Security GRASP FPS training, a new focus.

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
Thank you for the quick reply! Would you suggest light or medium for someone who plays with himself a lot?
right now I would go with medium for the most part. if you are in verse you can mix and match. at that point, I could see going up to heavy for chest and head, and little to no armor on the arms or legs (depending on how mobile you want to be). but I would never go light armor on chest and head for two reasons. first, this is where people try to shoot you, better to have some armor there. second, medium chest lets you carry more weapons and gadgets, increasing your options for play style and choosing the right loadout for your mission. having a second main gun like a sniper rifle, shotgun or railgun to pair with your rifle or smg could be very useful.

Reactions: marcsand2

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
Light armour will give you more dexterity required for solo play; ideally look for a suit with leather palms for improved grip.

MammonLord

The Gatekeeper
May 10, 2014
RSI Handle
mammon
I didn't know there was a scheduled training because I never learned how to read, pay attention, or know anything. Ahead of the upcoming game mode I'd love to brush up my old Battlefield skills.

OuTLaW66613

Space Marshal
Jan 9, 2015
RSI Handle
OuTLaW66613
I didn't know there was a scheduled training because I never learned how to read, pay attention, or know anything. Ahead of the upcoming game mode I'd love to brush up my old Battlefield skills.
Well shit Doc, it's a date then lol..
If we can land a few more, we'd be good to go 😉👉

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
I was planning on bringing back GRASP with Theaters of War, as that would be perfect for the goals of GRASP. For those that don't remember GRASP stands for GRound, Air, SPace. and the idea is to focus on the ground war in a multi-dimensional fight involving all aspects of the engagement and to do so with military proficiency, and not as lone wolfs but as units trained to work together.

That being said, I think to do some dropship deployments (to ground and space) so pilots can learn how to land with the least amount of exposure time (even having ground units firing at them at later points.) with and without fire support. And deployment of troops to ground and space installations from a combat drop could be very useful for Theaters of War as well as in the PU.

If you have other ideas I would love to hear them, but here is kinda what I am thinking.

Stage One:
Dropship Landing training
Troop deployment from a landed dropship to installations (ground/space)

Stage Two:
Dropship Landing under fire from ground training (with and without support).
Troop deployment from landed dropship installations (ground/space) under fire.

Stage Three:
Full run, underfire dropship landing with troop deployment to capture installations.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
May I suggest also some groud to air scenario, like medievac and quick extraction operations?
A good scenario could be to infiltrate an enemy base, take a target down and then exfiltrate by dropship
Get a simple rule not to talk while dead and you can have a good stealth operation where the attacher should coordinate themself to take down eneymy forces whitout them to get into theyr ships and take the target off the groud.
If they manage to do that they can exfiltrate safely, otherwise it will became a fight of a small group against a numerical prevailing forces, where the attacker need ot compleate the mission anyway and then call the dropship to exfiltrate while in the hotzone.
Get some Ballista in there for the enemy ground defense and the hell is serverd....

Reactions: marcsand2 and sum1

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
May I suggest also some groud to air scenario, like medievac and quick extraction operations?
A good scenario could be to infiltrate an enemy base, take a target down and then exfiltrate by dropship
Get a simple rule not to talk while dead and you can have a good stealth operation where the attacher should coordinate themself to take down eneymy forces whitout them to get into theyr ships and take the target off the groud.
If they manage to do that they can exfiltrate safely, otherwise it will became a fight of a small group against a numerical prevailing forces, where the attacker need ot compleate the mission anyway and then call the dropship to exfiltrate while in the hotzone.
Get some Ballista in there for the enemy ground defense and the hell is serverd....
That is a lot more complex mission, I think it would be best to start very simple. get that down then work our way up. Also if the short term goal is prep for ToW (Theaters of War) sticking to that style of gameplay makes the most sense. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea, just too complex to start with, and not relevant until the PU becomes much more. Has a very We Were Soldiers feel (except stealth) feel.

invalidData

Commander
Jan 18, 2020
RSI Handle
invalidData
Some tactics training would be great. Hope to get more active on Battlefield Space... uhm, I mean Theatres of War. Damn autocorrect.
Had my share in FPS but teamwork not so much.
Is there a channel for this on the Discord server?

Reactions: marcsand2 and sum1

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
Some tactics training would be great. Hope to get more active on Battlefield Space... uhm, I mean Theatres of War. Damn autocorrect.
Had my share in FPS but teamwork not so much.
Is there a channel for this on the Discord server?
So one of the major mindset changes a lot of us Battlefield, CoD, Destiny, or any other FPS game that you will have to adapt for Star Citizen and the PU is no (or very limited) warzone respawns. This means you have one shot, you have one chance, and the best chance for success and for a living is good teamwork and solid tactics, strategy, and training.

As for discord, we have SC rooms and we could create custom rooms to fit our needs.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
So one of the major mindset changes a lot of us Battlefield, CoD, Destiny, or any other FPS game that you will have to adapt for Star Citizen and the PU is no (or very limited) warzone respawns. This means you have one shot, you have one chance, and the best chance for success and for a living is good teamwork and solid tactics, strategy, and training.
That's why i've never love the CoD playstyle: just a bunch of people runing around...
If you are not familiar with the tactical playstile I'll suggest to take some chance in MachWarrior Online, is not really an FPS, sice you use mecha, but every match is one shot: no respawn, no ammo refill, no life retake.
If they take out half on your weapon they you need to get along with that, same if you are happy trigger and wast all the 13 ammo of your gauss rifle... plus that game really favor team coordination gameplay, tactic planning and knowlage of the field.

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
That's why i've never love the CoD playstyle: just a bunch of people runing around...
If you are not familiar with the tactical playstile I'll suggest to take some chance in MachWarrior Online, is not really an FPS, sice you use mecha, but every match is one shot: no respawn, no ammo refill, no life retake.
If they take out half on your weapon they you need to get along with that, same if you are happy trigger and wast all the 13 ammo of your gauss rifle... plus that game really favor team coordination gameplay, tactic planning and knowlage of the field.
I play/have played a fair amount of Tarcov, Rainbow 6 Siege, and the like, I still enjoy any well made FPS game, The new Cod is really, surprisingly good. I have tried MechWarrior, not really my thing. but to each their own. I think we can agree Star Citizen faces its own unique challenges that are no were to be found elsewhere.

OuTLaW66613

Space Marshal
Jan 9, 2015
RSI Handle
OuTLaW66613

As for discord, we have SC rooms and we could create custom rooms to fit our needs.
I'm down. Are there going to be weekly training sessions? I know it's kind of limited right now but maybe there's different aspects of the whole we could focus on in the meantime.. I dunno following orders (lol), formations (flight and ground), running lines etc..

And if so can we make a sub thread on discord for scheduling/availability and whatnot?

Like I said before I need some training lol...
Jus give the order boss o7

Reactions: invalidData

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
I'm down. Are there going to be weekly training sessions? I know it's kind of limited right now but maybe there's different aspects of the whole we could focus on in the meantime.. I dunno following orders (lol), formations (flight and ground), running lines etc..

And if so can we make a sub thread on discord for scheduling/availability and whatnot?

Like I said before I need some training lol...
Jus give the order boss o7
I'm going to see about figuring some times out. In the past, I have tried to do training weekends in midday (Eastern Time) so both Europe and west cost can play. The Idea has always been doing tactical and strategic maneuvers for maximum effect with minimal losses. This is not the style for lone wolfs or rambos. yet again, the idea is to prep for the PU were respawns will not be a thing.

Forgot your password?