Good news for the Mole in 3.8.1

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Wave 1 PTU is up for 3.8.1: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/4/thread/star-citizen-alpha-3-8-1-ptu-4089962-patch-notes

To summarize though for the Mole bug fixes:
  • Added an entrance light ring to indicate where a player should stand to get the entrance interaction on the Mole.
  • Added a new door on the side of the mole to fix problem with sideways opening clipping in to the visible exterior of the ship.
  • Players should no longer be able to fall out of the Argo Mole during quantum travel.
  • The mining storage containers beneath the Argo Mole should now have collision.
  • Fixed missing rain canopy effects on the Mole.
  • Fixed the Argo Mole's incorrect ore cargo capacity.
  • Fixed overlapping rock scan data on the Mole's turrets.
So the big ones are that the Mole now has its 96 SCU cargo and the overlapping scanning is gone.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Just did a buyback for Prospector. Trying real hard to resist upgrading to Mole.

M1TH

Grand Admiral
Donor
Aug 9, 2019
RSI Handle
M1th
Another good two
Cargo holds when mining should no longer randomly fluctuate to full or empty their contents occasionally
It should no longer be possible for extraction/fracture UI to be switched when mining

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
There a way to scan the contents of a mining node without getting out of the Mole's seat and into the mining lasers?

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Yes, your mining display has two types of scans. A Ping and a scan. I think your RMB is a ping, but when you get close, you can actively scan using your LMB in scanning mode, for areas with lots of rocks, you need to point at the rock you want to scan.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Yes, your scanner display has two types of scans. A Ping and a scan. I think your RMB is a ping, but when you get close, you can actively scan using your LMB in scanning mode, for areas with lots of rocks, you need to point at the rock you want to scan.

Reactions: Mich Angel

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
There a way to scan the contents of a mining node without getting out of the Mole's seat and into the mining lasers?
We have a Guide for this......

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
I never fell out of my Mole, guess that's a good thing. Did CIG say why 3.8.1 / PTU was taken down. I expected a PTU patch last night not for the PTU just to go down. We were dealing with 30k errors approximately every 10 minutes.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I never fell out of my Mole, guess that's a good thing. Did CIG say why 3.8.1 / PTU was taken down. I expected a PTU patch last night not for the PTU just to go down. We were dealing with 30k errors approximately every 10 minutes.
They'll put it back up when they have a more stable build they said.

Forgot your password?