Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

Arrangingstars

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Arrangingstars
So, what is Saint Patrick's Day you ask?! Well, here's what Wikipedia has to say:

"Saint Patrick's Day, or the Feast of Saint Patrick (Irish: Lá Fhéile Pádraig, "the Day of the Festival of Patrick"), is a cultural and religious celebration held on 17 March, the traditional death date of Saint Patrick (c. AD 385–461), the foremost patron saint of Ireland.

Saint Patrick's Day was made an official Christian feast day in the early 17th century and is observed by the Catholic Church, the Anglican Communion (especially the Church of Ireland),[4] the Eastern Orthodox Church, and Lutheran Church. The day commemorates Saint Patrick and the arrival of Christianity in Ireland,[3] and celebrates the heritage and culture of the Irish in general.[5] Celebrations generally involve public parades and festivals, céilithe, and the wearing of green attire or shamrocks.[6] Christians also attend church services[5][7] and the Lenten restrictions on eating and drinking alcohol are lifted for the day, which has encouraged and propagated the holiday's tradition of alcohol consumption.[5][6][8][9]"

So! I know Saint Patrick's Day is more than just a drinking holiday.. (but let's be real, this is TEST - any excuse to drink, amiright?). What are your plans for this fine festive day? I'll be staying in with you fine folks, avoiding over crowded bars, drinking until I'm more merry than I usually am!

Happy Saint Patrick's Day everyone!

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Well, I'm gonna go to work. And when I'm done, I'm gonna go make up for lost time. Happy St. Patrick's day, and remember to drunk responsibly!

W-T-Riker

Lieutenant
Mar 12, 2016
RSI Handle
WTRiker
Whats Pie day i ask myself. And why you like Heloween and more for me strange Holidays there in US of A.

Happy Saint Patrick's Day everyone that celebrates it!

Last edited:

Buzz Lightyear

Commander
Feb 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Buzz-Light-Year
So, what is Saint Patrick's Day you ask?! Well, here's what Wikipedia has to say:

"Saint Patrick's Day, or the Feast of Saint Patrick (Irish: Lá Fhéile Pádraig, "the Day of the Festival of Patrick"), is a cultural and religious celebration held on 17 March, the traditional death date of Saint Patrick (c. AD 385–461), the foremost patron saint of Ireland.

Saint Patrick's Day was made an official Christian feast day in the early 17th century and is observed by the Catholic Church, the Anglican Communion (especially the Church of Ireland),[4] the Eastern Orthodox Church, and Lutheran Church. The day commemorates Saint Patrick and the arrival of Christianity in Ireland,[3] and celebrates the heritage and culture of the Irish in general.[5] Celebrations generally involve public parades and festivals, céilithe, and the wearing of green attire or shamrocks.[6] Christians also attend church services[5][7] and the Lenten restrictions on eating and drinking alcohol are lifted for the day, which has encouraged and propagated the holiday's tradition of alcohol consumption.[5][6][8][9]"

So! I know Saint Patrick's Day is more than just a drinking holiday.. (but let's be real, this is TEST - any excuse to drink, amiright?). What are your plans for this fine festive day? I'll be staying in with you fine folks, avoiding over crowded bars, drinking until I'm more merry than I usually am!

Happy Saint Patrick's Day everyone!
I'll be doing whatever I do on any other day :p it's not really a holliday I have any interest in.

Reactions: Blind Owl

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I did my first three years of school in a Protestant neighborhood in London, where we wore orange on March 17.(At that age, I had no awareness of the history of The Troubles). You can imagine the reaction I got my first St.Pat’s day back in New York when I showed up at school accessorized in orange. I still wonder why my mother, who was raised in Chicago, let me out of the house dressed like that.

Arrangingstars

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Arrangingstars
I did my first three years of school in a Protestant neighborhood in London, where we wore orange on March 17.(At that age, I had no awareness of the history of The Troubles). You can imagine the reaction I got my first St.Pat’s day back in New York when I showed up at school accessorized in orange. I still wonder why my mother, who was raised in Chicago, let me out of the house dressed like that.
This is sad, yet also hilariously adorable! XD

Reactions: Blind Owl

Jokyr

Space Marshal
Apr 21, 2015
RSI Handle
Jokyr
Unfortunately my St. Patrick's day was spent at CHOC Hospital, my daughter was getting her tonsils removed ( and tomorrow is her birthday ) so not a whole lot of celebrating today.

Forgot your password?