Got a bit fed up with the Live Build so went to the PTU version

Pug76

Captain
Nov 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Pug76
Course now i had wonder if I needed to download all 40+GB of the bloody thing again .

but.............

Asked about in Spectrum and after a bit of fucking about ta da ...........PTU is up and running and i still have the normal build aswell

Just in case here's how i did it .

copied just 3 files/folders from the SC Live Folder , Bin64 , DATA & Data.p4k , up an running 10 mins later after the 1.0.1/4 PTU Launcher update .

Now then a word of caution , when you download the PTU Launcher you get the old Dela patcher ver 1.00

during the game files update you will get a box pop up saying new version PTU Launcher has downloaded and ready to INSTALL , ignore it let the game download the updated game files first otherwise it will stall the game like forever an forever . once the updates are installed ( you can see them in the background being downloaded ) and its finished doing that shit , then by all means install the new PTU Launcher .

Oh the PTU is way more stable so hopefully they#ll push this build out to the masses soon .

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Course now i had wonder if I needed to download all 40+GB of the bloody thing again .

but.............

Asked about in Spectrum and after a bit of fucking about ta da ...........PTU is up and running and i still have the normal build aswell

Just in case here's how i did it .

copied just 3 files/folders from the SC Live Folder , Bin64 , DATA & Data.p4k , up an running 10 mins later after the 1.0.1/4 PTU Launcher update .

Now then a word of caution , when you download the PTU Launcher you get the old Dela patcher ver 1.00

during the game files update you will get a box pop up saying new version PTU Launcher has downloaded and ready to INSTALL , ignore it let the game download the updated game files first otherwise it will stall the game like forever an forever . once the updates are installed ( you can see them in the background being downloaded ) and its finished doing that shit , then by all means install the new PTU Launcher .

Oh the PTU is way more stable so hopefully they#ll push this build out to the masses soon .
LOL, that is exactly what I did yesterday...I got sick and tired of crashing & disconnect errors in the PU, I wanted to crash in new and different ways, ha ha!

CRASH DIFFERENTLY!

(it is nice having a wider selection of ships and 100,000 aUEC to start with, I have to say!)

Reactions: Pug76

Pug76

Captain
Nov 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Pug76
LOL, that is exactly what I did yesterday...I got sick and tired of crashing & disconnect errors in the PU, I wanted to crash in new and different ways, ha ha!

CRASH DIFFERENTLY!

(it is nice having a wider selection of ships and 100,000 aUEC to start with, I have to say!)
Honestly can't believe the difference it has made , this is how the PU should actually be oh an the 100,000 coz 5,000 sucks . I lost 3 ships in the PU an almost ( but not quite ) threw my PC out of a window , course it ain't the PC's fault , so I erm didn't

Reactions: Radegast74

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Honestly can't believe the difference it has made , this is how the PU should actually be oh an the 100,000 coz 5,000 sucks . I lost 3 ships in the PU an almost ( but not quite ) threw my PC out of a window , course it ain't the PC's fault , so I erm didn't
I agree for testing, give everybody like the 100,000 aUEC, even in the PU.

But...

I can also see, CIG wants to manage expectations, and if everybody is used to 100,000 aUEC in all the alpha & beta play, and then the game is released and you only start with 5,000 UEC, the blow back and butt hurt will be huge! Just like they have (rather had) long wait times for insurance claims, I think they want people to get used to the idea of starting the game with a paltry amount of cash and having to work your way up.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
FWIW, the latest build in PTU is having some issues. There's a "line" at Levski, because it reports the pads are full, the elevators aren't working, and people are randomly logging in there. I know of one other Testie who was stuck there today. People are mostly making the most of it though, it's good to see that, instead of the bitching and complaining. It is Alpha, as @Printimus said.
The build is also experiencing FPS issues, but is pretty stable otherwise.

Pug76

Captain
Nov 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Pug76
I agree for testing, give everybody like the 100,000 aUEC, even in the PU.

But...

I can also see, CIG wants to manage expectations, and if everybody is used to 100,000 aUEC in all the alpha & beta play, and then the game is released and you only start with 5,000 UEC, the blow back and butt hurt will be huge! Just like they have (rather had) long wait times for insurance claims, I think they want people to get used to the idea of starting the game with a paltry amount of cash and having to work your way up.
Can't really disagree with that apart from one point .

You know when you lose a ship during a run due to CTD , Server failure , acts Of God , e.t.c ,it A) bugs me the fuck out that I have to use my measly 5,000cr to buy my own ship back or B) When you lose a Cargo Load on say Yella at Jumpoint and you can't rescue your ship as it is now " Lost in the Verse "

Forgot your password?