! Then I hear someone say it's not as stealthy as the Sabre! So I wait and get a Sabre. Then I hear Ben say on an RtV that the Sabre isn't a dedicated Stealth ship! [CONCERN]

I am so happy with the way the game is going and the progress they've made just this year from 2.0, but I'm just a little miffed at how ships change drastically from concept to flight ready. The Cutlass had problems even before I got one ( didn't know about it), the Ghost/Sabre/Whatever stealth issue, Xi'an Scout goes from 2 seats 6 guns to 1 seat 2 guns. Although I hear it got super maneuverable in 2.3c!

I'm still happy though and realize there will be balancing. So it'll all be good. Unless they screw up the Reclaimer or Carrack! Then I'm out for blood!

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
I can honestly say from my limited experience that they offer LTI with concept pledges and they allow you to melt and upgrade. I can see how they totally want people to be happy and of course lots of things change in development. Although they offer stealthy ships I can see why they do not want cloaking devices (Not implemented yet). I have looked at the carrack and there is a lot in it so it will definitely have some changes but it might be like the starfarer (just huge) and how can you see behind you we seem to have lost rear view cameras! It is very easy to keep dipping in buying more and better ships but how many will you really spend any time with. I have three combat ships (not counting the cutlass for obvious reasons) and Xi'an Scout, the Blade and the Sabre and quite frankly the first two have the same role in game but the sabre will be melted if they are both fun to fly cos why else play! Even though its probably the better fighter.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
This.

I was so happy when I first found out about the game and I got a Hornet Ghost. I thought it was awesome there was a fighter that was supposed to be stealthy even if it wasn't implemented yet! Then I hear someone say it's not as stealthy as the Sabre! So I wait and get a Sabre. Then I hear Ben say on an RtV that the Sabre isn't a dedicated Stealth ship! [CONCERN]

I am so happy with the way the game is going and the progress they've made just this year from 2.0, but I'm just a little miffed at how ships change drastically from concept to flight ready. The Cutlass had problems even before I got one ( didn't know about it), the Ghost/Sabre/Whatever stealth issue, Xi'an Scout goes from 2 seats 6 guns to 1 seat 2 guns. Although I hear it got super maneuverable in 2.3c!

I'm still happy though and realize there will be balancing. So it'll all be good. Unless they screw up the Reclaimer or Carrack! Then I'm out for blood!
This is why the melt system is so damn awesome. It let's you play with a ship, own it, feel it, touch it, smell it, get to know it, etc etc etc. If it's not your thing, bye bye. Credits and onto the next. I love that I can currently roll through ships without having to decide definitively on what my final choice shall be.

I never considered the warden before, but after testing, I may choose it as my primary fighter. That's the beauty of the system they have in place.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I can honestly say from my limited experience that they offer LTI with concept pledges and they allow you to melt and upgrade. I can see how they totally want people to be happy and of course lots of things change in development. Although they offer stealthy ships I can see why they do not want cloaking devices (Not implemented yet). I have looked at the carrack and there is a lot in it so it will definitely have some changes but it might be like the starfarer (just huge) and how can you see behind you we seem to have lost rear view cameras! It is very easy to keep dipping in buying more and better ships but how many will you really spend any time with. I have three combat ships (not counting the cutlass for obvious reasons) and Xi'an Scout, the Blade and the Sabre and quite frankly the first two have the same role in game but the sabre will be melted if they are both fun to fly cos why else play! Even though its probably the better fighter.
I'm not asking for cloaking devices, they usually break games, by dedicated stealth I just want it to have a low cross section, radar absorbing armor (like the Ghost), and very low IR/EM readings. I don't care if it only comes with 2 size 1 guns. A stealth ship should be infiltration. Able to fly past another ship without being picked up on radar. It wouldn't even have to be fast or nimble.

This is why the melt system is so damn awesome. It let's you play with a ship, own it, feel it, touch it, smell it, get to know it, etc etc etc. If it's not your thing, bye bye. Credits and onto the next. I love that I can currently roll through ships without having to decide definitively on what my final choice shall be.

I never considered the warden before, but after testing, I may choose it as my primary fighter. That's the beauty of the system they have in place.
I love the melt system. I was excited about the Freelancer in the beginning but now don't care for it. Same with Ghost and Red. Will probably end up melting the Sabre too. Maybe even the Khartu-al, even though it's getting more nimble.

I thought about the Warden, maybe even the Sentinel for Ewar, but I want a dedicated gunship as my heavy fighter. I'll either go into big fleet battles in my stealth ship to sneak by and possibly board or go in with a big beefy cannon with a dash of ship built onto it!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I love the melt system. I was excited about the Freelancer in the beginning but now don't care for it. Same with Ghost and Red. Will probably end up melting the Sabre too. Maybe even the Khartu-al, even though it's getting more nimble.

I thought about the Warden, maybe even the Sentinel for Ewar, but I want a dedicated gunship as my heavy fighter. I'll either go into big fleet battles in my stealth ship to sneak by and possibly board or go in with a big beefy cannon with a dash of ship built onto it!
Huzzah. Exactly. My DUR is loosing appeal, as well as multiple other ships I'd purchased. I love being able to transition back and forth, to an extent anyways. That token for credit buy back is annoying, but I can live with it.

Yeah, I may end up with something big for a fighter. Something that can take a beating. Maybe a Warden, maybe a Redeemer. Who knows.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Huzzah. Exactly. My DUR is loosing appeal, as well as multiple other ships I'd purchased. I love being able to transition back and forth, to an extent anyways. That token for credit buy back is annoying, but I can live with it.

Yeah, I may end up with something big for a fighter. Something that can take a beating. Maybe a Warden, maybe a Redeemer. Who knows.
I haven't used the single credit yet, I'm waiting to use it on something big.

I thought about a Redeemer or Retaliator, I know I'm going to buy the char slots for my NPCs (Now that I've melted most of my packages)(Do NOT forget to keep a single package to let me play the game!!!), but I'm still undecided.

The problem with having a few big ships and going the AI Character route is that I'll need to keep all of my ships in the same system. So I'll need to do a TON of research on my Home. It has to be near Test home system as well. So that narrows it down a bit. Of course I have to wait til we decide on one, so I'm kinda stuck at the moment.

Forgot your password?