Have you all seen the United Outlaw Mothership?

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel
Reactions: Seiivo

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Thing is, the guy who masterminded that thread has since been B&'d...so I don't see this getting anywhere. TEST could probably shit on them right off the bat.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
I think we should fly any Bengal we capture into a sun just for the tears it will provide us by doing so.
I'm fine with this, but I'd rather strip the Bengal down, and sell it as a husk to anyone, and then sink it when they try to move it.

Desterion

Admiral
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
Desterion
There isn't going to be selling of strategic assets, only the taking of them.

And while it was a cool idea, it never could have happened. A large org would have put enough of their own guys on the inside to sabotage it before they attacked and took it. I think CIG realized this, and thats why they made the NPC space station have exactly the same function as the pirate bengal.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
There isn't going to be selling of strategic assets, only the taking of them.

And while it was a cool idea, it never could have happened. A large org would have put enough of their own guys on the inside to sabotage it before they attacked and took it. I think CIG realized this, and thats why they made the NPC space station have exactly the same function as the pirate bengal.
I've never heard anything about this. You're speculating off of rumors and hearsay, not confirmed facts.

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel
I don't personally think that the spai game is going to be as developed in SC as it was in EVE. There just isn't enough motivation to go to such lengths; the stakes in SC are going to be different ones. I'm sure there will be spais; EVE has coded large organizations to think that such things are necessary, but organizational territorial control is going to be exhibited in much different ways in SC.

Even if your above scenario was true, it would still be a glorious story within the game. And even though their instigator is banned from the forums, the whole point of that collection of entities was that it was leaderless. This effort may yet have legs, though it remains to be seen if it can sustain legs all the way to PU release.

Desterion

Admiral
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
Desterion
I've never heard anything about this. You're speculating off of rumors and hearsay, not confirmed facts.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13852-Galactic-Guide-Pyro

I don't personally think that the spai game is going to be as developed in SC as it was in EVE. There just isn't enough motivation to go to such lengths; the stakes in SC are going to be different ones. I'm sure there will be spais; EVE has coded large organizations to think that such things are necessary, but organizational territorial control is going to be exhibited in much different ways in SC.

Even if your above scenario was true, it would still be a glorious story within the game. And even though their instigator is banned from the forums, the whole point of that collection of entities was that it was leaderless. This effort may yet have legs, though it remains to be seen if it can sustain legs all the way to PU release.
I think you're forgetting how deathly afraid orgs have already been of spies, especially ones like Imperium. Other orgs have had witch hunts so bad that they have collapsed. The potential for eve level drama and spying is already there. It just remains to be seen how much use exactly there is going to be for them.

While leaderless, it's going to be a collection of pirates and people with $$ in their eyes. Human nature is that somebody would try to take it for themselves and their org, regardless of how well everyone else wants it to work. While the community might not be as cutthroat as eve is, I expect them at least to be as competitive in the PU.

Last edited:

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel
I think you're forgetting how deathly afraid orgs have already been of spies, especially ones like Imperium. Other orgs have had witch hunts so bad that they have collapsed. The potential for eve level drama and spying is already there. It just remains to be seen how much use exactly there is going to be for them.
Perhaps, but that's EVE bleedover, and an out-of-game game. People can play forum spies all they want, but I don't have the sense that there's going to be the same kinds of assets in SC that are worth deep infiltration (or even warring).

People will compete for Bengals. People will try to control trade lanes. People will try to monopolize supply chains as much as they can, in economic PVP. Controlling sectors of space? Wielding billions of organization credits? I'm not sure those things are going to be as relevant in SC as they were in EVE.

EVE is very much a corporation-centric game. SC appears to be much more player-centric.

While leaderless, it's going to be a collection of pirates and people with $$ in their eyes. Human nature is that somebody would try to take it for themselves and their org, regardless of how well everyone else wants it to work. While the community might not be as cutthroat as eve is, I expect them at least to be as competitive in the PU.
Eh. I see it more as a giant community lounge, and a way for dozens of small to medium organizations to have a loose alliance and engage in light roleplay.

Reactions: JoeCool4433

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
The problem is it would be almost impossible to try and run a Bengal without a central leadership/leader. Even the logistics of fuel and possibly air resupplies would be a hassle. IF you wanna tax people or have landing fees, who collects them? How do you make sure that person collecting them isn't embezzling it?

