Security GRASP FPS training, a new focus.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
I came from Milsim stuff like Arma 3. I'm not sure how well that'll transition to this game but I think it will. I mean if your respawns are limited, I see the Realism style play come in pretty well as you'll have to make every life count in order to secure your objectives. Fireteams and Squads of 4 and 12 respectively? Modern military style roles like riflemen, automatic riflemen, designated marksmen, etc? Small arms tactics used like bounding overwatch, fire and movement, interlocking fire and proper flanking techniques? I think implementing small scale tactics like that would be both a lot of fun and boost our combat effectiveness considerably.

Ideally I'll love to see a proper close combat infantry assault. Imagine this scenario:

Assault/Defend:

1) Automatic riflemen and designated marksmen to provide suppressing fire
2) Riflemen to use bounding overwatch (fire and move) to 'move' up against a defended enemy strong point
3) Once the distance is closed. The assaulting rifemen will then neutralize the enemy with assault rifles, shotguns, and grenades.

I'll love for there to be stuff like smoke and artillery as well but one can dream I suppose lol...

Having experienced the CFT on Saturday I thought the whole thing could be a bit more organized, at least on the ground. It was terrific fun but absolute chaos. Being at night didn't help either lol!

Think Arma and less COD. :)

invalidData

Commander
Jan 18, 2020
RSI Handle
invalidData
I'm going to see about figuring some times out. In the past, I have tried to do training weekends in midday (Eastern Time) so both Europe and west cost can play. The Idea has always been doing tactical and strategic maneuvers for maximum effect with minimal losses. This is not the style for lone wolfs or rambos. yet again, the idea is to prep for the PU were respawns will not be a thing.
I came from Milsim stuff like Arma 3. I'm not sure how well that'll transition to this game but I think it will. I mean if your respawns are limited, I see the Realism style play come in pretty well as you'll have to make every life count in order to secure your objectives. Fireteams and Squads of 4 and 12 respectively? Modern military style roles like riflemen, automatic riflemen, designated marksmen, etc? Small arms tactics used like bounding overwatch, fire and movement, interlocking fire and proper flanking techniques? I think implementing small scale tactics like that would be both a lot of fun and boost our combat effectiveness considerably.

Ideally I'll love to see a proper close combat infantry assault. Imagine this scenario:

Assault/Defend:

1) Automatic riflemen and designated marksmen to provide suppressing fire
2) Riflemen to use bounding overwatch (fire and move) to 'move' up against a defended enemy strong point
3) Once the distance is closed. The assaulting rifemen will then neutralize the enemy with assault rifles, shotguns, and grenades.

I'll love for there to be stuff like smoke and artillery as well but one can dream I suppose lol...

Having experienced the CFT on Saturday I thought the whole thing could be a bit more organized, at least on the ground. It was terrific fun but absolute chaos. Being at night didn't help either lol!

Think Arma and less COD. :)
I want to get ready for PU as well, don't know if I will be a permanent member of TEST-Marines but I want to be of help and not a problem when it counts.
I want to know how to act and talk in those situations to help to achieve the current goal of the team and TEST.
So count me in for training when I got time.

Imagine this scenario:

A fleet battle against another org.
We will need some boarding parties to disable those enemy capital ships, or to claim them for our purposes.
How do those tactics work?
How many technicians and hackers does such a party have to bring along?

It will be interresting how to coordinate such fleet battles with so many different things to do...
I hope CIG will give us some good ingame comunication and organisation tools and the posibility to track player and ship status of other members in the squardon.

Reactions: Aramsolari and sum1

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
We will need some boarding parties to disable those enemy capital ships, or to claim them for our purposes.
How do those tactics work?
How many technicians and hackers does such a party have to bring along?
So this is exactly the idea GRASP was founded on. figuring out what works, how well it works and keeping in mind a multi-theater engagement. Currently, we have a lot of ship-based combat groups, my personal history has been much more FPS based, however, I desire to have a well-integrated system by the launch of PU.

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
I have the Operation drawn up. take a look and let me know if this interests you guys.

Reactions: Aramsolari
Forgot your password?