Game freezing up

Uruwashii

Vice Admiral
Jan 24, 2016
RSI Handle
Uruwashii
Starting this past saturday I have not been able to play SC for more than 10 minutes without the game locking up and giving me a disconnect error. I just recently updated my graphics card from a 650ti to the 1060. I don't think that should have caused any issues.

I know it is not my ISP because on Sat when I started having the issue I had a friend over playing as well. He never saw a single hiccup.

Just hoping some one here might be able to help me. Thanks guys!

Reactions: CosmicTrader

Doyzer

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Doyzer
I had no issues after upgrading from 770 to a 1080.

Have you tried the usual of deleting your user folder and verifying files after the upgrade.

Maybe last resort is to delete and reload everything but I am not sure if that will help.

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
When I upgraded from a 650Ti to a 1080, I had to Delete the previous GPU Drivers and Re-install the newest Drivers.
(They should, but do not, update over the older drivers.)
[You can search Google for the How To]

Uruwashii

Vice Admiral
Jan 24, 2016
RSI Handle
Uruwashii
I had no issues after upgrading from 770 to a 1080.

Have you tried the usual of deleting your user folder and verifying files after the upgrade.

Maybe last resort is to delete and reload everything but I am not sure if that will help.
I have tried these. No better after doing that.

When I upgraded from a 650Ti to a 1080, I had to Delete the previous GPU Drivers and Re-install the newest Drivers.
(They should, but do not, update over the older drivers.)
[You can search Google for the How To]
Thanks Cosmic, I will try this when I get home.

Uruwashii

Vice Admiral
Jan 24, 2016
RSI Handle
Uruwashii
Nothing has helped so far. When the game freezes I am getting a disconnect 30009 error. According to the RSI site that means "Code 20009/30009 occurs when someone successfully connects and authenticates into a game server but times out when verifying the session."

That makes it sound like I am not getting in at all but I am.

I am at a loss and not sure if sending this to the issue counsel will do anything to help me.

Turpentine

Commander
Donor
Oct 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Turpentine Cat
Nothing has helped so far. When the game freezes I am getting a disconnect 30009 error. According to the RSI site that means "Code 20009/30009 occurs when someone successfully connects and authenticates into a game server but times out when verifying the session."

That makes it sound like I am not getting in at all but I am.

I am at a loss and not sure if sending this to the issue counsel will do anything to help me.

What pings are you getting? How stable is your internet? WiFi or LAN? It could be a problem with your modem or router.

I ask because I live in AK and my ping is bad and the internet connection is dirty. I get DC'd a lot because of it.

Uruwashii

Vice Admiral
Jan 24, 2016
RSI Handle
Uruwashii
Whenever I do a speed test I am fine. is there a way to see the ping to the game server, in client? is there anywhere that can will list the game server ips?

LAN connection
I had this problem happen with someone else at my house playing just fine.

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
Error 30000 usually means a server crash.
This can and does happen when there are several players on line for a long time.

Uruwashii

Vice Admiral
Jan 24, 2016
RSI Handle
Uruwashii
Error 30000 usually means a server crash.
This can and does happen when there are several players on line for a long time.

That is 30000. Mine is 30009. Each code is something different.

I had a friend over a couple of weeks ago, we were in the same server. I would lock up and DC, he would be just fine. It has to be something in my rig. I just haven't figured it out yet.

Forgot your password?