Greivers and PTU

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
Some people just don't seem to get the whole concept of a PTU.

Greivers camping out the derelicts where you are supposed to search for black boxes or bodies.

Greivers camping out the outposts where you can spawn a land vehicle (with a wonky Armistice zone) and sniping folks that try to spawn the vehicles.

Greivers camping out the pick up points for some missions.

The list goes on....

It is hard to test out and look for bugs when someone snipes you while trying to do so. Then these same miscreants complain that bugs are not being addressed fast enough.

Well, quit sniping the people trying to FIND said bugs, you knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing, slack-jawed idjuts!

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus

Greivers camping out the derelicts where you are supposed to search for black boxes or bodies.

Greivers camping out the outposts where you can spawn a land vehicle (with a wonky Armistice zone) and sniping folks that try to spawn the vehicles.

The list goes on....

It is hard to test out and look for bugs when someone snipes you while trying to do so. Then these same miscreants complain that bugs are not being addressed fast enough.

Well, quit sniping the people trying to FIND said bugs, you knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing, slack-jawed idjuts!
Trolls will always be trolls.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Unfortunately, there's not much in the way of either punishing people for griefing or providing incentive to not to.

If you give people a playground with no ramifications or repercussions for killing people for no reason, they'll kill people just for the lulz and salt.

Right now the PTU is on a lesser level of crime punishment than GTA, so it's no wonder people are going bananas about it.

In the future with reputation hits, persistent bounties and bounty hunters, this will (hopefully) stop, but until then, well, thats just part of the testing process I guess lol.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Like apes flining their crap around later wondering why their bananas have a weird after-taste.

Heartwood

Space Marshal
Oct 30, 2017
RSI Handle
Heartwood
Yeah, it adds to the list.

The list:
- Spawn ship, lift up, disconnect
- Spawn ship, lag, lag, lag, log out with alt F4
- Fly to moon, cannot land with the Aopa Al, crash exit
- Use the Kore to try retrieve mission, engage 3 pirate Auroras, impossible to kill due to lag an s1 laser weapons, decide to leave combat and just enter space near the mission point. Get sniped by a waiting playing near the wreck.
- Use the Comet to fight off the Auroras, A&R Shotgun got removed, got strange blue bullets instead, needed like 15 shots on 1 Aurora, which got stuck in space (standing target) and ran out of bullets. Lag spikes keep coming back + CPU is staggering. Alt F4 out
- Fly to another moon, boring, crash exit
- Fly to test the repair and tank station, cannot land with Aopa Al, crashed into an Avenger to exit (sry, this time i was the bad guy)
- 30x log in pre .ai patch, disconnect
- Used 300 ship for a mission, wanted to get out, got stuck in animation inside the ship, torso cut off instant death
- Re entered pilot seat, "y" key got into toggle mode so i cannot change directions anymore. Alt F4

The griefer was actually one of the most upsetting, as finally most things did work for the first time and then *pew pew death by bored tester

Last edited:

Nightlane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 26, 2017
RSI Handle
Nightlane

The list goes on....

Have you just reported them?

Reactions: hardroc77

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
I feel the same way. Finally was able to complete a mission, after dozens of attempts, God I hate "error 3000". Landed at Grim Hex, made the drop and felt sooooo gooood after take off. Only to be shot down by a couple of ______ camping at Grim Hex. Or picking up black box after scouring the wreck for twenty minutes, only to be snipped after I pick up the box and start walking back to my Cutlass.

It also seems during this PTU, that announcing that you're trying to replicate a bug is code for "attack me as soon as I leave the safe zone @ Olisar."
I remember when you ........

Forgot your password?