Graphics Card Woes

Rainshine

Captain
Donor
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
RainingLight
UPDATE!

There was something wrong with that benchmark update. After playing with my settings and cleaning up some stuff, as well as tinkering with my OC and voltage, here's what I came up with;

GPU-Z
oc3.jpg

MSI Afterburner
oc1.jpg

And the NEW benchmarks post overclock and system tweaks;
OC.jpg

Best stable (zero artifacts) clock speed I could get was about 1403, up from ~1228. The benchmark on the left is with the overclock, but no memory clock boost at all. I find it interesting that boosting the memory clock gave such a high change in max FPS. Mostly, I just tinkered with the global settings in NVidia Control Panel, did a quick defrag (doubt it changed anything), and restarted the computer. The biggest change I saw from base to OC, according to GPU-Z, was a 25% increased in pixel fill rate, which was interesting.

I'm much more happy with these benches.

@Krystal LeChuck - That's a pretty sweet rig you got together. I'm going to monitor this card and see if it warrants water cooling. Right now, my idle temp is ~50, but I'm in a warm room and my rig is missing a fan. I think once I get that last fan installed, I can bring her down to about ~45. Under load, she didn't go above 75, so that's pretty good, considering my panic is about 85-90.

Reactions: Krystal LeChuck

glockjs

Space Marshal
Feb 26, 2015
RSI Handle
glockjs
Yeah, honestly I'm not yet ready to deal with all the SLI crap. Too many problems :p What R9s are you running?

In either case, I have enough expendable income that as soon as Pascal drops I can grab a bleeding edge card. The 980 Ti was to hold me over till then.
2x 280x...left overs from the crypto mining boom lol

glockjs

Space Marshal
Feb 26, 2015
RSI Handle
glockjs
here's a new test for you while we are doing benchies lol. 4k dx11 ultra tess extreme AA off...AA isn't all that important at that high of res lol

Clipboard02.jpg

Rainshine

Captain
Donor
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
RainingLight
here's a new test for you while we are doing benchies lol. 4k dx11 ultra tess extreme AA off...AA isn't all that important at that high of res lol

View attachment 1078
Had a weird one with that. About halfway through I had extreme artifacting on scene 18. Was getting average 22 fps, till then. I was proud of her, though, temps stayed below 75. I'll try and figure why it did that and retry the test.

Forgot your password?