Get your ARRRRR on - Drake Buccaneer late May

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
It was revealed today in RtV that the Drake Buccaneer will be sold in late May. I'm personally not getting it but I'm interested to see how they take the Cutlass into account when designing it and its capabilities.

How will it look?

What can it do?

Who will buy one?

Find out all this and more next time on Dragonball Z. Wait........this isn't DBZ. Find out all this and more next time on TEST Squadron Forums!

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I may get one. I dunno, I loved the original idea of the Cutlass, but I'm not sold yet. I'm waiting on the design to sway me.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
I just need a ship from Drake, the herald, and I already have it....... BUT I'm interested to see how the Drake pipeline is going to be....

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
Imma melt my LTI Aurora LN for a Drake piwate ship after I win that Aurora in the next drawing

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Imma melt my LTI Aurora LN for a Drake piwate ship after I win that Aurora in the next drawing
You have an LTI LN? Is it a game package? My only non LTI ship is my LN cause it has my package on it...

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
You have an LTI LN? Is it a game package? My only non LTI ship is my LN cause it has my package on it...
it's a standalone ship, my game pkg has an LTI Super Hornet

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I'll certainly check it out. It really depends on how she stands up as a fighter, as too whether I get one or not.

Was there not something said about the Buccaneer being able to fit in the Caterpillar? Because that could be a nifty symbiotic relationship.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Was there not something said about the Buccaneer being able to fit in the Caterpillar? Because that could be a nifty symbiotic relationship.
That's the Dragonfly.

Reactions: Reptar Khan

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
The name says it all.

Oh come on man, nooo, that is so...common. I'm more into something more...cool...like this babe (I mean the machine) here:

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160221/6hiw5v28.jpg

It was revealed today in RtV that the Drake Buccaneer will be sold in late May. I'm personally not getting it but I'm interested to see how they take the Cutlass into account when designing it and its capabilities.

How will it look?

What can it do?

Who will buy one?

Find out all this and more next time on Dragonball Z. Wait........this isn't DBZ. Find out all this and more next time on TEST Squadron Forums!
There are first infos posted in the net, like

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6471281/#Comment_6471281
And to keep people a bit more sated in terms of real information, here are a few quick bits of information on the Buccaneer:
• It is planned to have the ability to carry/move cargo, it just doesn’t sit inside the ship.
• While it would have the same size footprint as a Sabre, it won’t be filling as much of that space.
• Its biggest weapons are all planned to allow a full 360 rotational arc from their mount.
• It’s prompting more active exploration and design into fake-component containers for cargo.
Thread "Reference Images": https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/318800/drake-interplanetary-buccaneer-reference-images/p1

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I'm stoked to see what this ship looks like and is capable of. I wonder if it'll be able to go head to head with the Sabre. Or if it'll fit a much lighter roll.

Reactions: AstroSam

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I'm 80 Dollaros above - but I see no difference in that. Its only another forum to post in ...

Forgot your password?