Hanger Inventory

XeoWolf

Commander
Donor
Sep 5, 2016
RSI Handle
XeoWolf_TEST
Attempting to put together a good fighter, I bit into a Ghost prematurely.
I'm still trying to grasp the whole system with the melting, buy backs, renting etc...

So I figured I'd share what I already have in a post I can refer back to.

Also, I'd like to suggest 2 things for the forums, If I may.

1. A suggestion board for suggestions. :P

2. A board for members Hanger Inventories. Where we can post what we have, refer to them in other poss=ts with links. As there doesn't seem to be an official API for this sort of thing yet.

Anywho, here's my newbie hanger stuff and things...

Reactions: Murderer

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I have not bought a single weapon or any ship system.

Everything is subject to a lot of changes between now and when this game comes out, the weapons and systems you buy today might not be what you expect in a few months!

I think we have all been in your position, sitting there, looking at the hangar and wondering what we need to add or remove.

I tell all new arrivals that there is nothing wrong with having a single starter ship. You do not need to spend $1000 to enjoy this game!

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Dude why are you *buying* weapons? They'll all be changed by the time the game launches. Rent them with REC and try out different load outs and configs. in the BETA, use weapons on ship, or rent wepons with REC. When the game launches buy weapons in game with UEC.

Reactions: Blind Owl

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I second the advice that you shouldn't buy any weapons yet. You can rent them with REC and try everything out. I'd only use cash for ships at the moment.
Also, if you go to your TEST forum account, you'll notice a section called "Personal Hangar", where you can show off what ships you have.

XeoWolf

Commander
Donor
Sep 5, 2016
RSI Handle
XeoWolf_TEST
Dude why are you *buying* weapons? They'll all be changed by the time the game launches. Rent them with REC and try out different load outs and configs. in the BETA, use weapons on ship, or rent wepons with REC. When the game launches buy weapons in game with UEC.
Couple reasons really... I love the idea of this game and where it's going, so adding more funds to the development makes me feel more of a contributor. I would be "donating" anyway, but I play the alpha so I may as well get the benefit of the weapons/components while doing so.

The other reason, I guess is that until I feel like I've reached a certain skill level and I'm comfortable with the controls etc... I don't get into many of the co-op matches. JaqHass invited me a couple nights ago and it was a lot of fun though. So I'm working at getting better! :)

Also, I'm on vacation this week but when I get back to work I'll be one of the Nocturnal Types, playing those odd hours when not many others are active.

Also, if you go to your TEST forum account, you'll notice a section called "Personal Hangar", where you can show off what ships you have.
Oh wow, awesome! Thank you!

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I must respectfully disagree that buying weapons is a bad idea. I want my hangar full of weapons. My plan however it to let others buy them and then loan them off their previous owners while they're respawning.

Apparently, The Outsiders on Leir are flying the UEE ships they bought for us, and they're just waiting to be picked up along with their weapons loadout, and the Vanduul have those nice S2 plasma cannons I want so badly in the nose of a Sentinel.

In any case, you can't have too many guns and things that go BLAMO! so hey, it's for a good cause.

I do recommend reading the threads here about weapons and pimping your ride. Things like weapon speed to target are easy to misjudge without extensive flight experience. Some guys get used to the slow projectiles on heavy hitters like the Tarantulas, but they're very hard to hit at moderate distances. Some guys love the fast firing Panthers, but they don't do as much damage as other weapons. Also time to overheat, burst period, range and such are all important to how you will fight with them. This is a bad, out of date chart, but you'll get the idea:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nU2Ten4SWLfPrB92PsuJ2xNEevBDc5Rkqr7jsusGUAE/edit#gid=278523881

And welcome to the forum!

Forgot your password?