Guild Wars 2

Kiladyn

Vice Admiral
Dec 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Kiladyn
Does anyone play this game? I was an avid fan of the first and expansions. A buddy just got me back into this one so I was wondering if any of yall play

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Ganji

Admiral
May 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Ganjieh
I give it a try recently, did not feel like investing time and money into the game, it looks fine, looks polished, but i have other mmo's i'd rather play.

• o7

Harkonan

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkypoo
I played it back in the day. Max leveled my toon via crafting and stopped playing.

MMOs use to be like crack to me but for some reason none of the "major" MMOs ever grabbed my attention for very long. I always got wrapped up into the lesser known MMOs with smaller communities. These MMOs always were far more addicting to me because I knew the community members more personally and improving felt more rewarding because of it.

Smaller MMOs always made me feel like I was actually affecting the world around me while large MMOs like WoW and GW made me feel like my character and actions were irrelevant.
I still have fond memories of being the first Telekinetic in Hostile Space to tank a boss, or when our clan basically waged war on an entire server. Still remember becoming the second strongest Summoner in existence on Corum Online. My time in GW and GW2? I don't even remember ....

Last edited:
  • o7

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I've never really thought about playing Guild Wars 2, but I'll look into it & let you know when I decide my friend.

zeeZ

Admiral
Aug 14, 2016
RSI Handle
zeeZ
GW2 (and GW) have ruined other MMOs for me. Combat and movement feels great, especially the mounts. The limited amount of skills mean I don't have half my screen covered in skill bars of which I can't even remember a quarter of the keybinds and what they do anyway.

Also holy shit, I've been playing this franchise for 15 years now.

Kiladyn

Vice Admiral
Dec 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Kiladyn
I LOVED the original GW series, i really enjoy GW2 but I wish it was more like GW lol but ya Ive been playing a long time.

• o7

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I went & looked into GW when this thread started. I haven't decided on if I'll give it a shot yet based on my limited knowledge of it as well as not knowing if any of us still play it.

Forgot your password?