Good Article on CIG's Financials

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
If I remember my accounting correctly, for three years they were operating at a loss regardless of cash assets. This all means nothing of course, but it gives us something to do while avoiding the drudgery of real life

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
There is a sort of desperation about ship sales that has noticeable got worse. It is clear the money spent up to 2016 maybe 2017 was effectively wasted so probably half (They have to redo all of it). I was thinking they would have had a nest egg for getting the game finished ah no. It is weird they sold 10% of the company not unusual and it is usually how the owners get rich so it will be interesting to see if enough funds can be raised to get this finished given their time scales which are notoriously bad they need at least another $100. The shares being sold I have no issues with the piss poor project management so far.....

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
There is a sort of desperation about ship sales that has noticeable got worse. It is clear the money spent up to 2016 maybe 2017 was effectively wasted so probably half (They have to redo all of it). I was thinking they would have had a nest egg for getting the game finished ah no. It is weird they sold 10% of the company not unusual and it is usually how the owners get rich so it will be interesting to see if enough funds can be raised to get this finished given their time scales which are notoriously bad they need at least another $100. The shares being sold I have no issues with the piss poor project management so far.....
What desperation exactly?

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
We are spending 40 and getting in 30 and have no cash in the bank. Warbond got introduced and LTI for no warbond has been reduced for existing credits (it is mute whether the annual sale is equivalent i.e. 6 years).

Last edited:

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
We are spending 40 and getting in 30 and have no cash in the bank. Warbond got introduced and LTI for no warbond has been reduced for existing credits (it is mute whether the annual sale is equivalent i.e. 6 years).
Warbond is the best decision they ever made, the credit system was heavily reducing new funds. Don't forget this is a for profit company and the buyback system/upgrade system was never designed to be used to grant LTI, just get you the ship; which is exactly what it currently allows.

Reactions: Bambooza

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
This was interesting read. I think they are doing pretty well with ending 2017 in the black.
While the article is pretty decent, the forecast of a linear growth in workforce for so long is silly to say the least.
Looking through just the job postings on artstation, they are looking for high end professionals and specialized ppl, not generic artist types. There are only so many senior lead animation artists in the world floating around looking for a job with mediocre pay. Also, as it has been said many times by CiG, there are limits to how many things they can work on simultaneously regardless of how many ppl they have. I think they will stop recruiting extra ppl soon and try to settle in to a more stable pace / cost. (Ofc this doesn't mean they would stop looking as ppl will always come and go)

Doing some proper marketing is a good thing I think. Most of my friends never heard of SC, or only heard that it's scam, and it only exists as fake pictures on a website. This needs to change sooner than later if they want to keep up with the costs.

Something that no one seems to mention is, But what about Amazon? Would they step in to save the day? Do they care at all, or are they more heavily involved than we know?
It's the only big project worth a damn that's using their engine, I think some sort of deal can be made to have the project finished if the s hits the fan. As SC is running on Amazons servers, there could already be some special deals in place we know nothing about. If I'm reading too much into the amazon thing, CR can still just sell all the improvements and tech back to them I guess.

Reactions: Bambooza
Forgot your password?