Good news

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
CIG finally fixed (at least some of) the issues surrounding the F7A awards meaning I finally feel like I can log in and do something without screwing myself out of all that work

The bad news is that sometime in the past week I’ve done something to my right shoulder, meaning I need to hold off playing with mice or joysticks until the Docs figure out what is wrong. I am starting to wonder if I am getting signs to give SC a major break

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
CIG finally fixed (at least some of) the issues surrounding the F7A awards meaning I finally feel like I can log in and do something without screwing myself out of all that work

The bad news is that sometime in the past week I’ve done something to my right shoulder, meaning I need to hold off playing with mice or joysticks until the Docs figure out what is wrong. I am starting to wonder if I am getting signs to give SC a major break
Hmmm, I suggest putting your mouse sensitivity up as high as it will go and only moving it with your fingers while keeping your wrist, arm and shoulder static. Playing won't be much fun, but it'll still be playing :o7:

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Hmmm, I suggest putting your mouse sensitivity up as high as it will go and only moving it with your fingers while keeping your wrist, arm and shoulder static. Playing won't be much fun, but it'll still be playing :o7:
Much appreciated advice and Imhope others can use it, but for me, i have found two positions (zero-G and flat on my back ) where there is minimal pain. I can’t even find a way to even sit in my computer chair without pain, much less rest my hand on the mouse without shoulder pain.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Much appreciated advice and Imhope others can use it, but for me, i have found two positions (zero-G and flat on my back ) where there is minimal pain. I can’t even find a way to even sit in my computer chair without pain, much less rest my hand on the mouse without shoulder pain.
Ahh, my apologies I hope you mend fast, in hindsight the salute emoji was not particularly tactful either :o7:

Last edited:

NomadicHavoc

Captain
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
Hope you feel better. I know very well how pain can inhibit joyful activity.

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
Well, I I'd be given the choice to stop playing SC for a while or risk chronic pain anywhere in my body I'd stop playing.
That's a no-brainer.
Though IF I'd be fine lying flat on my bed I might be tempted to put a monitor on the ceiling and learn to play with an XBox Controller.
But that's just me being a no-brainer.
So heed it no mind...

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I am not super into chiropractic, but I have greatly benefitted from it before and can recommend it just to be sure you’re not dealing with the sort of trouble an MD would miss. Especially if you have insurance that covers it, can’t hurt.

Hope you’re better soon

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I am not super into chiropractic, but I have greatly benefitted from it before and can recommend it just to be sure you’re not dealing with the sort of trouble an MD would miss. Especially if you have insurance that covers it, can’t hurt.

Hope you’re better soon
Indeed sometimes a slight adjustment helps to remove pressure from pinched nerves.

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
6 weeks of PT….
Glad to hear that you get treatment for this. But 6 weeks of PT doesn't sound like too much fun.
Whatever helps to get you back into the game though, right?
Well, any game basically.
But come on man... Pyyyyyrooooo's right around the corner.... (whispers enticingly...)

Forgot your password?