Had to be honor guard for a fallen soldier...

DontTouchMyHoHos

Space Marshal
Apr 4, 2015
RSI Handle
DontTouchMyHoHos
Would do it again in a heart beat, but... people only feel obligated to pay respect when told to do so it seems. Now i'm now not one to force things upons others in terms of ideals or beliefs, but when someone dies to protect everything you have been given... idk. People only understand when its all taken away and given back to them again or when what they take for granted is on the constant edge of being taken away does someone truely understand what that person who stands to be the body betweeen the difference, they finally appreciate what they have. There is to many people in this world that have so little and being were I am atm allows me to do nothing for it...humbling as it is to hold the casket of someone who sacrificed their life to protect everything people never appreciate and blank out mindlessly day by day asking for more... breaks my heart.

Reactions: Designated Drunk

DontTouchMyHoHos

Space Marshal
Apr 4, 2015
RSI Handle
DontTouchMyHoHos
Regardless, i'll never stop standing in harms way regardless of what people think, believe, or see in order to protect the things I love. Ever.

Edit: I'm not looking for sympathy or anything of the sorts, just getting things off my mind. Please dont look at this as a cry for anything or something along the lines of it... I could careless about those who disagree, nothing would ever stop me from following what I follow.

Reactions: Designated Drunk

dubbzy

Admiral
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
dubbzy104
Just because you don't believe in something enough to sacrifice/die for it, doesn't mean that you shouldn't respect those who do. My condolences to you.

SPRNinja

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
SPRNinja
Chur bro. Ive been a soldier for nearly 7 years. Lots of friends went overseas. Some came home broken. Some came home in boxes draped in flags. It sometimes gets to me how much people at home forget about this stuff, right now the NZ Army has around 150 guys in Iraq, i dont know if my mates are ok, I hope they are...

Its rough to see it go down like that.

Im actually tearing up a bit typing this... wow.

But anyway mate. My condolances. PM me if you want to chat

Forgot your password?