Voyle

Captain
Jun 2, 2014
RSI Handle
Voyle
Where you from stranger?
Los Angeles, CA

What drew you to Star Citizen?
Sppaaaaceeeeeee. I've loved space and flight sims since the early 90's playing wing/strike commander on my 486. I miss the shit out of Star Wars Galaxies just because of it's space pvp... SC naturally gave me a hype boner and I donated to Kickstarter right after it was announced. Aurora master race reporting in...

What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)
PVP Booty Bounty Hunting, locking people in the sleeping pod of my Aurora strapped to the mattress with BDSM gear. Crashing my Aurora into things. Replacing my Aurora. Keeping my Aurora. Aurora.

What was the first game you remember playing?
Wolfenstein 3D

What other games do you play?
War Thunder, but not online very much after buying my pedals, trackIR and hotas setup... I unlocked a couple of jets with the mouse and keyboard but I just cant go back to that. Competing with a joystick in that game is just annoying with a logitech 3d pro. I've got a t6000m in the mail though, so we'll see. I'd get into full real battles if I had people to play it with. Plenty of other flight sims too, FSX/Prep3d and a little xplane.

BF4 when I hate myself. I used to be a pretty "hardcore" fps player but I just don't think there's anything out worth sharpening my skills on these days that can keep my interest.

I used to play an unhealthy amount of mmos and got pretty competitive in WoW. But that genre is kind of dead to me too. Honestly, Star Citizen is the only online game I'm really looking forward to.

Also, I practice by flying xwings through the grand canyon.

Picard or Kirk?
Picard. I respect Kirk's ability to sucker punch lizard men and bed green women, but Lean Juc is the man. Plus, Patrick Stewart is my favorite actor.

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
Welcome to TEST!
War Thunder, but not online very much after buying my pedals, trackIR and hotas setup... I unlocked a couple of jets with the mouse and keyboard but I just cant go back to that. Competing with a joystick in that game is just annoying with a logitech 3d pro.
I feel your pain. Its not impossible, but there's just so much yaw reaction, you can't stay on a plane long enough to get in your kills. Just no precision at any sensitivity. I attribute that more to the game than I do to the joystick though.

Voyle

Captain
Jun 2, 2014
RSI Handle
Voyle
I admire your dedication to the aurora, therefor I bid you welcome.
However expect no further boons from me than this.
Thanks, and that's cool. I don't expect handouts, I prefer to just steal things/ approval.

Welcome to TEST!

I feel your pain. Its not impossible, but there's just so much yaw reaction, you can't stay on a plane long enough to get in your kills. Just no precision at any sensitivity. I attribute that more to the game than I do to the joystick though.
Thanks, I actually find aiming with my pedals for yaw to be much, much more accurate than using my ailerons and elevator with my old joystick. I've heard great things about the thrustmaster though. Definitely going to try to club some lower level planes with it when it arrives, but I do agree that WH joystick support just plain sucks.

P.S. Joe Cool is the shit.

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
P.S. Joe Cool is the shit.
Why yes, yes I am.

Hmmm, see I think that would make it better for me using pedals, too. I think a big reason I yaw so damn much is I bump the yaw when I roll. I mean, everyone's wrist turns slightly when you move the stick and WT just says "OMG YAW! I FUCKING LOVE YAW!" and freaks out because of physics.

You might have just given me logic enough to invest in pedals. We'll have to see how SC handles with just a joystick because there shouldn't(keyword here) be any opposite force when you yaw.

Voyle

Captain
Jun 2, 2014
RSI Handle
Voyle
Srsly I have a Joe Cool beach towel from childhood that I still use when I want to get random chicks phone numbers. It's a bikini magnet.

I think pedals are totally worth it. I hate the twist axis, largely because like you said it's so easy to initiate a little yaw whenever you try to bank with them. I disable that axis completely and have never looked back, having a stick that twists doesn't bother me that much as long as the twist isn't doing anything. Not sure how viable or important pedals will be for SC, but they definitely add to the fun and immersion factors for me. I started with the cheaper CH pro pedals, but returned them after deciding it was worth spending a bit more for the saitek pro combat's. The build quality is great, they're much more comfortable to use, tension adjustment is a life saver and they don't make me smash my enormous testicles betwixt my legs to use them.

Forgot your password?