Golden Oldies

Scape

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 2, 2019
RSI Handle
Scape_TEST
Right so I woke up and for some reason I have a strange urge to start an older game. I'm thinking Baulder's gate or Diablo 2.....Neverwinter Nights. Something like that.

I'm after to suggestions...?

Last edited:

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I recently picked up Diablo 1 and now 2 again. I never played the expansion to D1, still only halfway through it.
These are two of the games that are as good as I remember them being. Well worth your time imo.

Also as I look at my desktop, I see I got (open) Red Alert and Tiberian Sun installed, those are fun too.

One thing that I have on all my PC's and laptops installed is also an oldie but in a modernized version: Doom with Brutal Doom mod!
You can grab GZDoom for free to run your old doom .wads in this modern engine with all the original look and feel, and brutal doom turns it into an amazing game to play even today.

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
Knight of the Old Republic, The Jedi Knight games, Wing Commander (I feel like in a group about Star Citizen this is a no shit), X-wing/Tie Fighter games, Total Annihilation, StarCraft, Age of Empires 2, WarCraft 2, just some of the games I grew up on, if that is old enough for you.

Scape

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 2, 2019
RSI Handle
Scape_TEST
Knight of the Old Republic, The Jedi Knight games, Wing Commander (I feel like in a group about Star Citizen this is a no shit), X-wing/Tie Fighter games, Total Annihilation, StarCraft, Age of Empires 2, WarCraft 2, just some of the games I grew up on, if that is old enough for you.
Age of empires is a good shout actually

Reactions: Bambooza and Deroth

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
How old are you thinking?

Could consider:
System Shock
System Shock 2
Wasteland
Wasteland 2
Fallout
Fallout 2
Fallout Tactics* (if you're really hard up as it and the first console Fallout are the worst)
X Beyond the Frontier
X2
X3

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Goldbox SSI games (Pools of Radiance, Azure Bonds, Secret of the Silver Blades, Pools of Darkness)
Baldur's Gate (go for the eyes, Boo!)/BG2
Everquest/EQ2
Diablo series
Galactic Civ
Civ (4 and 5 are my favorites)
KotOR
Tie Fighter
Might and Magic IV and V - Xeen series
The Bard's Tale (really old school)
Moria and other Rogue-like games (even more old school)
UO
Rebel Galaxy
SW:TOR

Those are the ones off the top of my head

Scape

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 2, 2019
RSI Handle
Scape_TEST
Haha that is a feast of games. Never going back to Evercrack....lost my life lol. Never played bards tale, kotor 1+2 was so much fun. Its a shame the mmorpg even though it was good just never had the same feel, Darth Revan storyline was awesome

Forgot your password?