GTA VI Trailer's out!

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
That and gta has been console first for a long time as well as consoles have a bigger gamer population with less cheating and stealing
Oh gaaawd, that reminds me, you think they will do the dumb denuvo or whatever the heck was the copy prot on PC? I remember dowloawding the cracked exe for 4 I think because the real one was so unstable and slow cos of the copyprotection.

As for the optimization... yeah that never was a strong suit of rockstar. Well actually they probably did all they could for the aging 360 that could barely run gtaV at 30fps, dipping into the 15s and stuttering a lot, but there is no excuse for gta4 being so utterly demanding and unstable on PC. I had a top of the line amd graphics card and near best intel cpu, fresh clean windows with tons of ram and fast hdd and so on, yet it was all over the place. GTAV ran kinda poorly too but that was way more acceptable at the time with my hardware.
Despite this, I don't think GTA ever had a bad launch. It usually worked for the majority with not much bugs.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
You’ll think a PC version would be easier to develop than ‘insert whichever console’ since you know….the game is being developed using PCs. Who knows…I’m kinda miffed that I’ll have to wait till 2026 or whatever.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
You’ll think a PC version would be easier to develop than ‘insert whichever console’ since you know….the game is being developed using PCs. Who knows…I’m kinda miffed that I’ll have to wait till 2026 or whatever.
Yes and no. The issue with pc's is the plethora of system combinations out there. And if they where utilizing a third party engine they could unload a lot of that work.

Given the steps for using engines like Unity for Playstation you'd be right in thinking it would be easier for PC release. Thus I imagine it's most heavily influenced by partnerships and marketing clout.

Forgot your password?