Getting older...

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
It's my birthday tomorrow and my Fiancé has to go away for work. Sad, I know, truly the epitome of first world problems. But I want to have a decent day (even if I have to work for half of it) So I'm looking to crowd source some ideas from you awesome people!

I was considering doing some streaming (only plan I have so far is a ~2 hour borderlands pre-sequel gaming session) but I'm really not sold on the idea yet, perhaps if I got a few drinks in too...

Anyone got some awesome ideas on how to make my day special?

J.B

Lieutenant
Jul 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Eternal-Guardian
if you can fit in
Random Hobby (not on a PC) > Sport of some kind > Beer > PC Gaming > (optional bed room activity) > Sleep
in that order then that would be my idea of a very good day :D

Reactions: Reptar Khan

UbEcLoWn

Space Marshal
Jun 13, 2014
RSI Handle
UbEcLoWn
Having nothing to do IS a special occasion!

- Source: Am married with kids. Forgot what "nothing to do" means.
So. True. I spent the whole weekend playing Elite Dangerous because the wife and kid were out of town. I kinda felt guilty for not "doing anything". But I sure did enjoy a lazy quiet weekend. Quiet times are few and far between. haha.

MzHartz

Vice Admiral
May 24, 2015
RSI Handle
MzHartz
Having nothing to do IS a special occasion!

- Source: Am married with kids. Forgot what "nothing to do" means.
Agreed! (Even without the kids.) People keep asking me what I want to do for my birthday. And phrasing it like, "Let's go do this!" Really, I want to do a lot of nothing.

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
Yup, NOTHING would be great. 3 Turret Gunners in training, and right now, "nothing to do" is never on my agenda. Not even on my B-Day. Plus I am on call at work, being the only maintenance guy here.

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
I vote for nothing too. Having nothing to do sounds delicious.

Fenrig

Rear Admiral
May 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fenrig
My birthday was a couple weeks ago and I had to tell people I wanted to do nothing at all that day. I eventually was convinced to go out to dinner at a brewery (which I was actually okay with), but up until then I managed to succeed in making it a no-pants day.

God I love no-pants days.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Happy birthday Lienna! May your birthday be as lazy and pantsless possible!

Reptar Khan

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Quail_Girl
It's my birthday tomorrow and my Fiancé has to go away for work. Sad, I know, truly the epitome of first world problems. But I want to have a decent day (even if I have to work for half of it) So I'm looking to crowd source some ideas from you awesome people!

I was considering doing some streaming (only plan I have so far is a ~2 hour borderlands pre-sequel gaming session) but I'm really not sold on the idea yet, perhaps if I got a few drinks in too...

Anyone got some awesome ideas on how to make my day special?
Get a massage.
Seriously they are awesome.

Then get that food thing you don't normally get but you really like.

Finally write down what you want people to rember you by when your 80 and write a personal mission statement that supports that end goal.
Finally the 1st of every month & week think about how your daily stuff is driving you towards those intermediary to long term goals. :D & stay chill whatever happens along the way!
Happy Bday!
& obligatory celebratory alcohol!

Last edited:
Reactions: MzHartz

MzHartz

Vice Admiral
May 24, 2015
RSI Handle
MzHartz
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Get a massage.
Seriously they are awesome.

Then get that food thing you don't normally get but you really like.
Finally write down what you want people to rember you by when your 80 and write a personal mission statement that supports that end goal.
Finally the 1st of every month & week think about how your daily stuff is driving you towards those intermediary to long term goals. :D & stay chill whatever happens along the way!
Happy Bday!
& obligatory celebratory alcohol!
I second the massage idea.

The food thing is a good idea too. Like the thing you see on the menu that's overpriced so you never get it.

Reactions: Reptar Khan

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
Happy Beerthday!!!

Forgot your password?