GrimHex

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Just some random thoughts: If like many of the players posting their adventures on youtube, you still are not wearing armor, it is probably best not go to GrimHex. Wear armor. I have seen a PC take a hit from an electric shotgun at point blank range and kill his attacker, because he was wearing armor. It is fair to presume that light armor will at least allow one to survive a single attack with most weapons, medium would be two attacks, heavy would be three. This is a guess but there needs to be something like this kind of advantage in the armors. There is supposed to be a difference in movement ability with the various armors and if CIG is going to nerf your movement what they need to give in return makes a difference. So just IMHO, you should not be going to GrimHex in a flight suit. Wear armor and carry a real weapon (or two) rather than pistol.

If I were playing right now, I would look to buy all 6 armors and half dozen weapons so I could select what I need at any given moment, but I would not go anywhere in a flight suit. I see folks get popped outside comm stations by snipers often, and that would not happen were they wearing armor.

Last edited:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Just some random thoughts: If like many of the players posting their adventures on youtube, you still are not wearing armor, it is probably best not go to GrimHex. Wear armor. I have seen a PC take a hit from an electric shotgun at point blank range and kill his attacker, because he was wearing armor. It is fair to presume that light armor will at least allow one to survive a single attack with most weapons, medium would be two attacks, heavy would be three. This is a guess but there needs to be something like this kind of advantage in the armors. There is supposed to be a difference in movement ability with the various armors and if CIG is going to nerf your movement what they need to give in return makes a difference. So just IMHO, you should not be going to GrimHex in a flight suit. Wear armor and carry a real weapon (or two) rather than pistol.

If I were playing right now, I would look to buy all 6 armors and half dozen weapons so I could select what I need at any given moment, but I would not go anywhere in a flight suit. I see folks get popped outside comm stations by snipers often, and that would not happen were they wearing armor.
Damn. They reset the aUEC in 2.4.1. I need to get into the best and make money...
No, wait. I don't. They'll reset it again for 2.5. Haha. What I need to do is learn how to make money. I gotta get in game. ;)

Reactions: AstroSam

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Fly the missions. Looks fun and easy to make pesos in little time. Pick up weapons, booze (which you can apparently sell), cigars, etc. And there are apparently a bunch of Easter Eggs already set at GrimHex, waiting for players. Also note, I think I heard the other day that Olisar will be the place to buy personal projectile weapons, and Hex will be the place to buy personal energy weapons. Just seems to me you want submachine gun type, shotgun type and sniper type in both projectile and energy. Everything has its own benefits and the weapons and armor are not too expensive to earn the cash for them in game. Many of them you can just pick up on the various missions.

Just FYI, for the same reason you don't bring a knife to a gunfight, you do not bring a pistol. I saw a guy empty his entire pistol into the pilot of a Starfarer he was trying to steal. He shot until he was empty and did not kill the pilot, because that pilot was wearing armor. So wear armor and carry a good weapon. We should probably be testing various weapons against various armor before the death penalty comes into play.

Last edited:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Fly the missions. Looks fun and easy to make pesos in little time. Pick up weapons, booze (which you can apparently sell), cigars, etc. And there are apparently a bunch of Easter Eggs already set at GrimHex, waiting for players. Also note, I think I heard the other day that Olisar will be the place to buy personal projectile weapons, and Hex will be the place to buy personal energy weapons. Just seems to me you want submachine gun type, shotgun type and sniper type in both projectile and energy. Everything has its own benefits and the weapons and armor are not too expensive to earn the cash for them in game. Many of them you can just pick up on the various missions.

Just FYI, for the same reason you don't bring a knife to a gunfight, you do not bring a pistol. I saw a guy empty his entire pistol into the pilot of a Starfarer he was trying to steal. He shot until he was empty and did not kill the pilot, because that pilot was wearing armor. So wear armor and carry a good weapon. We should probably be testing various weapons against various armor before the death penalty comes into play.
Good info. Thanks @Shadow Reaper.
Looks like I'll get some play time this afternoon. Time to get goodish at SC. Haha.

Reactions: AstroSam

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Damn. They reset the aUEC in 2.4.1. I need to get into the best and make money...
No, wait. I don't. They'll reset it again for 2.5. Haha. What I need to do is learn how to make money. I gotta get in game. ;)
Done that yesterday evening. Took one hour to grind 20k bucks. And will be erased again; and again; and again. But besides of that I'm looking very forward to the game mechanics that will be implemented by end of this year such as the rescue/beacon mechanics and the first trading options. Plus the growing mini PU, which now starts by implementing GrimHex. Its hard not to totally freak out, but as I said, I'm very excited.
Oh, and thanks for the vids @Shadow Reaper I strongly recommend every interested TESTie to watch the ATV vids and stuff :)

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I think I may have to start playing again in 2,5 :D

Sam if you need a wingman to assist with nasty pirates I've got 2 turrets and 12 missiles available. :D

Jethaya

Captain
Dec 17, 2015
RSI Handle
Jethaya
J

i was under the impression that armor are just a fashion statement at the moment i tried a few and its all the same to me i can be wrong tho

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I watched a vid where Dan Geesling emptied an entire clip from a pistol into the pilot of a Star-G at point blank range and did not appear to miss at all, and yet the pilot continued to fly. The only explanation I have for such a thing is that the pilot was wearing armor. On other occasions Dan has killed targets and teammates with a single shot when they were wearing a flight suit rather than armor, so I think something is up there.

Rolo

Vice Admiral
Donor
Apr 22, 2016
RSI Handle
RoloKipp
Personal armor is not yet implemented (confirmed by CIG in chat).

Some of the multi-crew ships still have issues killing pilot in pilot seat, which is what that sounds like.

Ship armor *is* implemented, at least on the 325a, Hornet & Delta. Baior did not have a Gemini to test, iirc.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Done that yesterday evening. Took one hour to grind 20k bucks. And will be erased again; and again; and again. But besides of that I'm looking very forward to the game mechanics that will be implemented by end of this year such as the rescue/beacon mechanics and the first trading options. Plus the growing mini PU, which now starts by implementing GrimHex. Its hard not to totally freak out, but as I said, I'm very excited.
Oh, and thanks for the vids @Shadow Reaper I strongly recommend every interested TESTie to watch the ATV vids and stuff :)
Only one hour? Perfect! Now I just need to find time. Haha.

Reactions: AstroSam and Rolo

Jethaya

Captain
Dec 17, 2015
RSI Handle
Jethaya
I watched a vid where Dan Geesling emptied an entire clip from a pistol into the pilot of a Star-G at point blank range and did not appear to miss at all, and yet the pilot continued to fly. The only explanation I have for such a thing is that the pilot was wearing armor. On other occasions Dan has killed targets and teammates with a single shot when they were wearing a flight suit rather than armor, so I think something is up there.
yah you cant shoot a pilot if he is seated you need to wait for him to get up i watch Dan videos too but one must say i like Dan but he tends to get shot more often then he sucessfuly kill maybe that is what make him so entertaining :)

Forgot your password?