Gamelander

Overlord

Captain
Nov 30, 2014
RSI Handle
OVERLORD_COOPER
I'm just curious but does anyone really believe that there will be enough players to spread the Space Sim love? Personally I doubt it if Star Citizen is anything like EVE, because if it is it will require an immense amount of player time to become competent. Now if SC is anything like Elite Dangerous then sure, there will be plenty of time to muck about in different games since Elite has to be one of the least challenging games ever made.

Personally I would love to see SC make a game that is truly engaging and keeps its supporters firmly rooted in the SC PU instead of bouncing from game to game. But it really is a question of whether CIG is making a 'take the money and run' game or something that really challenges players and makes their contribution absolutely essential for a viable PU. A lot of people believe there is plenty of room for more than one Space Sim but I'm not so sure; not once the space dust has settled and games are live. In the end, it will be the game that challenges players and brings them back to the PU that will rule them all. And from all appearances, Mr. Roberts is headed in that direction - he could very well be the Highlander of Space Sims. We shall see.

Exclaimer: In the spirit of TEST irreverence and drunken revelry, I wrote this completely inebriated while teaching a chicken how to play Elite. Turns out it took only a few pecks.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
SC has 60 something million dollars pledged and almost 700,000 players. That's just in an alpha MODULE, not even the PU alpha. I think we're fine.
69 million bucks, and 700,000 Citizens. I would not be surprised at all if we hit a million citizens and 100 million dollars, especially with the FPS module and maybe SQ 42 Episode 1 coming out this year.

Forgot your password?