Halp!! Kernel Power error ID 41

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
*** currently running after fresh install on new disk. We'll see how it goes!
Good luck! I'd definitely turn off that "Fast Startup" if you haven't already.

I guess next step is to check your house's wiring...

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
turn off fast startup, set hibernation/sleep mode to never and suspend to never, set your power button to shut down windows (it defaults to suspend). good luck

at-2500

Vice Admiral
Donor
Aug 24, 2018
RSI Handle
at2500
Well, good luck for the clean system. If this error really means that Windows thinks there was an unclean shutdown, it might also be harddisk or sata cable related. I once had a cheap ssd that had misunderstandings with the sata controller of my main board and the result was unclean shutdown errors in Linux, and on Windows weird micro stutter and missing tray icons. 🤷‍♂️

Texelis

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Texelis
Well, good luck for the clean system. If this error really means that Windows thinks there was an unclean shutdown, it might also be harddisk or sata cable related. I once had a cheap ssd that had misunderstandings with the sata controller of my main board and the result was unclean shutdown errors in Linux, and on Windows weird micro stutter and missing tray icons. 🤷‍♂️
Ya, thought that too. I'm on a fresh install, new disk, new cables. We'll see! Seems ok so far, but I haven't had a ton of time on it.

Reactions: Mich Angel

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Ya, thought that too. I'm on a fresh install, new disk, new cables. We'll see! Seems ok so far, but I haven't had a ton of time on it.
?
Dude, you're supposed to quit your job & leave your family so you can play whenever you want, all the time!

Just kidding...

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee
Hopefully you have this fixed with a simple reinstall of Win10, but there are a few other things to address with this build. If you start getting these errors again, upgrade your MoBo, you have an older one and it could be that the VRM is starting to fail, could be bad caps on there, could be old age gremlins, but this would be your next best step I think.

Next thing to point out, you've put a Ferrari V12 engine in a Ford Fiesta. One of the older ones that looks like a roller skate. What I mean is you have way more GPU than your CPU can handle, it's probably fine if you don't really have anything else using PCIe lanes, but to really make use of that GPU, you are going to want something a little more modern. But, if it works and you're happy with it, roll with it until you're not happy with it. No sense in spending money just to spend it. But also wou[dn't your life be better with more RGB in it.

Tl;dr - If reinstalling Win10 didn't fix it then it's upgrade time

Texelis

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Texelis
Hopefully you have this fixed with a simple reinstall of Win10, but there are a few other things to address with this build. If you start getting these errors again, upgrade your MoBo, you have an older one and it could be that the VRM is starting to fail, could be bad caps on there, could be old age gremlins, but this would be your next best step I think.

Next thing to point out, you've put a Ferrari V12 engine in a Ford Fiesta. One of the older ones that looks like a roller skate. What I mean is you have way more GPU than your CPU can handle, it's probably fine if you don't really have anything else using PCIe lanes, but to really make use of that GPU, you are going to want something a little more modern. But, if it works and you're happy with it, roll with it until you're not happy with it. No sense in spending money just to spend it. But also wou[dn't your life be better with more RGB in it.

Tl;dr - If reinstalling Win10 didn't fix it then it's upgrade time
New OS install seems stable, but again I haven't had a lot of test time. Oh for sure. I only started with the GPU and PSU because I thought they were the cause of some issues. I'm wanting to do a 3900X build soon. GPU's been a great upgrade though still, CPU showing 60% during gaming.

Reactions: Mich Angel
Forgot your password?