Get Your Wings!

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
Well. Try it on something other than chicken. Pork. Beef or.... as I discovered 8 years ago ... lamb.
i thought we we talking about wings :p
but yeah that does sound good, actually
...now to find a restaurant that serves honey garlic lamb xD

in all seriousness, i have had good honey-garlic wings before, but i can count the number of times on one hand lol
most recently was a couple months back at a place one city over, where they made em with proper honey
like, actual honey was on the wings
was really good

Phantomoftruth

Space Marshal
Feb 14, 2016
RSI Handle
PhantomofTruth
Sounds just right save I would not go hot anywhere they brag about making your food inedibly hot. Places like that I order medium. Some people go too far.
What i'm hearing is, "someone needs to take a hit for the team and make buffalo wings using Police grade pepper spray".

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
i thought we we talking about wings :p
but yeah that does sound good, actually
...now to find a restaurant that serves honey garlic lamb xD

in all seriousness, i have had good honey-garlic wings before, but i can count the number of times on one hand lol
most recently was a couple months back at a place one city over, where they made em with proper honey
like, actual honey was on the wings
was really good
I'm not not talking about wings. It's just that BBQ in a place in the US south means a lot more than it does up north, and you kind of have to experience it to get what I mean. I still like the chain restaurants too, but it's kind of like what happens with Poutine. You don't go to Harvey's to get the best but it's better than Rotten Ronnie's.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Several years ago, while at my local Hooter's restaurant on a national Wings Day which also happened to be a night were they also were having their all-you-can-eat special, there were some individuals that were being jerks to their waitress while placing bets on who could eat the most wings that night. Given that I was rather hungry & I didn't appreciate how they were treating their server, I brazenly interjected myself into their wager to spice it up a bit. I suggested that whoever ate the most wings between their top person, who was the biggest jerk of them, and myself had their entire meal & visit paid for by the other. I even told them that I was just starting to order & said that I'd accept however many he'd already eaten into his count just to be fair. At that point, he'd eaten 40 wings & was feeling rather confident as his 2 friends that were my size had only eaten 20 each. To seal the deal, I had him agree to this in writing in front of the manager & the waitress before I had my 1st bite. 2 hours & 110 wings later compared to his 50 total & he stormed out of their without even admitting defeat. While I would've just had the meal & my drink for him to cover if he'd apologized to the waitress & staff for his earlier behavior, I was compelled to help him enjoy the feeling of loss further since he wasn't man enough to admit such. I gave 6 of my guy friends 1 of their decks of cards as well as their calendars the next day. (On his tab of course.) All these years later & the thing that I wish was different was that I wasn't a TEST member back then with TEST Merch on to display our love of games wherever we go.

To paraphrase a line from the movie HACKERS, Mess with the TEST, get TESTified with the rest.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Looks like I've got a Tilted Kilt moving into Allen, TX, which is the town north of where I live. Should be interesting. Depending on policies, perhaps it will also make for a great location for another Bar Citizen, TESTie style. lols

Forgot your password?