And that's assuming it's not under attack. If there's a permission system to operate the helm/other important positions for capital ships (as I hope there is!) who gets to fly it? Who decides who's on the "in" list? Or do you not have it pilotable, making it a sitting duck for a strike force of Gladiators and Retaliators?

How do you decide target priority, manage scrambling fighters, getting the engineering team to work at their best? If you have an actual org, you have a clear chain of command (in some cases, unlike the Beer Brigade) so you everyone knows what they're doing. With this pirate mothership junk I see 30 people trying to do 30 different things, and tearing apart a Bengal carrier. Assuming they even get one.

Plus I think Seraph, the "main guy" behind this, is an insufferable, cocky toolbag. Top keks when he was banned like 2 days after his 30 day suspension got up.

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
And even though their instigator is banned from the forums, the whole point of that collection of entities was that it was leaderless. This effort may yet have legs, though it remains to be seen if it can sustain legs all the way to PU release.
"Cut off a limb, and two more shall take its place!"
"HAIL HYDRA!"

I actually didn't catch too much of the story about Imperium. I knew they were the largest org earlier this year (and TEST was ~350 members *tear*), and starkestrel was saying that it would eventually collapse from spies and infighting at least by the start of the PU (but now we see it's so much earlier!). They wanted to be the elite, hardcore, dedicated org, right? Like Over Raided guilds of WoW and DDO or BoB in EVE? I think largely TEST doesn't care too much about spies and our leaders are focused on actual smooth organization, rather than delving into roleplaying and metagame paranoia level conspiracy theories?

Or maybe it's that any potential spies will discover the true heart of darkness at the core of TEST philosophy? (below)
I think we should fly any Bengal we capture into a sun just for the tears it will provide us by doing so.

Kalh

Lieutenant
Aug 18, 2014
RSI Handle
Kalh
I propose to make a bengal a beer distributor flying around the galaxy to set free the humanity of drama orgs . Because with a beer everything is possible.

Reactions: Designated Drunk

Designated Drunk

Space Marshal
Feb 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Designated_Drunk
New headline in the 'Verse: "TEST Squadron Salvages Bengal Carrier Wreck, immediately crashes into Sun on belief it was the Sphere of Beer!
I humbly request that the first liquid planet discovered by TEST be named "Sphere of Beer".

Designated Drunk

Space Marshal
Feb 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Designated_Drunk
I propose to make a bengal a beer distributor flying around the galaxy to set free the humanity of drama orgs . Because with a beer everything is possible.
I think there was some mention of turning a Bengal into a fly-through liquor store, but perhaps acting as a distributor rather than an end retailer might be more profitable? Or heck with the profits - being a beer distributor rather than a retailer will mean that we can buy beer in even larger volumes.

I really hope bootlegging becomes an actual job/activity/pursuit in SC. Maybe TEST's Bengal could have the entire hanger filled with stills...

Sethious

Space Marshal
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
SethiousFel
Luckily Test has an extremely well organized anti-spai unit, headed by me of course. I take my spai seeking seriously, which is why I treat everyone like a spai. Has anyone seen my scotch?

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
Science Division reporting. We confiscated your Scotch because our bug scanners indicated that it might contain or be a part of a spai's intelligence gathering. Think about it! It's always going to be present at important meetings, and you're going to have it with you any time you have a private conversation.

Turns out that by using a laser to measure vibrations in the bottle as a light "microphone" someone was recording your conversations. Luckily, I think all they were able to record were your grand tales of hilarious drunken adventures and graphic descriptions of your sexual exploits.

The spai is currently down in the brig. Please stop by so you can try out some of the new "interrogation equipment" prototypes that we're testing!

We may or may not have also finished the bottle of Scotch....

I'll get you a bottle of better stuff from my buddy in the Imports and Smuggling Division to replace it! (He owes me one for repairing the SexBot that almost ripped his dick off.)

Pistols

Lieutenant
Jun 15, 2014
RSI Handle
Pistols
I think you're forgetting how deathly afraid orgs have already been of spies, especially ones like Imperium.
I know this guy, see, he's a really great guy *hic*
Been my drinking buddy for yearsh. Great guy.
Says he's in this Imperialist Orangunation or something. *hic*
But shhhhhhh, beeee quiet! He told me not to tell anybody.
Just between us and these other people in the bar right?
He shays that they don't like their membranes communicationing with other Oragnisms.
Great guy. Slept with hish girl-ladyfr, wife.
He drank all my rum. Hate the lowlevel, life.
If I see him again....

Another Rum!

Reactions: Kalh
Forgot your password?