Hangar question. This may be a dumb question...

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I melted my Cutty Blue package a while back. So technically I should no longer have the VFG hanger. Yet, under my hanger tab, I have all 4 hangers.
An I missing something? Does everyone have these hangers for now? Or do I still have them by some fluke?

I reckon what I'm asking is, is it worth buying a LTI Freelancer or LTI Cutlass package(to upgrade to a DUR) off a fellow TESTie, to have the goodies and the hanger, as all I have now is an Aurora package. It's a 45 dollar difference from my original intent.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
I think if you got any ship that came with a R&Y hangar, you automatically have all 4. I do, but I keep my stuff in the aeroview because that dang R&Y is impossible to keep clean.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I think if you got any ship that came with a R&Y hangar, you automatically have all 4. I do, but I keep my stuff in the aeroview because that dang R&Y is impossible to keep clean.
So even though I melted the package that had the VFG hanger, I still have it (the hanger)? I'm tempted to buy a package from a fellow TESTie for the goodies and hanger, but if I haven't lost the one I had, why would I?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
The self land hanger seems pretty nice. More my style. And the digital star map is cheap like borscht in the store. So what the fuck is the point of upgrading to a bigger package? Nothing in my mind. Damn I'm getting good at answering my own questions. Ha.

glockjs

Space Marshal
Feb 26, 2015
RSI Handle
glockjs
i was kinda wondering the same thing for awhile. i melted a R&Y package a looong time ago and it's still there. i'm just hoping i keep it but not expecting it. i think it's one of those questions that will be answered after official launch...

dubbzy

Admiral
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
dubbzy104
Today, I took my Digital Mercanary package that I upgraded to a Cutlass (gives me all hangars), and upgraded that to a Freelancer. Now, I only have the aeroview and selfland hangars. My other ship is a reliant, which only has the selfland hangar anyways. I miss my R&Y hangar :(

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
i was kinda wondering the same thing for awhile. i melted a R&Y package a looong time ago and it's still there. i'm just hoping i keep it but not expecting it. i think it's one of those questions that will be answered after official launch...
Exactly. I reckon I won't know until I get home and load the game up. Damn holidays. Haha. That, or I won't know until launch. C'est la vie. I actually like the self land hanger. And the industrial. And the aeroview. Not a fan of the R&Y. It's to pretty. I'm not a 'pretty' person. Lol.

miss my R&Y hangar
I prefer the Aeroview myself. Isn't it the package that gives you the hanger, and not the ship?

dubbzy

Admiral
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
dubbzy104
Exactly. I reckon I won't know until I get home and load the game up. Damn holidays. Haha. That, or I won't know until launch. C'est la vie. I actually like the self land hanger. And the industrial. And the aeroview. Not a fan of the R&Y. It's to pretty. I'm not a 'pretty' person. Lol.

I prefer the Aeroview myself. Isn't it the package that gives you the hanger, and not the ship?
its definitely the ship. I only have those 2 hangars

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
It's because you have a Sabre. VFG is the most expensive hangar and also comes with all the ones below it at the moment. Not sure how that will work in the full game, but that's how it works now.

Last edited:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
It's because you have a Sabre. VFG is the most expensive hangar and also comes with all the ones below it at the moment. Not sure how that will work in the full game, but that's how it works now.
It has to be the ship. I have a Cutlass Red, that was a P-72LTI. I still have my VFG hangar.
OK, that makes sense. I upgraded a p72 LTI to Sabre. Still have the hanger.

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
Now that you mention the Saber, that's the other ship I have. It is an upgrade as well, from a Freelancer DUR package.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
So if you upgrade a standalone ship, you retain the insurance from the original, but get the hanger from the new one? Which is strange, as it still shows the old hanger. I'll take it though.

Reactions: thanatos73

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Or, it could be the higher level of options is retained, I mean whose going to downgrade insurance levels?
That's a good pointb too. The only hanger I actually purchased was the VFG with my Cutty package. I melted that damn package. So have the VFG. Still have them all actually. I've since bought a Freelancer package, but even before is done that, I still showed as having all the hangers

Forgot your password?