FYI : Home World 1 and 2 preload is now up on steam

HID45

Commander
Feb 13, 2015
RSI Handle
HID45
Yup. Got it. Could be that I fell victim of epic launch trailer featuring the song Sail by Awolnation... Got some shivers when it begun. The good way, u know. I of course do have the original Homeworld and HW:Cataclysm CD-versions from the -90's but can't wait to try them out in 1080p.

Last edited:

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
bought it

bryceedmundo

Space Marshal
Dec 20, 2014
RSI Handle
bryceedmundo
HW 1 is somewhat just before my time, but I vividly remember playing 2 and it's up there with my favorite all timers. I've tried going back to 1 but equate that to being a Gen Y kid trying to go back and watch the original series of Star Trek. I'm super excited to play the remastered versions, haven't bought them yet though, broke, keep us posted.

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
I never played any of these games, but they're getting a lot of hype right now.

What's the deal with airline food...I MEAN...these Homeworld games?

HID45

Commander
Feb 13, 2015
RSI Handle
HID45
Have you been able to get to campaign? I only have tutorial and skirmish available? And according to Gearbox forums I'm not the only one.

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
I never played any of these games, but they're getting a lot of hype right now.

What's the deal with airline food...I MEAN...these Homeworld games?
Basically they were an incredible space RTS game in the late 90s early 2000 and they looked good for that time.

Kinda like aoe 2 with it's remake. Many people my age remember it fondly.

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
I am literally trying to vibrate out of phase with this universe and into phase with one where it's later in the day so I can go home and play.

Ion Array Frigates! Ion Array Frigates for everyone!

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
Have you been able to get to campaign? I only have tutorial and skirmish available? And according to Gearbox forums I'm not the only one.
Make sure you have all the DLC downloaded. The campaigns are essentially a bolt-on module for the remastered edition.

C

CaptainHavoc

ARRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HID45

Commander
Feb 13, 2015
RSI Handle
HID45
Make sure you have all the DLC downloaded. The campaigns are essentially a bolt-on module for the remastered edition.
Yeah, that was the problem. Stupid of them to release the modules like that. Once everything was downloaded yesterday it was too late to start.

Forgot your password?